What's new

Oh Good! A War With Iran!

Also it speaks rather poorly of average voters that they would be more turned off by an occasionally strident poster online than by a serial rapist and apparent imbecile.

Something tells me maybe something else is going on...

So you're not implying that conservatives support for Trump is the fault of liberals (Thriller)?

Because it certainly reads that way.

When everybody who doesn't think a certain thing becomes a misognystic racist Nazi, you tend to rub people the wrong way. Right or wrong, it gives the feel of a personal attack. People tend to care more about that then what the president does or says...human nature.

People don't support Trump as much as they don't like being labeled a Nazi. There is a difference. It really shouldn't be that hard to beat Trump, but yet...here we are.

A not insignificant percentage of people will vote Trump to spite liberals, anything but liberals, just as anybody but Trump will drive voting. Last time, anybody but Clinton drove votes. Every election is a popularity contest, and you can't be loved, or liked, by everyone. And some candidates are downright scary....

When everybody who doesn't think a certain thing becomes a misognystic racist Nazi, you tend to rub people the wrong way. Right or wrong, it gives the feel of a personal attack. People tend to care more about that then what the president does or says...human nature.

People don't support Trump as much as they don't like being labeled a Nazi. There is a difference. It really shouldn't be that hard to beat Trump, but yet...here we are.
And I'm sure you can point to an example of Thriller calling you a Nazi. (not that that's an excuse to vote for Trump BTW)

A not insignificant percentage of people will vote Trump to spite liberals, anything but liberals, just as anybody but Trump will drive voting. Last time, anybody but Clinton drove votes. Every election is a popularity contest, and you can't be loved, or liked, by everyone. And some candidates are downright scary....
I'm sure this is true to an extent. And it's ****ing depressing.

But yet if you call them out for this shallow logic, they attack you for “demeaning” them. It’s really a catch-22 for liberals and anti-trumpers. We’re blamed for everything while the trash who support trump can consistently blame others for their selfish and short-minded voting.

Last edited:
At least we know when war with Iran will begin:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/26/politics/robert-mueller-donald-trump-russia-congress/index.html

July 17 when Mueller testifies to Congress.

Anyway, back to trunp’s Foreign policy. Can anyone point to an actual win? What hasn’t he made worse? The relationship to our allies is worse. North Korea is worse. Saudi Arabia and dictators in Eastern Europe are emboldened. And Russia has gotten a ton of wins. Can anyone give me an actual win in foreign policy under trump?

Furthermore, in 1951, the Truman administration fired Gen MacArthur for constantly undermining their foreign policy by running his mouth. It was like MacArthur, no matter what, wanted a larger and wider war in Asia than just Korea. Truman felt by MacArthur’s loud and public pronouncements, it hindered his administration’s ability to conduct foreign policy.

In a like matter, Trump limits himself. In just the last 24 hrs he’s talked about the “evil government of Iran” and how they’ll be met with “force unlike any other” if they do “anything” to America. How can this be interpreted as anything other than a pronouncement of war?

Yet he’s too stupid to realize it. And now both sides may have to go to war eventually to “save face.”

Or I guess there’s the more frequent occurrence in Trump’s foreign policy, he cracks, agrees to a deal worse than the one he scrapped, and then pronounces he accomplished a deal, and we move onto the next manufactured crisis as 35 percent of the population think he accomplished something while the rest of us know the truth.

New CNN poll...

Why do you support Trump?
The wall -- 2%
Tax cuts -- 5%
Dealmaking -- 0.1%
Because Thriller --92.9%

Too many are supporting the tax cuts. Not enough because of me. We all know calling people out for supporting Great Leader only emboldens them further.

Did you know that Great Leader bowled 300 yesterday? While golfing perfectly? At the same time?

And I'm sure you can point to an example of Thriller calling you a Nazi. (not that that's an excuse to vote for Trump BTW)

I will again direct you to my post where I said that you've developed a nasty habit of deliberately changing what I'm saying.

I don't mind if you don't agree with me, but please don't purposefully change my words.

Reactions: RJF

A man who governs for the 1 percent, for whom the other 99 percent have no logical, economic or moral reason to vote for, is President. And people say the contest of ideas is over and politics is just an exercise in marketing...

I will again direct you to my post where I said that you've developed a nasty habit of deliberately changing what I'm saying.

I don't mind if you don't agree with me, but please don't purposefully change my words.
Man, you literally said "when everyone who disagrees becomes a misogynistic racist Nazi you tend to rub people the wrong way" in reference to a post about Thriller. Own your ****.

Man, you literally said "when everyone who disagrees becomes a misogynistic racist Nazi you tend to rub people the wrong way" in reference to a post about Thriller. Own your ****.

I had to look back through ignored posters to see what you were referring to. Jeez. And the crazies on this site wonder why I put them on ignore?

“Stop changing my words to mean different things than I intended! Oh wait, you’re quoting me? Oh well... uhhh... stop putting my own words into my mouth! Thriller sucks!”

1) I said people like Thriller. Similar to. Do you understand the concept, or do I have to walk you through it?

2) I made no reference towards myself. I never said Thriller, or anybody else called me a Nazi. So yes, you are more than free to quote what I said. As you said, "own your ****." If you can't come up with a proper argument without making things up, then this is rather pointless.

3) I am not defending people liking Trump. I am trying to explain the thought process of people in these situations. There's a categorical difference between those two. Like I said, I do not care if you don't agree. Just don't say that I'm saying **** I didn't.

1) I said people like Thriller. Similar to. Do you understand the concept, or do I have to walk you through it?

2) I made no reference towards myself. I never said Thriller, or anybody else called me a Nazi. So yes, you are more than free to quote what I said. As you said, "own your ****." If you can't come up with a proper argument without making things up, then this is rather pointless.

3) I am not defending people liking Trump. I am trying to explain the thought process of people in these situations. There's a categorical difference between those two. Like I said, I do not care if you don't agree. Just don't say that I'm saying **** I didn't.
The quote you replied to specifically mentioned Thriller, and you said "everyone you disagree with" so are you saying you agree with Thriller then? Or did you not really mean that Thriller and people like him don't actually call everyone they disagree with Nazis? Hmmm.

Maybe word your posts differently if you don't want people making inferences you don't intend them to.

The quote you replied to specifically mentioned Thriller, and you said "everyone you disagree with" so are you saying you agree with Thriller then? Or did you not really mean that Thriller and people like him don't actually call everyone they disagree with Nazis? Hmmm.

Maybe word your posts differently if you don't want people making inferences you don't intend them to.

Huh? The post I responded to said "liberals (Thriller)." So unless Thriller is multiple people, it clearly wasn't *just* him.

I had assumed the "you" that I used was a rather obvious example of the collective you, as it clearly wasn't directly toward you. I apologize if that was misunderstood. When I said "everyone", it was hyperbole meant to make a point, again, I thought rather obvious, but perhaps not.

I'll remember in the future if I ever choose to discuss with you to simplify things further. My apologies.

The point I was trying to make was, and is, simple. It has been made, so I think I'll be finished here. Enjoy your day, there's some beautiful weather today. :)

@Zombie @Red what do you make of this?

I don't know how his mind works. I know she's on his side, but by that look on her face she doesn't know how to really process it either. I'll never get it, that that kind of babble actually makes anyone think, "yeah, this guy is the answer".