What's new

Offseason SG & SF Pursuit

Seriously moderators, can we please squash this repeat 1000 times because we either think we're better than other posters or we're too damned lazy to read for like, what, 1/2 an hour bull ****? Banish these dumbass boneheaded fart chasers already. Or, MAKE ME HONORARY THREAD DELETING MODERATOR for one full week, maybe two, or three...

Look, there's a thread that already says THE EXACT SAME ****ING THING. And, it is very recent... not a week old, not even a few days old, but very ****ing recent: https://jazzfanz.com/showthread.php?4942-Early-look-at-FA-in-2011

I'm now upping the ante. Not only is anyone who starts gabrage getting big interwebs punishment (+maybe BOX), but also anyone who posts in this garbage is getting stalked. Big time, homies. Now Crack a Beer! and get loose for me.

Get over your self this is different then the thread you are talking about. The one you speak of is discussing all possible signings. This thread narrows the discussion to are biggest weakness wing players. Did we need a new thread maby not, that's why we have moderators. If this thread needs to be merged with another they will do it. Don't go crying like some little whiny baby!

Get over your self this is different then the thread you are talking about. The one you speak of is discussing all possible signings. This thread narrows the discussion to are biggest weakness wing players. Did we need a new thread maby not, that's why we have moderators. If this thread needs to be merged with another they will do it. Don't go crying like some little whiny baby!

He is right. This same stuff was hashed and rehashed in that other thread. That other thread focuses mostly on wing players, Afflalo in particular. Yeah sure the mods will decide but it really is the same thing.

I want to rep this post hard but I don't know you enough to tell if "then", "are", and "maby" are of the jazzfanz fabric, or, simple hickpidity. I'm inclined to rep you either way, but would rather know what you mean bee fer givin ya credit, yas knows?

BTW, hickpidity is the dumbest thing I've come up with in at least 1 and a half days, and deserves belt lashings John Paul II style. Gimme the belt and the wood floors bitches.

****EDIT****

That's it I give up I can't take it any more I'm done being a Miles supporter I've stuck by him the last couple years. No more I declare my hate for him.

Just for the record the Cj haters win tonight was the last straw I denounce my Cj love.

Wow I feel a huge burden has been lifted off my shoulders.

I knew there was a reason I LOVE you! No homo. I thoroughly enjoyed your harassment, but couldn't pinpoint why. There was something in your past and I was sure it wouldn't take much digging to turn up gold. Sure enough, I struck some quick nuggets.

So Jazz fans should come to the realization that signing big time players like Granger isn't very probable. Sincerely, I believe the (only) option the Utah Jazz have is to build through the draft and use crafty trade moves (like what we did to get Al) to try build a franchise team. Our only hope should be, to draft and develop our own players as soon as possible, and sign average FAs to compliment them. If we can get collect and develop enough stars via the draft and sign enough role players, we might just be able to compete with teams that have robbed the league via free agency of talent (like Miami).

This is why the development of Favors and the draft picks we gained is detrimental for the success of this franchise. Otherwise, we're going to be in the lottery for a long long time after trading away our only legit franchise player.

I guess you meant critical in place of "detrimental". If so, I agree.

But you have to pay Favors his big contract sometime. That is the perennial problem the Jazz face.Everyone thinks thay hav edone a great job of accumulating picks. Wekk, you have to first get a player who is worth a darn with those picks. And then you need to be able to keep them after their rookie contract is up. Easier said than done.

Unless this CBA brings in some rule changes that gives small market teams some leverage I dont see a championship in the future anytime for the Jazz.Especially with this management that they have who would rather trade away their franchise player because he asked for more help, rather than trying to show him that they can put the required pieces around him. That shows the kind of confidence they have in their own recruiting capabilities.

Afflalo would be a real nice addition to the Jazz. Not sure how we'd get him. Denver surely wants to keep him, and we're not gonna give them Favors or the NJ pick. They might take Millsap, but I doubt it...

We're not getting Granger or Iggy either. Those guys are going to command a LOT of money and surely won't want to play in SLC.

