What's new

Official Derren Wiliams is a Bitch Thread

Who's side are you on?

• DWill's

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • Sloan's

Votes: 32 61.5%

• Total voters
To think Deron could make coach Sloan quit is to **** on everything Jerry stood for.

Please.
That's the ironic thing about those "going to bat" for Sloan on this. They apparently picture Sloan as some pouty prima donna who couldn't deal with adversity or confrontation. Really? Y'all dishonor the man with this characterization.

That's the ironic thing about those "going to bat" for Sloan on this. They apparently picture Sloan as some pouty prima donna who couldn't deal with adversity or confrontation. Really? Y'all dishonor the man with this characterization.

Or management wouldn't have his back like they've had in years past (Larry Miller era) and he didn't know how to deal with it any more. He's pretty old too, but he'd still fight ya.

The crazy thing about this thread is I'd bet Jerry and Deron will have or have had a very nice conversation. These aren't kids in a sandbox. I have no doubt they have great respect for one another as people. They'll wish each other the best, sincerely mean it, and move on.

I'm not mad at either side. It was time for a change. Jerry Sloan's offense just doesn't cater to star guards.. it's true. I've been feeling like the Jazz have been predictable for a long time now and beating them was all an easy script to write and execute.

Deron's just hardheaded. He knows what he wants and he wants to win badly. When there's one guy that's pissed, frustrated and willing to do anything to win, and the other is sitting back on the bench watching it all happen, it's easy to side with the guy that has a long future ahead of him, a ton of talent and a ton of drive to win.

And don't get me wrong - Sloan is a good coach. He's rigid, he's strict and he gets results out of lesser players. But it's just a different league now. I personally don't feel that Sloan's system caters very well to star wing players, and also to this generation's players.

So with that said, thank you Sloan for holding this team and market together. We wouldn't be where we are nowadays without you - we'd probably be the Minnesota Jazz. This team needed that then, but it seems to me that we need something different now. And the change was inevitable. So thanks, and have a good one.

Deron, let's go. You better play your damn guts out now that it seems like you got what you wanted.

I'm not mad at either side. It was time for a change. Jerry Sloan's offense just doesn't cater to star guards.. it's true. I've been feeling like the Jazz have been predictable for a long time now and beating them was all an easy script to write and execute.

Deron's just hardheaded. He knows what he wants and he wants to win badly. When there's one guy that's pissed, frustrated and willing to do anything to win, and the other is sitting back on the bench watching it all happen, it's easy to side with the guy that has a long future ahead of him, a ton of talent and a ton of drive to win.

And don't get me wrong - Sloan is a good coach. He's rigid, he's strict and he gets results out of lesser players. But it's just a different league now. I personally don't feel that Sloan's system caters very well to star wing players, and also to this generation's players.

So with that said, thank you Sloan for holding this team and market together. We wouldn't be where we are nowadays without you - we'd probably be the Minnesota Jazz. This team needed that then, but it seems to me that we need something different now. And the change was inevitable. So thanks, and have a good one.

Deron, let's go. You better play your damn guts out now that it seems like you got what you wanted.

iawtp

Dead on. Spot on. Well said.

To be clear, I don't think Deron had a particular role in this. Lobbying to watch film more, play Fes more, and emphasize transition more are all suggestions that everyone was into, so how Deron turns into the villain for being the captain and expressing it is puzzling to me.

Let's embrace the future, whether it's better or not.

Right on. That is my take as well, Sloan was just to darn old and stubborn to listen to his best players suggestions on how to make the Jazz better. Enough with the D'Will hate on here.

You realize some of my posts were being sarcastic, right? I haven't come a "absolute" conclusion on what happened. However, I do feel and have seen DWill's attitude and I have an opinion on that. If the stuff is true, it's really sad to me. This is a discussion board, guy. When stuff is saying Sloan and DWill almost threw, you bet your bottom buck I'm going to have an opinion on it, cause it's fun.

If you were smart as you think you are, you would KNOW from the body language of MANY of the Jazz players that Sloan had lost the team. Sloan was to old and stubborn to listen to his player who only wanted to win.

I don't think you've read the thread, guy. But to make it simple, I agree with both points of views in some ways.

What you think seems to be pretty far from reality, and this is no exception.

You agreed with a post claiming that there is nobody to blame after making a thread with the sole purpose of blaming someone. Those two things are at odds, guy.

Deron Williams is easy to replace.

Jerry Sloan is irreplaceable.

The end.

Are you f'n kidding me? One thing is perfectly clear and absolutely non debatable--you don't win in the NBA without superstars. God himself could be your coach and you still wouldn't win without superstars.

If Deron is not on this team, the Jazz are a sub-500 team and completely irrelevant. He has absolutely carried the team this year. The Jazz's problem is that it only has a single superstar. Neither Milsap or Jefferson are in this category; both are good players, but not at the elite level to take the team to the promised land.

Hypothetically, if it came down to Deron or Sloan, only a fool, or someone blinded by loyalty, would take Sloan. Without Deron, this team is the Utah version of the Milwaukee Bucks, Charlotte Bobcats, New Jersey Nets, Golden State Warriors, or every other non-factor team out there lacking legit superstars. If in fact Deron's guilty of what he's been accused of; yeah, it disappoints me, but damned if I don't want him out there leading the team, even if it means Corbin on the bench instead of Sloan.

More so than any other sport, the NBA is star-driven. Coaches do matter, but in the end, talent is what really matters most, and the teams that have the most talent win. It really is almost that simple.

Wonder what the other player's reaction would be if a fight broke out? It could actually turn into an all out brawl given the team's frustration level.

Deron's guaranteed posse:
Sap
CJ

Sloan's guaranteed posse:
Raja Bell
Phil Johnson
Harpring (if around)

Other notable reactions:
Fez: Stands around dough faced
Hayward: Cries for mommy
Evans: Unfortunately snapped in two bloody halves trying to break it up
Jefferson: Delivers some push shoves to both trying to break it up