What's new

Oni traded to Thunder

The Jazz never had a full roster, 1 player for 2 was always open.
And the Jazz are not trading Conley this year. He is the best decision maker and best ball handler at the end of close games and the biggest stabilizer in general. You cant replace that with a trade.

I assume Oni went with the team on this road trip. Did he have to fly commercial to get back to SLC or to report to OKC and be waived? It seems like just getting his belongings could have been a pain.

I assume Oni went with the team on this road trip. Did he have to fly commercial to get back to SLC or to report to OKC and be waived? It seems like just getting his belongings could have been a pain.
Ainge had Baileys relocate his belongings after he left and before the trade was official.

It's not like he expects to stay in OKC, so I'm guessing he brought his toothbrush and hopped over (or reported via webex).

It's not like he expects to stay in OKC, so I'm guessing he brought his toothbrush and hopped over (or reported via webex).
I thought that when a trade was made the player had to pass a physical with the new team even if they were just going to waive him. It seems to me the Jazz had to do that with derrick Rose a few years ago.

I thought that when a trade was made the player had to pass a physical with the new team even if they were just going to waive him. It seems to me the Jazz had to do that with derrick Rose a few years ago.
I thought perhaps the physical could be waived by the team, but in any case I don't think he expects to stay longer than a few days.