I don't really want either one. IF we could get Granger for Millsap, I'd pull the trigger and I do agree that Utah needs to throw all there Middle Level at Aaron Affalo. He is what Utah is lacking. Nick Young is a scorer aka a CJ Miles in my eyes but Miles is younger. Affalo is a great defender and is an awesome 3 point shooter. He would be a great long term piece at the 2 guard. Harris Affalo Granger Favors Jefferson with a bench of Watson (resigned) Miles, Hayward, AK (resigned 8.5 mill a year for 3 yrs) With our 2 draft picks draft best player avble. Maybe Enes and Barnes. Then at the deadline trade Bell with Memos exprng contract for anything to help us rebuild.

Face it we aren't getting Afflalo Denver won't let him go.

Lets just hope they
Resign JR Smith to like 6 Million a year
Resign Nene for 11-12 a season
Resign Chandler for 10-12 (he wants)
Resign Kenyon Martin for 6-7 A year

And then they don't have enough to sign Affalo! Plus Denver also has Gary Forbes who can play the 2 spot. So it will depend on what direction they want to go. Im sure they could have traded JR at the deadline and opted not to. Maybe Utah should pull a Portland on Denver and Front a toxic offer.

I can easily see a stupid team like Minny, Memphis, or Dallas offering Affalo way too much money.

Players like Affalo are dangerous. Oftentimes they woo a few people with flashes of being really good players. When in fact, they are merely just solid role players. Unfortunately, GMs and owners will pay these role players big time money. See Trevor Ariza, Mo Peterson, Mo Williams, AK47, Hedo, and Tayshaun Price as examples.

Lets just hope they
Resign JR Smith to like 6 Million a year
Resign Nene for 11-12 a season
Resign Chandler for 10-12 (he wants)
Resign Kenyon Martin for 6-7 A year

And then they don't have enough to sign Affalo! Plus Denver also has Gary Forbes who can play the 2 spot. So it will depend on what direction they want to go. Im sure they could have traded JR at the deadline and opted not to. Maybe Utah should pull a Portland on Denver and Front a toxic offer.

It's safe to say Martin and Smith are gone, they will probably match any Affalo offer unless it's ridiculous ($8+ million/year). And we are in worse financial shape than them so won't be the ones able to offer it.

The Jazz can dangle Millsap and a pick and see if they can get anything good at the 2 spot. But mostly likely you expect them to do the usual stuff, sign a bunch of picks, cut their losses from this year and talk about building a team for a championship.

Absolutely. Millsap is a great player and I love him on our team, but he's definitely expendable...especially if it means getting a starting SG in return.

I think Jazz fans need to realize that building a good team here in Utah is going to be different than other places.

Utah is one of the most unique places in the NBA. Small market, dominated by a conservative white community, a limited night club/tourist base, and a religion that preaches heavily sabbath day observance. This doesn't attract many NBA players.

So the Jazz will need to overpay to just retain their own players. This leaves less money available to be able to pursue other FAs.

Combine this with the recent trend of big time players teaming up in big time markets. Things are only going to be harder and harder for franchises like Utah to compete with the LAs, Miamis, and New Yorks of the league.

So Jazz fans should come to the realization that signing big time players like Granger isn't very probable. Sincerely, I believe the (only) option the Utah Jazz have is to build through the draft and use crafty trade moves (like what we did to get Al) to try build a franchise team. Our only hope should be, to draft and develop our own players as soon as possible, and sign average FAs to compliment them. If we can get collect and develop enough stars via the draft and sign enough role players, we might just be able to compete with teams that have robbed the league via free agency of talent (like Miami).

This is why the development of Favors and the draft picks we gained is detrimental for the success of this franchise. Otherwise, we're going to be in the lottery for a long long time after trading away our only legit franchise player.

On point. "You go live in Utahr" is alive and well in 2011. It's a fact that cannot be denied and since most of the people saying the locale is not a big deal are white and probably have no black friends, they don't understand the cultural dynamics of the situation.

Seriously moderators, can we please squash this repeat 1000 times[/url]

Frankie, do us all a favor and please, stop crying. Flag the post and paste the thread you think it should be merged with...Mods should comply.

You'd give up Millsap for Afflalo? Really?

I would. In a millisecond.

I can easily see a stupid team like Minny, Memphis, or Dallas offering Affalo way too much money.

Players like Affalo are dangerous. Oftentimes they woo a few people with flashes of being really good players. When in fact, they are merely just solid role players. Unfortunately, GMs and owners will pay these role players big time money. See Trevor Ariza, Mo Peterson, Mo Williams, AK47, Hedo, and Tayshaun Price as examples.

There's always an inherent risk when human beings are involved.