What's new

Official Utah Jazz 2021 Championship Boat!!!

Alright, so we could get some dream seeding here if we stay on top and the Clippers lock up the third seed. The question is if the Lakers can grab the 6th seed (doubtful), and, if not, if they win their first play-in game. But an even better fantasy scenario would be the Spurs playing the game of their lives and bumping LA from the play-in after two losses. Then the Spurs would turn right around and get swept by us, kinda like in 2012 when we tried to push into the playoffs only to get swept by the Spurs.

So with Denver’s loss last night, the Clippers are up 1.5 games on them for the 3rd seed. Nuggets have 4 games left, all on the road: @CHA, @MIN, @DET, and @POR. Clippers have all home games left except the Knicks today. The rest are Raptors, Rockets, Hornets, Thunder. Denver, unfortunately, owns the tie-breaker.

I stole this from cougarboard:

Jazz cheering guide for sunday

Jazz over Kings
Clippers over Thunder
Blazers over Nuggets
Mavs over Timberwolves
Grizzlies over Warriors

PLAY IN GAMES

Lakers over Grizzlies
Spurs over Warriors

Spurs/Grizzlies match up with winner facing Jazz

1. Jazz
8. Spurs/Grizzlies winner

4. Nuggets
5. Mavs

3. Clippers
6. Blazers

2. Suns
7. Lakers

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I stole this from cougarboard:

Jazz cheering guide for sunday

Jazz over Kings
Clippers over Thunder
Blazers over Nuggets
Mavs over Timberwolves
Grizzlies over Warriors

PLAY IN GAMES

Lakers over Grizzlies
Spurs over Warriors

Spurs/Grizzlies match up with winner facing Jazz

1. Jazz
8. Spurs/Grizzlies winner

4. Nuggets
5. Mavs

3. Clippers
6. Blazers

2. Suns
7. Lakers

Interesting. I guess I hadn’t been paying enough attention to know the Grizzlies could move into a higher spot with a win over the Warriors. That wouldn’t be bad as the Warriors would have to beat both SA and Memphis to play us.

Incredible that Utah can clinch home court advantage up through the Finals considering the fact that the Eastern conference has an easier strength of schedule. Granted, if the Nets were healthier and not playing the resting game they'd likely have a better record.

Incredible that Utah can clinch home court advantage up through the Finals considering the fact that the Eastern conference has an easier strength of schedule. Granted, if the Nets were healthier and not playing the resting game they'd likely have a better record.
Yep. And honestly there is a path that the jazz could take and become legendary champs.

I mean if they went through the Lakers, clipper, suns, and nets and won it all then that would mean that beat the defending champs and LeBron freaking James, 2 time NBA champ (or is it 3 time?) And 2 time finals MVP kawhi Leonard, the #2 seed and cp3 (or maybe they get the nuggets somehow and beat the reigning league mvp), and then beat possibly the superest of super teams of all time.

That would be epic.

Having said that, **** all that noise. Give me Memphis, then the Mavs, then the blazers or someone and then the heat.

I just want a title. Don't care about the path taken.

The Nets might never be healthier than they have been. An uptick of physical health might well be met with a down tick of mental health—with all that being together which would result from physical health.

Man the lakers have been hurt and struggling for so long that i kinda forgot just how scary they are when they have everyone.
Looking at the box score from their game today and they go like 10-11 good rotation player deep. And then you have lebron and AD at the top end talent. Then you have the refs and the entire nba wanting them to win.
Man i hope we can beat them if we get them in round one. I will admit that im scared though.
Lebron
AD
Schroeder
Drummond
Caldwell-pope
Matthews
Harrell (i love that dude)
kuzma
gasol
caruso
Morris
mclemore

The Nets might never be healthier than they have been. An uptick of physical health might well be met with a down tick of mental health—with all that being together which would result from physical health.
I think the same is True for the Lakers and maybe even the Clippers. People are acting like come playoffs they will be completely different teams than they've been all year and that all injuries will just vanish.

