What's new

One Key to the Season

I think THT will get 25 + minutes and will gradually lose those minutes to George. I think the Jazz brass like the idea of what THT COULD be if he toned down the crazy and could shoot. I think they think it is a better bet that George can bring that before THT becomes that.

THT being an unrestricted free agent tips the scales to George. But if THT kills it, that is a good problem to have as well.
Honestly not sure I see the connection. KG is not likely the pg on this roster this season. Maybe they throw him out there, if he beats out Sexton but I would say that's only going to be a reality in the event Sexton is hurt again.
THT could easily get some run as the back up initiator, but there will always be a score first guard on the court with him be it Sexton or Keyonte, not instead of

I'm glad we actually have young guys to enter the "complain about the young guys minutes" era.
good point
I hate mediocrity , and would much rather see us building something then trying to win a playoff series with no chance of contending.
I think this roster is versatile enough that we might end up being mediocre already though, and they might not gift any minutes to any rooks

I'm glad we actually have young guys to enter the "complain about the young guys minutes" era.
Jazz roster pre-Danny Ainge. . . average age of 28.3 with 8/9 of the Jazz top players that year over the age of 27. Mitchell was 25.

Jazz roster today. . . average age of 24.5 with only three probable key rotational players older than 27 - Dunn (29), Clarkson (31) and KO (32). Every other major player is 27 or younger.

And. . . every single player older than Markkanen is on an expiring contract at the moment.

This list also doesn’t include the 9 players that have been acquired and either traded or cut since DA took over. Bolmaro (23), Vando (24), NAW (25), Beasley (27), Hernangomez (28), House (29), JTA (30), Westbrook (34) and Beverley (35) - (average age of 28.3)

Well Gobert didn’t get any burn till like year 3… different paths for different people

Well Gobert didn’t get any burn till like year 3… different paths for different people
He averaged 26 mpg in his 2nd season.

Gobert's big break happened when Kanter got injured.

I vividly remember this game (Bulls were a very very good team this year) as the game where I flipped the switch from not believing in Gobert at all to oh **** he is the real deal: https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/400578820

I think that was the 3rd or 4th game he started that season. Kanter came back from injury shortly after that and Utah lost a bunch of games and it was super ****ing obvious to anyone with eyeballs how much of a massive difference the team played with Gobert vs Kanter and we traded Kanter a month later.

That was the last season the Jazz were a terrible team and the Jazz havent been bad bad since. Kanter basically the only player from the past 30 years of Jazz basketball to make us complete ***.

*Also why it's hilarious to me posters get labeled as "haters" of certain players just because you arent leading their bandwagon from Day 1. I thought Gobert was *** for the first year and half he was with Utah and then I became a huge fan. Lame as **** how some posters on this site never want to give anyone room for their opinions to evolve/change*

He averaged 26 mpg in his 2nd season.

Gobert's big break happened when Kanter got injured.

I vividly remember this game (Bulls were a very very good team this year) as the game where I flipped the switch from not believing in Gobert at all to oh **** he is the real deal: https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/400578820

I think that was the 3rd or 4th game he started that season. Kanter came back from injury shortly after that and Utah lost a bunch of games and it was super ****ing obvious to anyone with eyeballs how much of a massive difference the team played with Gobert vs Kanter and we traded Kanter a month later.

That was the last season the Jazz were a terrible team and the Jazz havent been bad bad since. Kanter basically the only player from the past 30 years of Jazz basketball to make us complete ***.

*Also why it's hilarious to me posters get labeled as "haters" of certain players just because you arent leading their bandwagon from Day 1. I thought Gobert was *** for the first year and half he was with Utah and then I became a huge fan. Lame as **** how some posters on this site never want to give anyone room for their opinions to evolve/change*
I agree however I would say there is a big gap between "leading their bandwagon from day 1" and constantly being critical of a player or saying they need to be traded or be put in the g-league or rarely being complimentary of a player who is playing well/always pointing out the negatives without pointing out any positives. etc.
I did this with exum. I was a hater from day 1. I was always pointing out his negatives while rarely giving props on his positives. I do the same with KO. I admit it.