What's new

Game Thread Oct 28, 2021 06:00PM MT: Jazz at Rockets

Added to Calendar: 10-28-21

I’m kinda just holding my breath until the jazz put together a full game of good bball. So far we look like we’re in preseason mode; but we’re good and lucky enough to have gotten away with it.

Jesus can we play a real team at full strength soon?
We are struggling enough against bottom feeders and injury depleted teams. Be careful what you wish for.

I’m kinda just holding my breath until the jazz put together a full game of good bball. So far we look like we’re in preseason mode; but we’re good and lucky enough to have gotten away with it.
Speaking of pre-season, I wish we would start using pre-season to tune the team up and get them in game shape rather than play the starters for token minutes then use the rest to "evaluate" the end of bench guys. Basically, take the pre-season more seriously would generate a better start to the regular season.

Speaking of pre-season, I wish we would start using pre-season to tune the team up and get them in game shape rather than play the starters for token minutes then use the rest to "evaluate" the end of bench guys. Basically, take the pre-season more seriously would generate a better start to the regular season.
The only thing enjoyable about preseason is watching the end of bench guys play. It's fun to see how the young guys have progressed over the summer. I would hate for rotation guys to get hurt in meaningless games.

The regular season is long and provides plenty of time to tune up.

I’m fine with how we’ve managed things so far. Load management is a big issue; so if we can leverage our continuity and skills to win these games like we have (as we’re still rounding into farm), then we absolutely should if the alternative is increasing load in games that don’t matter.

Most of the title contenders are dropping a couple games right now. Sometimes in spectacular fashion.

I'd actually like to see Marcus Fitts get some rotation minutes if Bogey is out. I want to see what he looks like next to some of our better players.

Jazz are already 3 games in the loss column ahead of LAC, LAL and PHX, and they're 2 games in the loss column up on Denver. Those are really the only teams that can challenge the Jazz in the regular-season standings. Lakers are looking like a play-in team right now.

Jazz are already 3 games in the loss column ahead of LAC, LAL and PHX, and they're 2 games in the loss column up on Denver. Those are really the only teams that can challenge the Jazz in the regular-season standings. Lakers are looking like a play-in team right now.
I have no idea what the Lakers were thinking. The team they won the title with had multiple good perimeter defenders and guys that could shoot spot up threes. Over the last two years they lost Danny Green, KCP and let Caruso walk. They replaced them with terrible shooters and defenders. The load on Lebron and AD is gonna be huge. ADs nickname is street clothes… Lebron is old… good luck.

I think Phoenix and Denver (if Murray is healthy) are the ones to watch. GS maybe.

I have no idea what the Lakers were thinking. The team they won the title with had multiple good perimeter defenders and guys that could shoot spot up threes. Over the last two years they lost Danny Green, KCP and let Caruso walk. They replaced them with terrible shooters and defenders. The load on Lebron and AD is gonna be huge. ADs nickname is street clothes… Lebron is old… good luck.

I think Phoenix and Denver (if Murray is healthy) are the ones to watch. GS maybe.
I think Phoenix doesn't show out as well as last year and I'm going with Chris Paul not being as healthy (even though they've done well without him IIRC). I think GSW probably surprise because they'll be better but also the league will be happy to have them back in the fold and the hype machine should put some wind in their sails.

The Lakers miss Dennis Schroeder too. Overall, their defense has plummeted. They gave up 123 pts to the Thunder, who had been averaging 94 ppg.

Rudy Gobert matched Wilt Chamberlain three game start record for points and rebounds...Rudy's is the Wilt Chamberlain of the Jazz. And shokingly the 2nd best center for the Jazz looks like it could be Whiteside (ok it is Mark Eaton but it has me thinking maybe he get up there). We are going to crush people from the 5 spot. And the guard play is top tier. Just the 3/4 needs to improve. If Rudy Gay, Eric P, Bogey, and even Fitts plays well will determine if the Jazz win it all or not.

Last edited:

Murray isn't going to come back exactly as he left once he is cleared. It will take a while to get there, if it even happens this year.