What's new

Official Fire Snyder / DL Thread

Ryan Smith has been quiet so far
Does he need to say or do something soon?
He did some thank you on Twitter... he’s not mark cuban... he’s not gonna come out and blast anyone or say something emotional. We will get his feelings this offseason when he either makes changes or things stay the same.

I think we won a playoff game a few years ago without Rudy. He got hurt or ejected or something early and we won.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
Yeah but that's when we actually had the "long 3D wings with rebounding ability" in Haywood. And after he left, we never found his replacement or even bother trying

Last edited:
Ersan can’t move. Niang is not that at all. Brantley got zero burn this year so who knows ( can blame Quin a bit there).

Ty has like 12 guys that have been regular starters at some point on his bench... all with varying skill sets... means he can adjust and adapt... we have small guards, non skilled centers, and good shooters who do really nothing else. All offseason I yelled at the wall saying we needed some “do ****” players. Guys that do something other than just shoot. Bruce Brown is a prime example. He’s the type of guy that helps fill the cracks where you need to so that you can be flexible. Instead we got Matt Thomas.
Minutes are earned, not gifted. Brantley didn't do anything impressive in his limited garbage minutes to convince Quin that he deserves more PT. Mann did.

Guess how many scrubs actually proved Quin wrong after they left and went to another team?

Zero.

Guys like Mann/Quickley/Maxey just gave their coaches the feeling that they belong in this league the minute they stepped onto the floor. And guys like Oni/Morgan/Brantley never give us that feeling.

Maybe in three years they will get there like Niang. But it's just not worth the precious time for a team that's trying to compete now. Especially considering there are plenty of guys available out there who are ready to play for you from day one. Like I said before, prospects whose ceiling are just somebody else’s floor.

It's complete utter ******** that Quin won't be fired. Who the **** cares if we are a #1 seed during the regular season when we suck in the playoffs.

We might have been the weakest #1 seed ever. Even the #1 seed Atlanta Hawks back awhile ago would have beaten us.

If the Jazz fire Quin which they wont I think he would land a new job in about 5 mins. DL is going to take the fall. I think the most interesting part of the off season will be what direction Ownership decides to take. Gail always let DL do his thing but we have a more hands on ownership now I believe.

Minutes are earned, not gifted. Brantley didn't do anything impressive in his limited garbage minutes to convince Quin that he deserves more PT. Mann did.

Guess how many scrubs actually proved Quin wrong after they left and went to another team?

Zero.

Guys like Mann/Quickley/Maxey just gave their coaches the feeling that they belong in this league the minute they stepped onto the floor. And guys like Oni/Morgan/Brantley never give us that feeling.

Maybe in three years they will get there like Niang. But it's just not worth the precious time for a team that's trying to compete now. Especially considering there are plenty of guys available out there who are ready to play for you from day one. Like I said before, prospects whose ceiling are just somebody else’s floor.
Yep, replace these dudes with vet min deals, buy some second round picks and roll the dice again, or try to find a gem undrafted free agent.

There’s no reason whatsover not to do a complete purge of the back half of the roster just to see if we find SOMETHING good. Worst case scenario is we roll the dice and miss completely again, and we’re left exactly where we are now — getting absolutely nothing from roster spots 9 through 15. We can do this without giving up any assets.

Yep, replace these dudes with vet min deals, buy some second round picks and roll the dice again, or try to find a gem undrafted free agent.

There’s no reason whatsover not to do a complete purge of the back half of the roster just to see if we find SOMETHING good. Worst case scenario is we roll the dice and miss completely again, and we’re left exactly where we are now — getting absolutely nothing from roster spots 9 through 15. We can do this without giving up any assets.
It's ridiculous for a guy like Niang to have stuck around for as long as he has and still giving us nothing in playoffs. What a waste of time for Quin and his development staff.

And Royce won't get more than 20min a night on a competitive team either. He's nothing more than an end of bench and only reason he's playing the minutes he has is because our own end of bench guys suck balls.