What's new

Official Rubio Support thread

I don't give a damn about this Rubio / Dante feud, but if you're going to compare both you should use Dante's career numbers, not a 148 minute sample, which is ridiculously small. And for as crappy as Rubio's career .509 TS% is, Dante's at an even crappier .499. So let's be realistic: they're both crappy scorers until proven otherwise, at least for a full season (though Rubio was at near league average efficiency last season, and if he keeps shooting well these last few games, he will be this year too, horrific Nov-Dec streak and all).
Far as I know the only one who is aware of this supposed feud is you. The good news is that Dante and Ricky are two of the many players who are currently thriving on the Utah Jazz. Why that's making people so irritable is a mystery to me.

Not sure if I bashed him. Probably. But man he's been unreal. I pray (like literally, I may actually pray and I've only been to church once in the last seven months and was never even baptized so that's sayin' something) he stays most of the summer in Utah, gets some rest and doesn't do the int'l crap, practices with the guys, and improves his craft a little more. Layups and three point shooting and just plain old chemistry with the guys. If he does that and we can have this Rubio all of next year, and we can have this Exum or dare I say it an even better one for an entire year, maybe Sef back, and one solid 15 minute a night addition via the draft or FA, **** man, we could be a 55 win team next year.

I don't give a damn about this Rubio / Dante feud, but if you're going to compare both you should use Dante's career numbers, not a 148 minute sample, which is ridiculously small. And for as crappy as Rubio's career .509 TS% is, Dante's at an even crappier .499. So let's be realistic: they're both crappy scorers until proven otherwise, at least for a full season (though Rubio was at near league average efficiency last season, and if he keeps shooting well these last few games, he will be this year too, horrific Nov-Dec streak and all).

I'm not trying to compare them either, outside of trying to make a point. I'm just letting you know what people are excited about Dante's start to his comeback for a good reason. I think that's why people would be or are getting hyped about his play along with those other things I mentioned. It could fall of a cliff or get much worse very easily, certainly. I don't think Rubio was near league average efficiency last year or this year since he's slightly worse. I could be wrong but I thought league average was somewhere closer to .550+ in TS%.

But again my issue was more with the idea of bringing up Exum like people are just freaking out about nothing with him. People are liking it because of how good he has been in a small role, small sample etc. I just thought it was an unfair shot taken so I called it out. I was honestly just coming in here to get hyped about Ricky playing so well before I saw that.

It would be great if Rubio continued to play well, stayed with the Jazz and recruited other Spanish players. I know he has lost a few steps but Pao would be a solid pick up if the Jazz needed a veteran presence to get over a championship jump in a season or 2. Bring in Mirotic as a free agent or bring back Rudy Fernandez to the league. Utah does well with foreign players and Rubio could be the Jazz recruiter into the second best basketball country in the world

Far as I know the only one who is aware of this supposed feud is you. The good news is that Dante and Ricky are two of the many players who are currently thriving on the Utah Jazz. Why that's making people so irritable is a mystery to me.

You said it yourself: "why that's making people so irritable". The feud is not between them, but there's been some animosity with comments about how Dante is more praised than Ricky, just like there were some Dante fans that even before the start of the season didn't seem too fond of Ricky, maybe because they're both competing for minutes.

Sure, it's not a big deal and no one's going crazy about it, but it shouldn't even be a small issue. Enjoy the fact that both are on the rise and that despite its shortcomings the team is looking great going into the playoffs and next season.

I'm not trying to compare them either, outside of trying to make a point. I'm just letting you know what people are excited about Dante's start to his comeback for a good reason. I think that's why people would be or are getting hyped about his play along with those other things I mentioned. It could fall of a cliff or get much worse very easily, certainly. I don't think Rubio was near league average efficiency last year or this year since he's slightly worse. I could be wrong but I thought league average was somewhere closer to .550+ in TS%.

