What's new

Official UofU homer thread

He plays Oregon and at Oregon State the next two. I need to get him to about 1,650 yards with four games left vs tougher comp.

I'm confused about why the Utes threw the ball so much. They were getting chunk yards in the running game in the 1st half the defense couldn't stop it yet they kept letting Troy Williams throw away drives. Williams is worse than Travis Wilson at this point. He's scared to throw into coverage and can't hit or find guys running down the field uncovered. He stares down one receiver then gives up and starts running or panics in the pocket.

I'm confused about why the Utes threw the ball so much. They were getting chunk yards in the running game in the 1st half the defense couldn't stop it yet they kept letting Troy Williams throw away drives. Williams is worse than Travis Wilson at this point. He's scared to throw into coverage and can't hit or find guys running down the field uncovered. He stares down one receiver then gives up and starts running or panics in the pocket.
Exactly. Stanford's run defense has been bad this year and we were running well. This is on the coaches. But i feel like this game would have been different with Huntley. Williams had a terrible game and we still only lost by 3 points. Williams decision making that game was horrible. I remember one play he had room to run instead he tries to make a miraculous pass on a well covered receiver. That drive ends up in a punt when we should have got at least a field goal. Huntley get healthy please i dont think i can watch williams qb this team anymore. Think id rather see cooper bateman or shelley.

Cheer up ute fans. At least you aren't watching the worst team of your lifetime.

Thank god the jazz are back

Ya, that sucked.

I wasn't at the game (had to sell my tickets) but I hear that people were screaming at Troy to throw the ball to open guys and he just didn't see them.
Something was stopping him going through his progressions. Carrington was wide open a number of times downfield and he didn't even look his way.
Part of that might have been the O-Line caving, but part of it also may have been that Troy never stepped up in the pocket, he stepped out and was running sooner than he needed to be.
Bummer.

Thank you, for as bad as Troy played, the snap on the FG and the coaches decision not to go with what was working (the running game) cost the U the game more than anything. I mean I know year after year fans complained about running too much but no rational fan should complain when it is working as well as it was during that game. Heck even as good as the D played I thought Scalley should've learned to stop blitzing on 3rd down, even in 3rd and long, because it didn't work, unless you count almost every big play Stanford had was on 3rd and long as the U's D blitzed as working.

Really Stanford played cleaner, coached smarter and came away with the win. That's how the U have won against "better" or more talented teams in the past and this time they turned the tables around. Troy Taylor is a relatively new OC so I will chalk some of this up to learning on the job/experience.

So, how soundly will we beat USC Saturday? :D
Is huntley back?
That's a tough one. Usc is ranked around 15 or so iir . Is it in utah or cali?

Is huntley back?
That's a tough one. Usc is ranked around 15 or so iir . Is it in utah or cali?

It's @ USC where Utah hasn't won since 1916 (I believe that's what I heard) however Stanford was 0-2 versus Utah since joining the PAC12 so uhmmmmmmmmm yeah.

My heart tells me there's always a chance as the U always plays USC tough and then my brain tells my heart to keep pumping because it's about to get broken.

It's @ USC where Utah hasn't won since 1916 (I believe that's what I heard) however Stanford was 0-2 versus Utah since joining the PAC12 so uhmmmmmmmmm yeah.

My heart tells me there's always a chance as the U always plays USC tough and then my brain tells my heart to keep pumping because it's about to get broken.
Is huntley playing though? That's the key to utes chances imo.
I'm very very high on huntley. Best qb I have seen at utah since Alex smith.

Over/Under 17 times that Troy Williams ignores the best receiver in the conference and proceeds to scramble to his right for no reason leading to an incomplete near the sideline?

222.jpg

index.jpg

Wow just checked the score. Utes up 7 at the end of third. That was unexpected.

Wishnewski (?lol) just had a 57 yard punt.

Ute punters are goats lately.

I don't know if I should watch the rest of this game, got a bad feeling about it ending. The first half was fun though

I don't know if I should watch the rest of this game, got a bad feeling about it ending. The first half was fun though
You gotsta watch it imo

Same ****, different game. Troy Williams is hard to watch...I've never seen a QB scramble his way into pressure so often.