What's new

Official UofU homer thread

We've played LSU and only lost by 2, which is a bigger accomplishment than beating any of the trash Utah has played thus far.

Utah's OOC is way more respectable than Piss St.'s.

Utah: 3 games Michigan, Utah St, Fresno st.(Big 10,MWC,MWC)

Piss St: 4 Games Southern Piss, Northwestern St, Troy, Louisiana Tech.(C-USA, Southland, Sun Belt, C-USA)

Add in Kentucky and Piss St. has no less than 5 games handed to them on a platter, every year. We saw what a 10 win Piss St. team was truly worth in the Orange Bowl last year. (Hint:The answer is piss, they were worth piss.)

PS piss

Did I ever say anyone in the SEC has hard OOC games?

Usually about 2-3 teams might schedule an OOC game that is respectable, like A&M decimating Arizona State, just so the other conferences remember why we are the best. Other than that, we don't need to play anyone else because everyone within the conference is so good, at least in the SEC West.

Usually about 2-3 teams might schedule an OOC game that is respectable, like A&M decimating Arizona State, just so the other conferences remember why we are the best. Other than that, we don't need to play anyone else because everyone within the conference is so good, at least in the SEC West.

Is that why the SEC west went 2-5 in their bowl games last year? The only teams to win their bowls were the sixth and seventh place teams in the division.

If the sec is so dominant, then why does everyone say the PAC 12 south is the best division in collegefb this year?

Haven't been overly excited with what I've seen from Utah thus far. I wish I was as optimistic as Green. That being said, I picked Utah to win @ Oregon in the offseason and I see enough problems with Oregon that I guess the notion of a Utah win this week is at least plausible.

Oregon's D has given up some disturbing numbers, even against their cupcakes. The back-up QB does not look to be like much of a running threat which helps Utah, and if Vernon Adams plays, he's doing so with a broken finger on his throwing hand. All of those things bode well for Utah. Once again, it's gonna come down to whether or not Utah can difuse their speed because Oregon certainly isn't going to out-physical them.

Living in the past again. We talking this year.

That's what y'all said last year. It's the SEC that is living in the past. The SEC was dominant. It ain't anymore. I'm looking forward to this weekend, looks you'll be goin on another hiatus.

Damnit Cy go start a Miss St thread or an SEC thread and post this crap in there and the first person that posts Ute stuff or non related stuff will be the first person besides yourself that posts in the PoS thread and should be banned.

Unless you're talking about Dan Mullen or Brian Johnson keep and how they elevated your PoS school higher than they have ever been in school history, keep your trolling to your own worthless side of the country (SEC).

Damnit Cy go start a Miss St thread or an SEC thread and post this crap in there and the first person that posts Ute stuff or non related stuff will be the first person besides yourself that posts in the PoS thread and should be banned.

Unless you're talking about Dan Mullen or Brian Johnson keep and how they elevated your PoS school higher than they have ever been in school history, keep your trolling to your own worthless side of the country (SEC).

You realize I'm not the person who brought Miss St. up in this thread when the argument started?

Part of what makes me so optimistic is how Utah has man handled every team they've played. They've led almost the entire season. They haven't had a game where it felt like they could lose. Wilson is top 10 in the country in QBR (efficient and makes plays when it's needed). Utah has no weakness right now.

Oregon's defense is feast or famine. Adams has made big plays but has big TO's as well. Their running game has been very vanilla.

I'm excited for this weekend. Maybe Utah loses. But it should a tight, fun game. Much better than watching us dominate the first three teams we've played. Can't wait for Saturday night.

I think our offense looks really good. 38 points. Booker and Wilson have very good games.

Part of what makes me so optimistic is how Utah has man handled every team they've played. They've led almost the entire season. They haven't had a game where it felt like they could lose. Wilson is top 10 in the country in QBR (efficient and makes plays when it's needed). Utah has no weakness right now.

Oregon's defense is feast or famine. Adams has made big plays but has big TO's as well. Their running game has been very vanilla.

I'm excited for this weekend. Maybe Utah loses. But it should a tight, fun game. Much better than watching us dominate the first three teams we've played. Can't wait for Saturday night.

I think our offense looks really good. 38 points. Booker and Wilson have very good games.

Utah very well may have one of the worst WR units in P5 football. Aside from Scott and an injured Tim Patrick, almost none have starting experience and there doesn't seem to be 1 guy on the roster that can stretch the field. To say Utah has no weaknesses is blind homerism.

Utah very well may have one of the worst WR units in P5 football. Aside from Scott and an injured Tim Patrick, almost none have starting experience and there doesn't seem to be 1 guy on the roster that can stretch the field. To say Utah has no weaknesses is blind homerism.

USC has bad line play. Stanford lacks experience. UCLA has a freshman QB. Oregon has no defense.

This is football. No team is perfect. This is what I meant with no weaknesses:

Our offense is efficient and doesn't turn the ball over. Not a weakness.

Our defense is top notch. Not a weakness.

All phases of special teams or elite. Not a weakness.

We don't have a weakness. We aren't elite everywhere, but we aren't terrible anywhere.

I'll still disagree with that definition. I haven't felt nearly as good about our offense. Granted, I do feel much better when Travis is in there but regardless of who the QB has been, Booker's YPC is too low, our passing game pretty much consists of swing passes, our yards per game is simply not good enough, and maybe the most troubling thing: We have yet to see this offense move the ball and score with any sort of regularity. Looking back on each week so far, you can only pick out 2, maybe 3 really good drives per game.

Look, it was pretty much the same thing last year during a 9 win season but these things can just as easily come back and bite us in the *** and all of a sudden, we're a 6 or 7 win team. If the Utes want to have a special season, they have to make big improvements on offense. Period.

I'll still disagree with that definition. I haven't felt nearly as good about our offense. Granted, I do feel much better when Travis is in there but regardless of who the QB has been, Booker's YPC is too low, our passing game pretty much consists of swing passes, our yards per game is simply not good enough, and maybe the most troubling thing: We have yet to see this offense move the ball and score with any sort of regularity. Looking back on each week so far, you can only pick out 2, maybe 3 really good drives per game.

Look, it was pretty much the same thing last year during a 9 win season but these things can just as easily come back and bite us in the *** and all of a sudden, we're a 6 or 7 win team. If the Utes want to have a special season, they have to make big improvements on offense. Period.

I disagree that we are seeing the same offense as last year. I haven't looked it up but I'm sure that if you compare last year with this one you'll see that our yards per drive are up and our first down conversions are up. Last year we had a ton of 3 and outs. This year we have been able to at least move the chains and keep our D off the field.

I would also add that I think we are going to see a full playbook vs Oregon. I think whitt has been holding some stuff back especially since Wilson went down. There was no need for him to show his hand vs Fresno. I would like to see improvement. I think we already have and will continue to see more.

I disagree that we are seeing the same offense as last year. I haven't looked it up but I'm sure that if you compare last year with this one you'll see that our yards per drive are up and our first down conversions are up. Last year we had a ton of 3 and outs. This year we have been able to at least move the chains and keep our D off the field.

I would also add that I think we are going to see a full playbook vs Oregon. I think whitt has been holding some stuff back especially since Wilson went down. There was no need for him to show his hand vs Fresno. I would like to see improvement. I think we already have and will continue to see more.
Compare this year vs the first three games from last year, not the whole season.

I remember green taking about Wilson being the best qb in the nation early last year before they started conference play.

The schedule is getting more difficult starting this week