But again my issue was more with the idea of bringing up Exum like people are just freaking out about nothing with him. People are liking it because of how good he has been in a small role, small sample etc. I just thought it was an unfair shot taken so I called it out. I was honestly just coming in here to get hyped about Ricky playing so well before I saw that.

We pretty much agree on everything. I just wanted to point out that you can't take many conclussions from Exum's small sample size this season (and unlike others, I don't care about his SL numbers, because SL is rarely indicative of anything due to the much lesser talent level).

As for the average TS%, that's right, it's usually about .550 the past few years. But Ricky's .539 last season is not that far off, that can literally change with 2-3 games. And he's now at .533, so he could very well end up right around there if he keeps it up these last few games.

You said it yourself: "why that's making people so irritable". The feud is not between them, but there's been some animosity with comments about how Dante is more praised than Ricky, just like there were some Dante fans that even before the start of the season didn't seem too fond of Ricky, maybe because they're both competing for minutes.

Sure, it's not a big deal and no one's going crazy about it, but it shouldn't even be a small issue. Enjoy the fact that both are on the rise and that despite its shortcomings the team is looking great going into the playoffs and next season.
A feud between two people who are not involved in the feud? I guess you define that word a lot differently than I do.

Where's the crow for all those Rubio haters?
I already ate mine awhile ago. Thought he wouldn’t be able to play with Gobert and Favors because of his subpar shooting and felt like the Jazz should be playing Donovan at PG more early on. I couldn’t be happier to be wrong about that. He’s been a revelation since the win streak began back in January. Good dude, hard worker, team leader and genuinely fun player to root for. Glad he’s playing at an all star level lately. Hope he can get back from the hamstring thing soon and they’re just being cautious with him.

Where's the crow for all those Rubio haters?

You are way late with this. Rubio has been ballin for a long long time and the haters have already eaten crow (myself included) a while ago.

I feel the team should hold Rubio out for at least the next game, and possible the rest of the season. Hamstrings can linger forever and shouldn't be messed with. Go with the doctor's recommendation obviously, but time to play it safe if there's a question.
If he is cleared to play, then I think he should suit up, but Quin should leave him on the bench unless needed. The last 3 games are very important and we may need Ricky to win.

If he is cleared to play, then I think he should suit up, but Quin should leave him on the bench unless needed. The last 3 games are very important and we may need Ricky to win.

I can agree, except if he's feeling 100%, then he should start. If he's cleared and good to play spot, then yeah, let him rest a bit. It's better to have him healthy in the long run.

I can agree, except if he's feeling 100%, then he should start. If he's cleared and good to play spot, then yeah, let him rest a bit. It's better to have him healthy in the long run.
Need him for the playoffs. Key thing is to clinch a playoff spot. . . after that, they can rest him as much as needed to get ready for Round 1.

I don't know man his TS% is still .533 for the season while Dante is currently at a cozy .630. (obviously small sample size etc etc) One of those is elite and one is well below league average. His advanced stats do not look great. He has played pretty damn well recently, but overall I don't think it's time to crown him or call out some Dante Bias. What Dante has been producing (bad game last night imo) has been pretty crazy, and he is also still a raw product with an elite athletic profile who needs tons of development.

Let's just be realistic. The situations are completely different.

Hate to be the "intangibles" guy, but I've heard people in the organization talk about how Rubio really brings the energy, enthusiasm, focus, and fire. He's leading in important ways and making an impact in ways that his shooting percentages aren't showing.

Hate to be the "intangibles" guy, but I've heard people in the organization talk about how Rubio really brings the energy, enthusiasm, focus, and fire. He's leading in important ways and making an impact in ways that his shooting percentages aren't showing.

I’ve been fine with him since he cut out the WTF turnovers. Revisionist history on my part but I should have given him some time. We play so much different than what he is used to.

The shooting is a bonus... he’s now to the point where I see him spot up and I feel pretty good about him shooting it... then the last two games he went straight Rick Curry with the shot.

He seems like a tremendous person and teammate.