What's new

On the record...

I'll go on the record as saying that Conley has a lot left in the tank, he's not cooked. He's going to have a good season this year.
Totally agree with that. Mike is very serious, he has a great healthy life and is far from beeing done. Mark my world, this guy will make big things with us or not.

I am going on the record to say I believe Wembanyama is going to be the next #1 pick to bust. At least not live up to expectations and hype. I just think there are too many flaws in his game and he needs to add a lot of strength to his frame to compete at the next level. His shooting is more that suspect, it just doesn't look that good and his percentages aren't great. I just do not believe he is going to be a generational talent, like many think. He is more likely to bust than to be the next guaranteed franchise player let alone the next Bron-type game-changer.

If we get the #1 pick and select him I will really hope to be wrong in this. And if he proves me wrong no matter what, then good for him, I'll be happy for him. I just don't see it happening.

I am going on the record to say I believe Wembanyama is going to be the next #1 pick to bust. At least not live up to expectations and hype. I just think there are too many flaws in his game and he needs to add a lot of strength to his frame to compete at the next level. His shooting is more that suspect, it just doesn't look that good and his percentages aren't great. I just do not believe he is going to be a generational talent, like many think. He is more likely to bust than to be the next guaranteed franchise player let alone the next Bron-type game-changer.

If we get the #1 pick and select him I will really hope to be wrong in this. And if he proves me wrong no matter what, then good for him, I'll be happy for him. I just don't see it happening.
I think that's mostly fair. It will depend on health imo. My hot take that I am not sure I totally believe is that Scoot ends up being picked #1 cuz teams are scared.

Wemby has size, fluidity, the shot will fall more than it currently does, and seems to be a good passer. Not sure about the best prospect since Lebron stuff. He is almost too unique to assess though. It could be crazy fun or a nightmare as a fan.

I think that's mostly fair. It will depend on health imo. My hot take that I am not sure I totally believe is that Scoot ends up being picked #1 cuz teams are scared.

Wemby has size, fluidity, the shot will fall more than it currently does, and seems to be a good passer. Not sure about the best prospect since Lebron stuff. He is almost too unique to assess though. It could be crazy fun or a nightmare as a fan.
I don't think this happens with Wemby but you never know. Teams may scare themselves off and hide behind health issues, though.

Last edited:
Kings took Tyreke Evans over Steph cuz he made him look like a little boy in a head to head workout.
Nearly impossible to predict those. Look at where Giannis was picked. Or Malone. Or look at how everyone at the Salt Palace booed the Stockton pick when it happened. So much of this is just a crap shoot.

Nearly impossible to predict those. Look at where Giannis was picked. Or Malone. Or look at how everyone at the Salt Palace booed the Stockton pick when it happened. So much of this is just a crap shoot.
I was just pointing out that maybe 1 on 1 isn't the best measure of how a player will perform in a 5 on 5 sport.

If a team was thinking about taking Exum top 5 based on his upside them you saw his scoring package in a 1 v 1?

That's a pretty great indicator because it turns out Exum was completely *** at scoring.

Think it kind of is tho, especially if your are picking near the top.

Is it perfect? No, but it's probably the single best indicator.
Single best indicator? no way. How they have played in actual games is the single best indicator... Dante's case is unique there in that he hadn't played much if any meaningful basketball.

If guys were like sized it would give you an idea of how they will work in isolation on offense and defense, but that is a fraction of the real game.

If a team was thinking about taking Exum top 5 based on his upside them you saw his scoring package in a 1 v 1?

That's a pretty great indicator because it turns out Exum was completely *** at scoring.
For him you'd want to see it... but if he had played college you'd also have a more meaningful sample of his *** scoring.

Single best indicator? no way. How they have played in actual games is the single best indicator... Dante's case is unique there in that he hadn't played much if any meaningful basketball.

If guys were like sized it would give you an idea of how they will work in isolation on offense and defense, but that is a fraction of the real game.
Single best indicator in a gym setting. Of course film is different, but I mean getting a prospect in your gym the single best thing you could do is 1 v 1 to evaluate them. Even better than 5 on 5 imo

Single best indicator in a gym setting. Of course film is different, but I mean getting a prospect in your gym the single best thing you could do is 1 v 1 to evaluate them. Even better than 5 on 5 imo
I mean if you add that huge qualifier then sure. Especially if you have film already.

I mean, you get prospects in your gym for a reason.
Yeah... I'd want to get to know them as well. I just wouldn't let what I see in an open workout totally supersede my assessment of the player. Especially if its one on none type of deal where dudes are just shooting in an empty gym. I also think with the bonkers workout schedule you could get a guy with dead legs and he looks like ****.

Overall I am not sure if these workouts help or hurt draft evaluators.