I think the same is True for the Lakers and maybe even the Clippers. People are acting like come playoffs they will be completely different teams than they've been all year and that all injuries will just vanish.
The Nets have three of the most sensitive spoiled brats in the history of sports. So far, they’ve liked the idea of playing together.... and, so far, the whole project is still kinda stuck there at the idea phase.

But the league is tipped in the direction of their offensive skills. Sometimes brats get away with ****.

Man the lakers have been hurt and struggling for so long that i kinda forgot just how scary they are when they have everyone.
Looking at the box score from their game today and they go like 10-11 good rotation player deep. And then you have lebron and AD at the top end talent. Then you have the refs and the entire nba wanting them to win.
Man i hope we can beat them if we get them in round one. I will admit that im scared though.
Lebron
AD
Schroeder
Drummond
Caldwell-pope
Matthews
Harrell (i love that dude)
kuzma
gasol
caruso
Morris
mclemore
Yeah, whenever I am watching them I am like "oh, forgot they also have that dude, oh and how is that other dude suddenly there too". Watched their game today, AD and Lebron both played and even if you could see they are not pushing it they can still do plenty of things effortless and create gravity making others job around easy. I don't want to test them in first round.

There will be more time between games in the play offs so..yes.. the teams will be somewhat different in terms of rest.

Yeah, whenever I am watching them I am like "oh, forgot they also have that dude, oh and how is that other dude suddenly there too". Watched their game today, AD and Lebron both played and even if you could see they are not pushing it they can still do plenty of things effortless and create gravity making others job around easy. I don't want to test them in first round.
yep
on the other hand i have supreme confidence in the jazz as well. I think we are about as deep and talented as anyone.
Looking at the lakers roster vs the jazz i see it something like this (based off what i think might be the 9 man playoff rotations. I dont really know the lakers rotation that well so i might be wrong with them):
Lebron > Donovan
AD > Gobert
Conley > schroeder
bogey > caldwell pope
Joe = Harrell
clarkson > kuzma
Royce = drummond
favors = gasol
niang = markieff
Quin > Vogel.

Looking at that i think we would have a good chance especially with homecourt. The refs would worry me though.

Was i too homerish for the jazz in these comps? Too much credit to the lakers? about right?

yep
on the other hand i have supreme confidence in the jazz as well. I think we are about as deep and talented as anyone.
Looking at the lakers roster vs the jazz i see it something like this (based off what i think might be the 9 man playoff rotations. I dont really know the lakers rotation that well so i might be wrong with them):
Lebron > Donovan
AD > Gobert
Conley > schroeder
bogey > caldwell pope
Joe = Harrell
clarkson > kuzma
Royce = drummond
favors = gasol
niang = markieff
Quin > Vogel.

Looking at that i think we would have a good chance especially with homecourt. The refs would worry me though.

Was i too homerish for the jazz in these comps? Too much credit to the lakers? about right?
I guess you got it more or less right. Lakers can play really hard, physical defense and that's where refs can really help them by swallowing the whistle. Also there is that narrative that they are vulnerable now but maybe they will push and fight in first rounds and reaggravate those health issues and actually be worse later? Hard to predict. Anyway this is a championship boat so still: full steam ahead!

yep
Lebron > Donovan
AD > Gobert
Conley > schroeder
bogey > caldwell pope
Joe = Harrell
clarkson > kuzma
Royce = drummond
favors = gasol
niang = markieff
Quin > Vogel.

Nah, you got it wrong
Jingles>>>>>Lebron

LeBron may have just tweaked the same ankle that kept him out of 22 games this season. He left to the locker room. Tried to walk it off.

LeBron may have just tweaked the same ankle that kept him out of 22 games this season. He left to the locker room. Tried to walk it off.
That’s one dude I will never write off no matter how slow or hobbled he might look. If we get them his *** will find a way to look like an mvp. We may have to face him but I’d rather wait for a round or two.