What's new

Official Utah Utes Football 2012 Thread

well... that drive sucked. 3 and out was NOT what they wanted.

Dunno why BJ got away from the pass. That was weird. Up until now BJ had called an amazing game and Hays had been passing well. Why did he get away from passing on 1st down?

why run run pass punt?

Brian Johnson is already 100x better playcaller than Doman. Shovel passes, screens, trick plays, long bombs.... Folks in Provo sorta remember these types of creative plays... It has been a long time... But they do exist. Believe it or not BYU, you can have a playbook of more than 5 plays.

And should when one of those is that horrible option.

Gotta do something other than throw short screens.

As good as BJ was in the first half... He certainly has become Domanized this 2nd half...

Run him out of the pocket or attempt to throw a quick pass vertically.

The mighty Dalastradamus gave them as much power as He could, but to no avail. The Utes sustained their momentum about as well as I would if I slept with Jessica Alba.

That was quite the respectable loss. I take back all of my blowout smack talk. The Utes should be proud of their heart and effort.
I would call this a moral victory.
Nice redemption game after that blowout to ASU.

As good as that playcalling was in the 1st half... It was equally as bad in the second half... Very predictable... Conservative... I wish they could have thrown it a lot more especially down field. Perhaps though, the Oline just couldn't give Hays enough time....

What the hell happened to that Utah defense??? I felt like I was watching Baylor's defense out there or something. They couldn't hold anything USC did to under 10 yards.

It's not even a question anymore. BYU's defense is vastly superior to Utah's. Hell, Utah St. has a better d. Other than Star, Utah has nothing noticeable on the defensive side. Linebackers are slow, Krugers are overrated, and those DB's are constantly being burned. Blechin also has some pathetic hands. He dropped a gimmie INT in the endzone. Turrible just turrible... I thought Utah's recruiting was supposed to improve? I haven't seen it... Last year's d was a lot better...

Well at least it wasn't a gigantic beat down... But it was a beat down nonetheless. And it's not like things are gonna get any easier. A game up in Washington? Yikes. That's about as much of an automatic loss as I can imagine in the Pac-12...

Oh yeah, forgot @ UCLA and @ Oregon St? Utes are staring down a 4 game losing streak... Utes needed this one after USC spotted them 14 points.

Is it time yet for a QB change?

i muchLike this video. bcoz I love to Play rugby,,,every sunday i play this game with my 52 friends...

Jody Genessy ‏@DJJazzyJody
The Utah Jazz will attend tonight's USC-Utah football game at Rice-Eccles Stadium as a team.

"Yo Enes, throw up the dueces!"
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349417540.853562.jpg

"Ok UGLI. You're the ****ing man and my favorite poster on the jazzfanz."

The run defense is what was disappointing but it's still partly the offenses fault for not producing enough and keeping/putting the defense on the field so often. Also Joe Kruger I didn't think was going to play this game (he missed the AZ St. game) but I know I saw him out there as well and neither Kruger did much to stand out. Blechen was very disappointing as well, the U needed him to step up big time to even have a chance in this game and not only did he not step up he made several mistakes.

USC was just the better team, I especially thought Barkley played a nearly flawless game he was on target all night (other then the strip for the U's first TD) and that IMO was the biggest difference. [sourgrapes]Still don't see how USC on scholarship restriction was awarded the RB from Penn St. I understand not penalizing the student athlete but he could have still went to any other school in the nation and just seems like a little loop hole or over site by NCAA IMO [/sourgrapes].

Brian Johnson is already 100x better playcaller than Doman. Shovel passes, screens, trick plays, long bombs.... Folks in Provo sorta remember these types of creative plays... It has been a long time... But they do exist. Believe it or not BYU, you can have a playbook of more than 5 plays.

1. Option left
2. Option right
3. Option to short side of field
4. QB draw
5. Throw an interception

Maybe we should concentrate on winning their first PAC game...

Maybe you should let us do our thing and just focus on getting into a conference for now.

Also, getting into a bigger bowl than the poinsettia would be nice.