Official Derren Wiliams is a Bitch Thread

Who's side are you on?

• DWill's

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • Sloan's

Votes: 32 61.5%

• Total voters

Archie Moses

Seriously, I have nothing but respect for Sloan wanting to go one on one with Williams. It's sad, but it's true. DWill has the leadership skills of a 14-year-old-girl on the rag. I think Sloan was about due to go, but this is not how you handle your relationship and loyalty to some one gave so much to the Jazz. DWill, stop bitch and start playing. You have a lot to prove.

Jerry Sloan resigned as head coach of the Jazz after several clashes with Deron Williams.

Sloan and Williams clashed at halftime of Wednesday's loss to the Bulls. At least two members of the Jazz feared Sloan and Williams would physically fight, but the confrontation ended before reaching that point.

Sloan’s relationship with Williams had grown progressively worse over the course of the season, league sources said.

“He decided right there in halftime that he was done,” a league source told Yahoo! Sports. “He felt like ownership was listening more to Williams than they were to him anymore. He was done.”

One source said Sloan had become tired of Williams “blaming everything on everyone else.”

Assistant coach Ty Corbin has been named acting head coach, and league sources expect the team will move to secure him as Sloan’s long-term replacement in the near future.

Read more: https://basketball.realgm.com/wiret...illiams_Led_To_Sloans_Departure#ixzz1DbDtNFxX

I don't think Dwill was the only one to clash with Sloan. It doesn't appear that Williams clash with Jerry would be worse than say, Karl. It's possible that Jerry chose not to put forth the effort to coach through it this time.

Maybe I'm just emotional right now, but if Deron pushed Sloan out then he's dead to me.

Jerry was frustrated with Deron who was frustrated with his teammates. You can't blame the guy for getting frustrated. The problem was the players quit putting effort into Sloan's system and everything went downhill from there. I don't know how many times Deron worked his tail off to get the ball to the open man only for them to shoot up a brick. You're an NBA player making millions, you SHOULD be able to hit an open shot at least half of the time. Should Deron have taken his frustration out on the coach? No. You heard it right from Jerry in the press conference, he doesn't have as much energy as he once did (and I think we've all noticed that). If the coach doesn't have the energy, it won't carry over as well to the players come game time. Deron's not at fault here. It's a wide variety of faults.

I don't think Dwill was the only one to clash with Sloan. It doesn't appear that Williams clash with Jerry would be worse than say, Karl. It's possible that Jerry chose not to put forth the effort to coach through it this time.

I don't know if Jerry ever tried to fight Karl though. I don't think it was because Malone was bigger too.

The only people who've said anything about Deron pushing Sloan out are anonymous "league sources". As of right now, I'm on Jerry's side AND I'm on Deron's side. Perhaps, before rushing to judgment, we should wait and see what Deron has to say about all this. Turning on key players based on the words of nobodies will only hurt the Utah Jazz, both in the short and long run.

Exactly.

According to Marc Stein, Sloan essentially said it was him or Deron, so he left. To my knowledge, Deron hasn't ever requested or forced a trade, and I don't believe the Jazz would allow Deron to anyway.

You can either believe that Sloan threw a fit and lost, or what he and the organization said which is he was just done. After 23 years losing in the game that was lost, that's also feasible.

If DWill plays with a new spring in his step and not like the stick in the mud like he has the last month and a half, then yeah, he's a bitch.

Deron haters should go jump off a bridge. Do you honestly believe deron forced jazz out? That Deron gave the front office a ultimatum?

Sloan left because he has the good sense to know when it's time to step down.

And ****, sure Deron has his faults, but dude's a warrior. More than anyone else on the team, he hates to lose. Not someone we should all be trying to push out of Utah.

The only people who've said anything about Deron pushing Sloan out are anonymous "league sources". As of right now, I'm on Jerry's side AND I'm on Deron's side. Perhaps, before rushing to judgment, we should wait and see what Deron has to say about all this. Turning on key players based on the words of nobodies will only hurt the Utah Jazz, both in the short and long run.

True that. And what if Williams was trying to lobby for some changes? Maybe the same or similar changes that we see a few good posters here call for. So blame Williams for trying to get in a better position to win, even if it means countering Sloan? Doesn't seem like the best idea. I'm sad about the way this is going down, but I was hoping to see Jerry step down at the end of this year. Maybe the contract extension formality helped push things over the edge.

A thread posted by Archie Moses that exclusively bashes and blames Deron for the recent turn of events. SHOCKING!

this is all speculation. dwill is fine in my book as is sloan. how many times during a season and off season did malone and sloan get into it and sloan never left. I can't imagine that dwill is more intimidating than malone.

That's way to rational and logical, guy. Burn the witch. We don't care she floats or sinks. Just burn her.

To be clear, I don't think Deron had a particular role in this. Lobbying to watch film more, play Fes more, and emphasize transition more are all suggestions that everyone was into, so how Deron turns into the villain for being the captain and expressing it is puzzling to me.

Let's embrace the future, whether it's better or not.

To be clear, I don't think Deron had a particular role in this. Lobbying to watch film more, play Fes more, and emphasize transition more are all suggestions that everyone was into, so how Deron turns into the villain for being the captain and expressing it is puzzling to me.

Let's embrace the future, whether it's better or not.

What about Williams leadership skills and attitudes having way too much in common with McCants? Cause you know, that worked out real well for him.