What's new

Official milsap the 2012 starting sf

Fishsticks

Banned
His premiter game and handles looked pretty solid. I want to keep the guy but favors is the future and it is not fair to let milsap sit on the bench. He needs to work of sf skills in the summer.

the word OFFICIAL should be banned form jazzfanz.............................please for the love of god...........................................................................................................make it happen.

His premiter game and handles looked pretty solid. I want to keep the guy but favors is the future and it is not fair to let milsap sit on the bench. He needs to work of sf skills in the summer.

I've been saying that for a while now. I want this depth chart:

PG: Devin Harris, Earl Watson, Ronnie Price
SG: C.J. Miles, Lottery Pick (sorry Raja, you're gone after this season), Ronnie Price
SF: Paul Millsap, Gordon Hayward, Jeremy Evans
PF: Derrick Favors, Andrei Kirilenko (re-signed to smaller contract), Jeremy Evans
C: Al Jefferson, Lottery Pick (no more Fesenko, please), ?

You don't know that. He has never been given the opportunity. It's not like he wouldn't have defense behind him or anything (Jefferson and Favors).

Relying on those guys for help every time a talented 3 is going against Paul is going to really weaken the defense. I think it is best that Paul goes to the bench or is traded. Paul had an incredible night tonight, but I just don't think he can play the 3 adequately. I also don't think a Paul and AJ starting lineup can get it done consistently.

It's either they run around him (at the 3) or they go through him (at the 4). His defense isn't going to win you a championship. No matter who he was playing tonight, the guy scored. Trade him! He will have great value this offseason. You build a champion around defense. You can't afford to be overmatched everynight when him and Jefferson are on the floor.

It's either they run around him (at the 3) or they go through him (at the 4). His defense isn't going to win you a championship. No matter who he was playing tonight, the guy scored. Trade him! He will have great value this offseason. You build a champion around defense. You can't afford to be overmatched everynight when him and Jefferson are on the floor.

My exact feelings unfortunately.

You don't start Millsap at the 3. You hope that he can, based on matchups, play somewhere between 6-8 minutes a night there. Hopefully he can close games there. Hopefully he's willing to come off the bench.

lots of hopes.

Lastly, I hate how nearly everybody is in favor of trading Paul and keeping Al.

He obviously has the offensive game but covering most SFs would be too challenging laterally for him, as well as tire him out. You also take him away from the basket where he gives you 8 rebounds, 1 block, and 1 steal a game. All those would be halved as a SF.

You don't start Millsap at the 3. You hope that he can, based on matchups, play somewhere between 6-8 minutes a night there. Hopefully he can close games there. Hopefully he's willing to come off the bench.

lots of hopes.

Lastly, I hate how nearly everybody is in favor of trading Paul and keeping Al.

What do you want to do with him? If Favors can get some sort of an offensive game going, his productivity on the floor with surpass Milsap. Favors defense is way better than Sap. With defense, the team as a whole doesn't need to score as much and Jefferson can become the undoubtedly go to guy for the paint.

Yeah, what GVC said. Millsap blows Jefferson away in offensive efficiency and is a better defender despite being undersized. Al also makes nearly double what Millsap makes.
You dangle both Jefferson and Millsap, but you don't trade Sap unless you are blown away with a great wing. With Favors and a possible draft pick as a true center, Millsap's size faults could be hidden.

TS%
Millsap: 57.8
Jefferson: 53.5 (same as his Minny days)

The good news is that he has value. Someone will bite on a trade to move up and get Barnes/Irving, or to get a good vet wing.