What's new

Odds that Snyder is the Jazz coach next season?

What are the odds that Quin is the Jazz coach next season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I remember when I thought Sloan should retire, and honestly, it was probably time. However, if I could go back in time and talk to myself:

1649144769898.png

Snyder is part of the problem. Don and Rudy may not like each other but he should find a way to make them work well together. Even if superstar have a big EGO, they are in a team. A lot of people ( at bulls time)even if they did not like MJ. they close their mouth and work hard to make them win. But they had a great coach, where we don't.

"I think as the Jazz, we have to understand that in those moments like that, when the team (has you figured out), you have to have another game to go to."
Dwayne Wade talks a little bit...

I guess Coach's got to be thinking some X and Os right now....
quin have no "another game" plan. this goes back to the 3-1 nuggets series. doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is foolish.

Talks about Quin to LA or SA... nothing new there. The thing that absolutely made me throw up in my mouth was they mentioned Doc Rivers being a potential replacement for Quin. I may just have to turn in my fan card for a few years and be a free agent. Danny just picking his buddies and Ryan picks his buddies is a recipe for some seriously sad years in Jazzland.

quin have no "another game" plan. this goes back to the 3-1 nuggets series. doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is foolish.
This is probably the biggest problem we have that no one talks about. Quin does not adjust, he just doesn't. The media tries to pretend that he does, but in the end he gets the same guys doing exactly the same thing. If he had put in House or Juancho or both during the GS run and had them double team Klay to get the ball out of his hands it could have been a different game. But nope, keep in Royce and go under or fight over screens, no show from the other defenders, no effort to make things hard for Klay. So we lose.

This is probably the biggest problem we have that no one talks about. Quin does not adjust, he just doesn't. The media tries to pretend that he does, but in the end he gets the same guys doing exactly the same thing. If he had put in House or Juancho or both during the GS run and had them double team Klay to get the ball out of his hands it could have been a different game. But nope, keep in Royce and go under or fight over screens, no show from the other defenders, no effort to make things hard for Klay. So we lose.
Hey, that is the strategy that works 85% of the time. Quin’s just been on the unlucky end of 15% about 30-40 consecutive times. Law of averages says continuing to do this should work like 99.9% of the time and you can’t beat those odds.

Hey, that is the strategy that works 85% of the time. Quin’s just been on the unlucky end of 15% about 30-40 consecutive times. Law of averages says continuing to do this should work like 99.9% of the time and you can’t beat those odds.
1649176858686.png

And I'm not sure you even have to make a substitution... you just can't have Rudy dropping that low. I get that Green is a **** shooter, but you can't give Klay that much airspace. Have Rudy come up hard like 2 or 3 times instead of dropping so low. When he is down that far Klay knows coming over the screen he is open. Give a great shooter a notification that they will be wide *** open on the curl and he will make it A LOT!!!! Come up hard and make the shot harder or make him drive or find the open guy. When its Jokic or Luka with the ball they will find the open guy... Klay??? Maybe make the jump shooter dribble or pass IDK????

The thought of Quin coaching the Lakers makes me sick to my stomach, as does the thought of Doc Rivers coaching the Jazz.

Here’s my question about Rivers:

Since the talk is “the Jazz can’t find a better coach than Quin, be careful what you wish for,” does that pivot to “OMG Jazz land too-5 coach and HOF coach” if/when we hire Rivers?

Also, if Ryan brought in his buddy Ainge, and Ainge brings in his buddy Doc, does Doc get to bring in his buddy Austin? And who’s Austin’s buddy?

Since the talk is “the Jazz can’t find a better coach than Quin, be careful what you wish for,” does that pivot to “OMG Jazz land too-5 coach and HOF coach” if/when we hire Rivers?

Also, if Ryan brought in his buddy Ainge, and Ainge brings in his buddy Doc, does Doc get to bring in his buddy Austin? And who’s Austin’s buddy?

I'd rather Doc bring in his buddy Seth than his buddy Austin.

It’d just be hilarious to say “we’ve had issues closing games and playoff series… so we brought on the guy who has lost a bunch of 3-1 leads and was then head coach for some epic collapses… two negatives makes a positive… it’s just science”.

I don’t think that’s a great match anyway so I’m ignoring the rumors a bit… but having a part time GM and a part time head coach (doc’s work ethic has been challenged a bit and the man loves to golf)… that’s a recipe for a full time **** show.

Just say no to Doc.

Why don’t we just bring in Phil Jackson for two years to see if we can salvage something with Donovan/Rudy? Or would he be too passive with our specific problems and otherwise lack of vocal leadership? Maybe trade for Smart and bring in Phil.

Can't win with Quin so bring in the one coach that Quin has consistently dominated. Sounds about right.

The great thing about hiring Rivers is that it would demonstrate how nobody really has any new ideas. It’s like when someone doesn’t know how to cook but then they learn 2-3 things and that’s all they can make the rest of their life. Or if you learn a couple tricks in whatever business you’re in and you overplay that because it because it’s what’s allowed you to be semi-functional in those settings. Quin has set up some good stuff, but he’s completely out of ideas. Literally no more ideas other than more of the same. We hire a GM and have him go back into his bag of 2-3 tricks.

The great thing about hiring Rivers is that it would demonstrate how nobody really has any new ideas. It’s like when someone doesn’t know how to cook but then they learn 2-3 things and that’s all they can make the rest of their life. Or if you learn a couple tricks in whatever business you’re in and you overplay that because it because it’s what’s allowed you to be semi-functional in those settings. Quin has set up some good stuff, but he’s completely out of ideas. Literally no more ideas other than more of the same. We hire a GM and have him go back into his bag of 2-3 tricks.
Word is Ainge had Billy King on the phone for 30 minutes at the trade deadline... Billy just kept trying to tell Ainge he wasn't the GM in Brooklyn anymore... he gave up after a couple minutes and just listened to Ainge's trade proposals... word is Danny was so close to landing KD for a conditional second from Billy.

He then got off the phone and called McHale... Anthony Edwards was almost ours for a 2027 lotto protected first and cash considerations.