What's new

Official Rubio Support thread

I’ve been fine with him since he cut out the WTF turnovers. Revisionist history on my part but I should have given him some time. We play so much different than what he is used to.

The shooting is a bonus... he’s now to the point where I see him spot up and I feel pretty good about him shooting it... then the last two games he went straight Rick Curry with the shot.

He seems like a tremendous person and teammate.
Rick Curry, the one-armed minister. He was a baller? Who knew?

Hate to be the "intangibles" guy, but I've heard people in the organization talk about how Rubio really brings the energy, enthusiasm, focus, and fire. He's leading in important ways and making an impact in ways that his shooting percentages aren't showing.

Yeah I can buy in to some of this. I think he also can have a calming effect on the game with his experience at times. There are definitely some aspects that he brings to the table outside of the numbers. One would assume that Exum could develop more of those with more time being a starter, but for now if we are focusing on the current season I think Ricky brings quite a bit more than Exum that doesn't show up statistically.

As many have said, his style of play and demeanour just make him so, so much fun to root for.

I very much am the sort of fan who'd rather win with a likeable squad than win with ppl that I deep down kinda resent. Ricky is just someone you root for. So is Derrick, so is Dante, so is Crowder. So is Rudy, so is Sefalosha, so is Udoh. So is Neto, so is Jerebko, so is Royce-- hell, even Burks too.

Most likeable Jazz team of my lifetime. Enjoy this season everyone-- who knows what next year will bring.

As many have said, his style of play and demeanour just make him so, so much fun to root for.

I very much am the sort of fan who'd rather win with a likeable squad than win with ppl that I deep down kinda resent. Ricky is just someone you root for. So is Derrick, so is Dante, so is Crowder. So is Rudy, so is Sefalosha, so is Udoh. So is Neto, so is Jerebko, so is Royce-- hell, even Burks too.

Most likeable Jazz team of my lifetime. Enjoy this season everyone-- who knows what next year will bring.
No mention of Donovan or Jingles?

Mods, get this bro a one-way ticket to #BanTower.

Sent from my SM-G930P using JazzFanz mobile app

It would be great if Rubio continued to play well, stayed with the Jazz and recruited other Spanish players. I know he has lost a few steps but Pao would be a solid pick up if the Jazz needed a veteran presence to get over a championship jump in a season or 2. Bring in Mirotic as a free agent or bring back Rudy Fernandez to the league. Utah does well with foreign players and Rubio could be the Jazz recruiter into the second best basketball country in the world
Man, the STATE of Utah has an identity crisis LOL. Some call it the city of Utah, and now the country of Utah.
Where's the crow for all those Rubio haters?

Snivel harder Turd face!!

Rubio is awesome. Just needs to get healthy for the playoffs. A bad hamstring will severely reduce his effectiveness if it lingers. Don’t want it like last year where Hill was out a lot at the most critical points in the season.

When trying to predict his future, many people expect Rubio to be gone "because Exum is the future". I'm surprised by that. Let's see: QS wanted Rubio, to the point the organization gave up a 1st rounder to get him. He immediately became the starter. He struggled at first and QS showed patience. When things clicked and we got healthy, we went on a 27-5 run with 3 games to go. Rubio is giving 100% every game on both sides of the court, is proving to be a great character, is shooting 41% from 3 in 2018, and a long etc.

Call me crazy, but there is NO WAY Quin Snyder wants to see Rubio gone when his contract is up.

Rubio didn't play in the second half, but Snyder said he was the key for Utah to start the game.

"I thought he stabilized us at the beginning of the game," Snyder said. "I think his presence on the court was really important. His leadership is one of the reasons we're where we are."

Last edited:
Rubio didn't play in the second half, but Snyder said he was the key for Utah to start the game.

"I thought he stabilized us at the beginning of the game," Snyder said. "I think his presence on the court was really important. His leadership is one of the reasons we're where we are."

I used to think that Rudy was the most focused, on point player that I've seen these last few seasons on the team, then I met Ricky and I'm speechless. The guy gives 100% on every play and every minute he's in. He's been a joy to watch.

Rubio is our future pg nuff said. Exum is our back up.

Sent from my ASUS_X018D using JazzFanz mobile app
Jazz have flexibility. If Utah were to sign a stud SG, you could have DM play PG.

But let's make sure both can be signed before anointing one the starter and the other a backup. I'm pretty confident Jazz will re-sign Exum or match a contract. But eventually something has to give. You can't pay everyone.

When trying to predict his future, many people expect Rubio to be gone "because Exum is the future". I'm surprised by that. Let's see: QS wanted Rubio, to the point the organization gave up a 1st rounder to get him. He immediately became the starter. He struggled at first and QS showed patience. When things clicked and we got healthy, we went on a 27-5 run with 3 games to go. Rubio is giving 100% every game on both sides of the court, is proving to be a great character, is shooting 41% from 3 in 2018, and a long etc.

Call me crazy, but there is NO WAY Quin Snyder wants to see Rubio gone when his contract is up.

If Rubio was Snyder's guy, then yeah, I can see that easily. DL and Quin pretty much are in sync about what the team needs to go. If Quin said "Ru. Bi. OOOOO" then DL probably responded with a thumbs up and a "Bangarang!" This feels different that Rubio's usual post All-Star heat-up. He's literally turned into a Curry clone of sorts.