What's new

One year and seven days til we sign Deron again!!!

Gyp Rosetti

Banned
NJ loses just as much as last year. He becomes way more disenchanted then he ever was in Utah. Howard goes to the Lakers and NJ loses out on yet another FA. Then, Paul signs in NY thus making Deron's signing in either LA or NY impossible and he looks around and says, ya know what, I actually liked Utah, Jerry was more of the issue than the town, and they've got way more talent than just about anyone else, especially after we land Gilchrist in the draft, though he does consider the Clips too.

Deron-Watson
Hayward-Burks
Gilchrist-Evans
Jefferson-Millsap
Favors-Kanter

<ducking>

So your telling me I should have bought that dwill jersey for 5 bucks at Ross?

If they told him he was being traded rather than having him hear it on ESPN, then maybe he would come back.
When Kidd retires from Dallas, I expect they make a big push for DWill.

If they told him he was being traded rather than having him hear it on ESPN, then maybe he would come back.
When Kidd retires from Dallas, I expect they make a big push for DWill.
Wasn't their fault. The league had not yet approved the trade. KOC plays things by the book just in case a trade is rejected. NJ leaked the trade to the media.

Deron will go to Dallas. Hopefully they'll be on the downswing when he does. I dislike Deron right now almost as much as Lebron. He was a whiny, sullen little punk his last year w/ the Jazz.

deron knew about the trade the day slaon got ifred. it is all a plan to get championship.
the way deorn figured is if he gets traded he could land jazz some picks and players.
so that what happened. knowing jazz got 2 picks(arguably a third, the jazz 12th) and 2 players. deorn finally gets the talents he wanted. so he will come back

deron knew about the trade the day slaon got ifred. it is all a plan to get championship.
the way deorn figured is if he gets traded he could land jazz some picks and players.
so that what happened. knowing jazz got 2 picks(arguably a third, the jazz 12th) and 2 players. deorn finally gets the talents he wanted. so he will come back

I want to believe!!

I would love to get him back. But assuming we can't, I want to see him play with Griffin. That would be the deadliest combo in the NBA.

Could you imagine the response from fans and the media if this was the truth and happened. The Jazz could be close to Lebron status on being hated!

I actually like KEK's line of thinking. In the end, I don't think D-Will comes back, but the biggest irony in the entire D-Will saga is that the only way Utah was able to attain future talent good enough to pacify D-Will was to actually trade D-Will.

With Favors, Kanter and Burks now in the fold (I believe Burks was a product of the D-Will trade because we probably wouldn't have been picking 12 had we kept him), this team's future looks much brighter and probably bright enough for D-Will to stay/come back. The problem in all of this is Dallas. I could see L.A. and NY going in different directions, thus leaving Deron out in the cold. Dallas however, will have Kidd who will be done by then and Cuban will spend any amount of $$$$ to build a team around D-Will. Hell, even if Dirk retired tomorrow Dallas would probably still have the inside track on Deron.

Could we afford him next year?

Yes, with AK, Okur, and Miles off the books the Jazz would be nearly $30 million under the new $64 million "flex" cap. That's why all the clamoring for drafting a PG because we "needed" a PG was garbage. Ton of cap room next year, another good draft pick, and some trading chips in Harris and Millsap or Jefferson (or Tomic) should we decide to use them to upgrade our positions of need.

Yes, with AK, Okur, and Miles off the books the Jazz would be nearly $30 million under the new $64 million "flex" cap. That's why all the clamoring for drafting a PG because we "needed" a PG was garbage. Ton of cap room next year, another good draft pick, and some trading chips in Harris and Millsap or Jefferson (or Tomic) should we decide to use them to upgrade our positions of need.

Where'd you pull the 30 million from?

Shamsports seems to be down, so I have to use HoopsHype who gives Millsap's paid salary and not his salary cap hit, so add about 1.5 million there.

Burks and Kanter add about 5.7 million to 12-13. Don't know the salary added on to the 0-2 draft picks the Jazz have next year. Jazz have to sign some players this coming off season and you don't NOT sign a player to more than one year because of the extremely minute chance to sign Deron Williams.

Even with all that, it's looking like the Jazz currently have 8 guys with contracts for 12-13 at around 41 million. Currently have 11 for next year, with Okur, Miles, and Evans expiring at the end of 11-12.

So even with the wrong numbers posted earlier, Jazz could afford Willams next year.

And shamsports is back up. Currently has 12-13 as having $43M in guaranteed money without Kanter and Burks, so that's $48.7M. The draft picks may end up having the Jazz be unable to afford Williams, as he'd command around $17M his first year of that contract.

So that changes it again to not be able to afford him.