What's new

Official Derren Wiliams is a Bitch Thread

Who's side are you on?

• DWill's

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • Sloan's

Votes: 32 61.5%

• Total voters
Wonder what the other player's reaction would be if a fight broke out? It could actually turn into an all out brawl given the team's frustration level.

Deron's guaranteed posse:
Sap
CJ

Sloan's guaranteed posse:
Raja Bell
Phil Johnson
Harpring (if around)

Other notable reactions:
Fez: Stands around dough faced
Hayward: Cries for mommy
Evans: Unfortunately snapped in two bloody halves trying to break it up
Jefferson: Delivers some push shoves to both trying to break it up
AK: Plans a vacation while it's happening.
Fixed.

Wonder what the other player's reaction would be if a fight broke out? It could actually turn into an all out brawl given the team's frustration level.

Sap
CJ

Raja Bell
Phil Johnson
Harpring (if around)

Other notable reactions:
AK: Bolts for Russia

Throw in some Tela Tequilla and you've got yourself a quality PPV.

And ****, sure Deron has his faults, but dude's a warrior. More than anyone else on the team, he hates to lose. Not someone we should all be trying to push out of Utah.

To the degree that Deron is to "blame" here, I think it results from his incredible desire to win. He has that desire more than any other Jazz player I can remember. Stock and Malone were great, but they were willing to fit into the system. Deron, on the other hand, is not going to quietly sit and watch. I think you have to respect that. He had the cajones to call out the problems, many of which are commonly talked about here by many posters.

Maybe I'm just emotional right now, but if Deron pushed Sloan out then he's dead to me.

Same thing for me being extremely emotional and about Deron, heck even if AK had something to do with this since those two are 2 out of 3 of my favorite current Jazz players beside Memo.

Last edited:
I think Sloan summed it up best when he said, "I'm not a young guy anymore and don't have the energy levels I used to have". Sloan use to have the energy to deal with the **** that a HC needs to deal with. I think he is just old and tired and realizes that it's not worth the hassle anymore. I don't think D-Will has been any worse than any other player on the Jazz has ever been or that Sloan has dealt with in the past. Sloan is just done and is smart enough to move on.

Pretty much agree with this outta all of them.
I do think DWill has an attitude, and Im sure they clashed. But Dwills attitude is part of what makes him so good. 10 years ago, Sloan would have dealt with him and made it work. He just didnt have it in him anymore. The fact that he dint have it in him to take the hassles of everyday NBA life means it IS a good time to leave. I love Sloan and have always defended him, but whatever the reason, if he, himself steps down, then it IS the right time.

Also, I am NOT bashing DWill for this. Yes, I do think he acts like a petulant child sometimes, but whatever. He is the best thing the Jazz have going. Sloan stepped down for a myriad of reasons. Sad day for the Jazz, but at the same time, a time to look forward with new vigor and hope. Good luck to Ty, lets get this thing turned around.

If you were smart as you think you are, you would KNOW from the body language of MANY of the Jazz players that Sloan had lost the team. Sloan was to old and stubborn to listen to his player who only wanted to win.

One Jazz source told me, "Ninety-nine percent of the team loves Sloan. He didn't lose the team."

I don't know if you know that. Maybe he did. Maybe he didn't.

Sap
CJ

Raja Bell
Phil Johnson
Harpring (if around)

Other notable reactions:
AK: Bolts for Russia

Got this one wrong. He is one tough kid. All the rest fits.

Perhaps jerry simply fell on the sword in hopes that DWill will stay in utah.

seems the case to me. sloan knew he didn't have much of a future with the jazz because of his age, i also think he knew the jazz wouldn't have much of a future without williams.

One of the dumbest threads I've ever read on Jazzfanz, and there have been some really dumb threads. Everyone knew it was past time for Sloan to retire. He stayed longer than he should have, and held this franchise back in the process. I fully support Deron Williams, and anyone who boos him is an idiot.

Also it was beyond obvious that the players on this team had quit on Sloan. Just look at how they've played recently, and all the losses. The writing was on the wall all season.

I'm haunted by the fact that this happened mid-season. . . that HUGE FACT seems to be lost in this thread. To me, this is VERY UNLIKE Sloan and his philosophy. If he had stepped down at the end of the season and reports had surfaced that he had had conflicts with players, then I'd be slightly irked. But.... this sudden!?!?!?

This is a terrible end, and I think it is very reasonable to be suspicious of any player that fed into this dynamic. We are now OFFICIALLY a team with major chemistry issues, and speculation about that chemistry will just feedback into the current poor conditions.

It is conceivable that even if Deron wasn't a major force in Sloan's frustrations the very speculation that he was will be enough to alter the mood of this team.

I appreciate the complexity that some posters are bringing into this situation, but let's not white-wash the fact that sturdiest coach in sporting history just stepped the **** down in the middle of a ****ing season. wow.

bumped and repped.