What's new

Official Warrior Watch: Draft Pick and Playoff Positioning

The best thing we could do would be to trade Al or Sap in a deal for Eric Bledsoe, drop in the standings and get a difference-maker in the draft.

If I were the Clippers, I might consider a deal based around Millsap/Carroll or Jefferson/Carroll for Bledsoe/Butler + a pick or player to make it work.

Were would a 20 pick put them in the playoffs?
Some of it depends on the records of all the EC teams. Right now, quite a few playoff teams have similar records. It's probably safe to say the pick will be no worse than #25, as SA, OKC, LA Clippers, Miami and New York are all 4+ games ahead of them. But GS could either pass up teams like Memphis, Denver, Chicago and Indiana or get passed up by Brooklyn, Atlanta, Boston, Utah, and Houston. I'd definitely place odds on that pick being in the 21-23 range.

Yeah, well lets win in Sacramento tonight first. We could be within a game of the Ws if we won last night. I'm not sure I mind the Jazz dropping a few spots in the standings, actually.
Doesn't look like it's going to happen.
Best thing for Utah would be to drop out of the playoffs and win one of the top-3 picks. If the reverse happened (GS missing the playoffs and winding up in the top-3, then they'd keep their pick). I hate to root for Utah losses, but the FO needs to make changes, not just be content to hang on to Jefferson and Millsap, believing they will be good enough to lead the Jazz to the playoffs.

The Jazz are a mixed up team right now. The players don't really mesh that well. The coach barely knows what he's doing. Most or all of the starters could be playing elsewhere next year. They need to hit the reset button or this is just going to wear on.

Closet ***********?

I'm trying to figure out what is being censored but watching this Jazz team two nights in a row has literally killed brain cells. No, I haven't been drinking, smoking snorting or injecting anything. Just watching and my brain cells are dying off.

Golden State's next match is against the surging Houston Rockets.

Rockets lead the season series 1-0. They won that game in convincing fashion and look to continue their dominance over the Warriors Tuesday night in Oakland.