What's new

Official Derrick Favors Thread

I just realized who Favors reminds me of, physically: Roy Tarpley. Now, if he can develop Tarp's game, and avoid Tarp's demons, the Jazz have a steal. Tarpley was the one power forward who I thought regularly kicked Karl Malone's *** back in the day. If Favors gets anywhere near that comparison, I'll giggle in the closet.

The great thing is that we now have two Power Forwards that can also play Center. This is how we will eventually beat the Lakers in the playoffs. Jefferson matches up well against Gasol and Favors matches up well against Bynum. We no longer are at a size and length disadvantage. Personally, I think that this may be the trade that finally gives us the tools to be able to compete for the NBA Title. I also agree about Millsap. He either will have to become the starting Small Forward (as AK ages), or go back to anchoring the bench as the back up Power Forward. I personally think that Paul is eventually going to become our starting SF, but that is just me.

The Lakers may not be our concern in a few years once Kobe's gone or wheelchair-bound. OKC, to name just one team, should be our primary concern as we're at least a couple years out anyway. Can we get a legit, long 3 who's a stud defender, ala Batum (who by the way I said to draft a couple years ago), to defend Durant? A freakishly athletic one to guard Westbrook? And so on and so on.

D Smoove! Guy is a beast on the boards. He used a push shot tonight, though. If he learns that from Jefferson and uses it half as much then I'm going to pull my hair out.

I love seeing what Favors has to offer...the kid is a beast that loves dunking the ball. Love him.

It hasn't taken many games but I'm a huge fan of the kid. You just have the feeling that he can polish his offensive game, and when that happens he will be a force in this league.

I just realized who Favors reminds me of, physically: Roy Tarpley. Now, if he can develop Tarp's game, and avoid Tarp's demons, the Jazz have a steal. Tarpley was the one power forward who I thought regularly kicked Karl Malone's *** back in the day. If Favors gets anywhere near that comparison, I'll giggle in the closet.

That is actually a great comparison. And very true if he could become what Tarpley was headed to we will have someone special indeed. I do think though that Favors is more athletic than Tarpley was. Could be better.