What's new

OFFICIAL Postseason race thread *Sticky*

I don't think they can contain a healthy Westbrook and Durant, but how amazing would it be to go on a run and get to the 6th seed and then upset OKC? That would be a hell of a fun series - win or lose.
Yep. But especially win. :)

It's weird but I'd rather play the Warriors and the Thunder over the Spurs. Spurs can shut down everything the Jazz like to do.

Blazers lost!!! Big loss as the Jazz take the 8th seed! Moving back up!!!!

Suns and Pelicans also lost.

Lakers and Rockets won. At this point I am all about damaging the Lakers draft pick. Wolves and Suns are right on their heels.

Tonight's games:

Clippers @ Magic
Kings @ Nets
Grizzlies @ Knicks
Bulls @ Nuggets
Bucks @ Jazz
Spurs @ Mavs

Ideal scenario is a Jazz win with a Mavs, Grizzlies and Kings loss. Nuggets and Clippers losses are side prizes. Spurs @ Mavs looks very promising. We can make up another huge game on the sliding 6th place Mavs. Jazz have performed better over the last 10 than the Rockets and Mavs. Grizzlies and Blazers have been surging along with Utah. We need them both to cool off.

My ideal scenario would place Utah 4 1/2 behind Memphis, 2 behind Dallas, 1 1/2 behind Houston and 1 ahead of Portland.

Go nets, Knicks, spurs, and jazz!

OK, it's probably about time to sticky this thread. I find myself looking for it more and more. :)

Rockets v. Blazers tomorrow. . . guess we gotta cheer for the Rox in this one
I'm cheering for the blazers.
I think we are definitely better than the blazers so I'm not too worried about them. I want the 5, 6, and 7 seeds to lose every game.

Got my sights set higher than the 8th seed anyways

I'm cheering for the blazers.
I think we are definitely better than the blazers so I'm not too worried about them. I want the 5, 6, and 7 seeds to lose every game.

Got my sights set higher than the 8th seed anyways

Jazz could be at .500 going into the AS break. Come out strong after the break and they have a great shot at higher than 8th seed (and getting you some money).

Rockets v. Blazers tomorrow. . . guess we gotta cheer for the Rox in this one

I will never cheer for Houston! NEVER!! Scum FO, players, org and fans. Also Blazers are over achieving so I think they are the lesser threat to the 5th Seed Bandwagon Express!

I don't think they can contain a healthy Westbrook and Durant, but how amazing would it be to go on a run and get to the 6th seed and then upset OKC? That would be a hell of a fun series - win or lose.

.... and if we also have Teague? I reckon we'll give OKC a run for their money!!!!

I will never cheer for Houston! NEVER!! Scum FO, players, org and fans. Also Blazers are over achieving so I think they are the lesser threat to the 5th Seed Bandwagon Express!

I'd cheer for Houston over LA (if the Lakers were any good). And I'd have to take the Rockets over OKC, just because of my Kanter hatred. But yes, I agree with you on Portland being a lesser threat. I think both teams will hover around .500 and the Jazz can be better than that.

I'd say I think we should be far from counting the 8th seed wrapped up. We still have no idea how good this team is. We've won 4 home games in a row against generally very bad competition. I am bullish on the team moving forward, for sure, but like, to say we're gunning for the 6th seed... let's get to .500 first at least, eh? We're one bad loss from a major setback.

I'd say I think we should be far from counting the 8th seed wrapped up. We still have no idea how good this team is. We've won 4 home games in a row against generally very bad competition. I am bullish on the team moving forward, for sure, but like, to say we're gunning for the 6th seed... let's get to .500 first at least, eh? We're one bad loss from a major setback.

So are the Rockets, Mavs, Blazers and Kings. We, and those 4 other teams, are also one good night way from a big step forward.

I want the team to get one game at a time, to stay focused. But the goal is higher than that 8th seed. That is simply a benchmark along the way.

Kings lost to Brooklyn. Have now dropped 6 of 7. Stick a fork in them; they're done. But will be fun to watch what Boogie does.
Dallas down 62-26 at the half, How is that even possible? Could it be some kind of record?

Kings lost to Brooklyn. Have now dropped 6 of 7. Stick a fork in them; they're done. But will be fun to watch what Boogie does.
Dallas down 62-26 at the half, How is that even possible? Could it be some kind of record?

in dallas lol wow

So last night was pretty good for the Jazz, again.

Jazz won!! Kings and Mavs lost!!

Nuggets, Clippers, Spurs and Grizzlies won.

Aside from the Grizzlies win not bad at all! Jazz are 1 game ahead of Portland, 1 1/2 behind Houston and 2 behind Dallas. Closing that gap!!

Tonight's games:

Blazers @ Rockets (win win but I want the Rockets to lose, hard).
Pelicans @ Cavs
Mavs @ Grizz ( win win)
Bulls @ Wolves
Lakers @ Spurs
Jazz @ Suns (Go Jazz!!!)
Thunder @ Warriors (whatever as far as standings but go Warriors! Make Kanter cry!!)

Some big games tonight. 12 of 15 western teams play tonight. And the 4 most relevant to the Jazz play each other. If the Jazz win they will improve v. 2 and keep pace against to.