What's new

Game Thread Oct 25, 2023 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Kings

Added to Calendar: 10-25-23

The 98-0 record starts tonight.
So I guess we aren't winning the in season tournament? Hater! Boo this person!!!

JK... My dad always calls/texts to tell me that "you can't win em all if you don't win the first one" this time of year. Got the text yesterday... so the season can start now.

Last edited:
This is actually the perfect opponent to start with. A good team but not an overwhelmingly good team... a team we need to compete with for playoff positioning... its just one game but we will learn some stuff right off the bat.

He’s probably the better option to start but just a thought since fox cooked us last season and Dunn is our best on ball defender

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
THT probably starts, but Dunn will finish.

I guess we find out right away if the ball dominant lead guards are going to gash us like they did during the Mike Conley Era. Theoretically, we should be able to throw some different looks at them, and offer more resistance with our rotation of bigs, even if they get put out there on the perimeter.

THT provides a matchup problem for the Kings when they are on Defense, which I like, but Dunn and Ochai absolutely feasted on the Kings the last time we played them.

So I guess we aren't winning the play in tournament? Hater! Boo this person!!!

JK... My dad always calls/texts to tell me that "you can't win em all if you don't win the first one" this time of year. Got the text yesterday... so the season can start now.
#1 seeds dont play in the play in tournament. its for the 7-10 seeds or some ish.

THT will start. Andy Larsen touched on this in his radio spot... also mentioned he thought Dunn had played the best and was the most deserving. He also said it might partly be to bump his trade value. I could see that in pre-season but not necessarily in season... coaches generally don't take input from the FO on stuff that minor.

I think THT will get some runway here... if it goes well then it will continue.

THT will start. Andy Larsen touched on this in his radio spot... also mentioned he thought Dunn had played the best and was the most deserving. He also said it might partly be to bump his trade value. I could see that in pre-season but not necessarily in season... coaches generally don't take input from the FO on stuff that minor.

I think THT will get some runway here... if it goes well then it will continue.

I don’t see Hardy starting him all preseason then pulling the plug. I agree with your last point. If he continues to play well he will stay the starter.

He’s talking about the new in season tournament.
Ya i figured. But as a society I feel that we dont give each other enough crap for every little thing. So I felt it necessary to point out his heinous mistake. ;)

Ya i figured. But as a society I feel that we dont give each other enough crap for every little thing. So I felt it necessary to point out his heinous mistake. ;)
Words matter… it was fair… I edited it to reduce future confusion.

My biggest problem with THT starting at PG is that it makes it hard to take anything seriously. it just sounds like a joke, and immediately there's the smell of tanking in the air.

We really, really need an actual playmaker.

I think Clarkson is going to handle the ball more than he showed in pre-season. If THT does start, I don't think he's going to dominate the ball, at least not with the other starters. He may get to go more buckwild with the 2nd or 3rd unit though.