What's new

Official UofU homer thread

Man, I really don't watch a lot of football, especially college football, but figured this would be a game to check out. I'm having a good time.

Go Utes!

Doesn't hurt that one of the guys I work with went to Oregon. On Friday I joked with him about how it was gonna be when Utah beat his team and he just laughed and said "That's never going to happen. Impossible." No jinxing, but I'd say it's somewhere in the realm of possibility at this point.

Utes dominating.
I even thought the refs missed like three pass interference calls on oregon too.
Perfect execution of the gameplan
Wilson looks as good as I have ever seen.
Kenneth Scott stepped up big time.
Booker is Booker.

That qb that started for oregon sucks

I was reading the comments on the Oregon Ducks facebook page earlier. Everybody was predicting Oregon to score 40+.

Was gonna comment but thought, "Nah, they'll find out for themselves tonight".

red+Utes+4.JPG

From a BYU alumnus, congrats to Utah. They are clearly the best team in the state and likely will be for a long, long time. BYU shot itself in the foot by being greedy and breaking away from the conference to go independent. Sure, they don't have to share bowl revenue anymore, but 100% of a small pie is much, much smaller than a moderate portion of ALL the pies the major conferences get.

Birth of a fan...

I've often said I don't really follow football because I don't have a team. I think I'm going to follow my father's example. His teams were Chicago (Because of Jim McMahon) and the 49ers (because of Steve Young) and Denver (because they were the closest). I've had a hard time following football because so many teams and so many players I didn't know anything about. I'm gonna follow this Utah team and watch the NFL careers of some of their players.

Before I get called out for being some kind of fake... My father was a Jazz fan, because he was a fan of local sports teams. He rooted for BYU any time they didn't play the Utes. He always rooted for the Utes. I wasn't into baskeball, but when I was 12 my parents bought a used car from LHM and got two sets of tickets. My dad took my mom to the warriors game and took me to the bulls game. It was '92. The first year of the Delta (ESA) Center. It was Stockton & Malone vs Jordan Pippen. The game went 3ots, Jordan got ejected and the Jazz won the game. I was hooked on the Jazz.

Tonight, I have become a U of U football fan. I don't take this **** lightly.

Is this for me? My b-day isn't until tomorrow, but I accept offerings starting 24 ours in advance. This year I asked God for a Ute blow out or a cougar blow out, and His graciousness blessed me with both. I must be living right both on and off the forum.

Them Ute fans are optimistic. All week I have been hearing claims that you will probably win. Oregon is better at every position. I will be shocked if this game is within 14. Last year every thing went Utahs way early and it was still an easy Oregon win and this one's a home game. Ducks are a little down this year but not to Utahs level. Utah is not as good as MSU who barely beat Oregon in a game that everything went wrong for them.

Sent from my HTC0P4E1 using Tapatalk

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahazhahahahahahahahahahah

Lol at PAC-12 teams always running up the score so they can feel like a good conference.

Running up the score? If you've got a touchdown possibility are you supposed to take knee?

I don't follow football, please inform?

Fun game to watch. Not a bad way for a guy to get his **** wet.