What's new

Off season free agent targets

realistic option will be middleton and green. love to have either of them

Sent from the JazzFanz app

I think Draymond Green is actually a stretch 4 though... not sure he's really a wing per se. i'd take him and figure it out though.

I think Draymond Green is actually a stretch 4 though... not sure he's really a wing per se. i'd take him and figure it out though.

stretch 4 or not, the guy can move the ball really well and is a damn fine team player. I'd personally take a chance and let him play the 3 position and move hayward to the 2. Exum, Hayward, Green, Favors and Gobert!

I'd love to get Wes back. At first I think he was a little miffed that we didn't make him an offer. But he seemed to cool off and point out that we didn't know he'd get that big sheet from Portland. I bet he'd come back if the money was comparable.

stretch 4 or not, the guy can move the ball really well and is a damn fine team player. I'd personally take a chance and let him play the 3 position and move hayward to the 2. Exum, Hayward, Green, Favors and Gobert!

We would struggle to score 90 a game.

If that's the wish list then this rebuild is officially off the rails. This core isn't going anywhere special. The team isn't close to a luck into a WCF and get blown out special.

If that's the wish list then this rebuild is officially off the rails. This core isn't going anywhere special. The team isn't close to a luck into a WCF and get blown out special.

Then what free agents would you have the Jazz go after this off season?

What trades would you like to see happen?

I do not think any of us expect the addition of Middleton, Green or Matthews next season to take this team from mid 20s wins to the WCF next year. I expect it to make them fight for the bottom 2 seeds and a first round exit. There would still need to be continued development and pieces added/subtracted/traded before this team is WCF finals ready.

But signing a deep shooting wing would be a solid step in that direction imo.

We would struggle to score 90 a game.

On this team right now I agree with you. Add a LITTLE bit more experience and I disagree. I think Hayward could easily put up 20-22 a night, favors 17, Green 15, Exum and Gobert between 8-10 if they improve.
Not to mention we will have a healthy Burks, Booker, Hood, and Burke on the bench.
Obviously I don't know any of this to be certain, but I also don't think it's unrealistic.

This core hasn't even gotten close to hitting it's peak. Look at the Hawks who are playing out of their minds right now. I think Favors is better than Milsap was at age 23. I think Hayward is a border line all star who is going to continue to get better. Gobert is better than Horford at age 22, Exum is 19 for god sake.

In 3 years time worth of experience and chemistry, I think this core could be a head ache for other teams.

On this team right now I agree with you. Add a LITTLE bit more experience and I disagree. I think Hayward could easily put up 20-22 a night, favors 17, Green 15, Exum and Gobert between 8-10 if they improve.
Not to mention we will have a healthy Burks, Booker, Hood, and Burke on the bench.
Obviously I don't know any of this to be certain, but I also don't think it's unrealistic.

Green is averaging 11 right now, on 43% shooting. If he leaves GS, his efficiency will drop. HE ain't scoring 15 unless he's taking a lot of shots.

This core hasn't even gotten close to hitting it's peak. Look at the Hawks who are playing out of their minds right now. I think Favors is better than Milsap was at age 23. I think Hayward is a border line all star who is going to continue to get better. Gobert is better than Horford at age 22, Exum is 19 for god sake.

In 3 years time worth of experience and chemistry, I think this core could be a head ache for other teams.

I love Rudy, but Horford is criminally underrated.

Edit: the Hawks also have a better coach than we do, and that does matter. And Jeff Teague is really good.

Then what free agents would you have the Jazz go after this off season?

What trades would you like to see happen?

I do not think any of us expect the addition of Middleton, Green or Matthews next season to take this team from mid 20s wins to the WCF next year. I expect it to make them fight for the bottom 2 seeds and a first round exit. There would still need to be continued development and pieces added/subtracted/traded before this team is WCF finals ready.

But signing a deep shooting wing would be a solid step in that direction imo.

We could be good. I'm just a bit disappointed atm. If they could somehow sign a young stud like Kawhi then they could make some noise. If you're going blue collar you need all 5 blue collar starters, plus a solid and deep bench.

I'd throw the farm at Kawhi s-n-t after Duncan, Ginobili, and Pops decide to hang it up this summer. Then shore up the point guard in the next year.

Good post

We could be good. I'm just a bit disappointed atm. If they could somehow sign a young stud like Kawhi then they could make some noise. If you're going blue collar you need all 5 blue collar starters, plus a solid and deep bench.

I'd throw the farm at Kawhi s-n-t after Duncan, Ginobili, and Pops decide to hang it up this summer. Then shore up the point guard in the next year.

I'd be thrilled with Kwahi and if the Jazz have a chance at him they need to take it. I agree that the PG position with the players we have is not where we need it to be. The answer is not Burke and it may, emphasis on may, be Exum in 3-4 years. Until then we will have below average PG play at best.

In my mind, this team being great still hinges on two things:

1. Dante Exum
2. Getting lucky in the draft this year or with a pick we trade for

You could add a third in there for free agency, but the chances that we get lucky in free agency and sign a huge name player are super unlikely, hence the wish list.

I'd be thrilled with Kwahi and if the Jazz have a chance at him they need to take it. I agree that the PG position with the players we have is not where we need it to be. The answer is not Burke and it may, emphasis on may, be Exum in 3-4 years. Until then we will have below average PG play at best.

At what cost? They now have 5 first rounders to trade between now and 2019, and at least 13 second rounders. I believe they can pull a big name away with that horde. They should hound San Antonio and Chicago.

In my mind, this team being great still hinges on two things:

1. Dante Exum
2. Getting lucky in the draft this year or with a pick we trade for

You could add a third in there for free agency, but the chances that we get lucky in free agency and sign a huge name player are super unlikely, hence the wish list.

That's why I'm so bummed. Lucking out in the draft is extremely difficult, and then you still have to wait for the kid to get good without losing other core pieces in the meantime.

I want Wesley Matthews... Danny Green is a good option too.. Middleton will probably get matched since they freed up cap space when Sanders agreed to the buyout and they got a cheap starting PG today and won't have to choose between Middleton and Knight..

There are ways to make sure they don't match. You can't pay someone NOT to match...well, not directly. But you can certainly call and tell them once you've sorted out the SG position - and BTW, we just signed an offer sheet with Middleton - you'll offer them 2 firsts for Johnnie O'Bryant because you are desperate for another big now that Kanter is gone.

Middleton is not a max guy. I'd offer no more than $10M.