What's new

OFFICIAL Postseason race thread *Sticky*

I'd say I think we should be far from counting the 8th seed wrapped up. We still have no idea how good this team is. We've won 4 home games in a row against generally very bad competition. I am bullish on the team moving forward, for sure, but like, to say we're gunning for the 6th seed... let's get to .500 first at least, eh? We're one bad loss from a major setback.
#TheReturn
Doe

So last night was pretty good for the Jazz, again.

Jazz won!! Kings and Mavs lost!!

Nuggets, Clippers, Spurs and Grizzlies won.

Aside from the Grizzlies win not bad at all! Jazz are 1 game ahead of Portland, 1 1/2 behind Houston and 2 behind Dallas. Closing that gap!!

Tonight's games:

Blazers @ Rockets (win win but I want the Rockets to lose, hard).
Pelicans @ Cavs
Mavs @ Grizz ( win win)
Bulls @ Wolves
Lakers @ Spurs
Jazz @ Suns (Go Jazz!!!)
Thunder @ Warriors (whatever as far as standings but go Warriors! Make Kanter cry!!)

Some big games tonight. 12 of 15 western teams play tonight. And the 4 most relevant to the Jazz play each other. If the Jazz win they will improve v. 2 and keep pace against to.
I rooting for grizzlies over mavs.
I'm not greedy. I think we go for that 6th seed. 5th seed is probably asking too much after all the injuries.

Would be awesome to get the 5th but I can't see it happening

Blazers up by 20+ on Houston in the 4th! Yes.

Jazz need to win and the Grizz/Mavs game is a win win.

Lmfao. Harden has more points than the rest of the rockets combined. Hahaha. Take away him and Howard and the rockets have 11 points.

Losers

Lmfao. Harden has more points than the rest of the rockets combined. Hahaha. Take away him and Howard and the rockets have 11 points.

Losers

That's incredible. That team has got to get altered sooner than later.

Losers

He also had 10 TOs...

After 50 games last year, the Jazz were an awful 17-33. That's an eight game swing minus Favors, Gobert, Burks and Exum for significant parts of the season so far. That's nuts. Had they all stayed healthy, it would be interesting to see what their record would have been up to this point. At least Lyles, Withey and Neto have all gotten some serious burn this year. That will help a ton moving forward once Burks and Exum are back (and they add Teague at the deadline.)

After 50 games last year, the Jazz were an awful 17-33. That's an eight game swing minus Favors, Gobert, Burks and Exum for significant parts of the season so far. That's nuts. Had they all stayed healthy, it would be interesting to see what their record would have been up to this point. At least Lyles, Withey and Neto have all gotten some serious burn this year. That will help a ton moving forward once Burks and Exum are back (and they add Teague at the deadline.)

Hard to say - maybe 4-5 games better (without Exum)? Perhaps sitting at 30-20 right now. But I don't think we can expect the same great record after the break as Utah had last year. Jazz aren't going to sneak up on anyone. And they still have some serious offensive problems, These 6 wins haven't exactly come against the better teams of the league. But the Jazz won them. That's the first step: win against the teams you SHOULD. Next steps are 1) road wins against the lesser teams and 2) home wins against at least half of the better teams.

Experience for Lyles and Withey sure is going to help us for sure down the road. May be this is the silver lining?

It could be worth it for the extra experience for may be only 2-3 more wins. May be that's paying off right now with Lyles and Neto playing well in this 6 game stretch?!?!

So last night was a pretty good night for the Jazz. 6(!!!) in a row! Hot damn!! Choo Choo!!

Blazers, Mavs, Wolves, Spurs and Warriors won.

Suns, Lakers, Thunder, Grizzlies and Rockets lost. The Grizzlies and Rockets losses are big! Jazz are now 1/2 out of 7th, 2 out of 6th and 4 1/2 out of 5th! Good night.

Tonight's games:

Nuggets @ Knicks
Kings @ Celtics
Clippers @ Heat

Edit: take a look at the tank rankings. Suns and Wolves are catching the Lakers. I'd be thrilled with both of them passed the Lakers.

OP updated.

Last edited:

Jazz have to go 17-15 from here on out to get there. I have faith. Would have been nice if they could have won some of those close games during the stretch when injuries were really messing the team up, but I still think that they'll get there. If they want the 5th or 6th seed, they're going to have to.

I think we can stop considering the Kings any sort of a threat to our 8th seed. They are imploding.

Yup. Kings lost today big.

Sent from my cellular mobile using JazzFanz mobile app and SMS text message relay via the Google