What's new

Our PF problem

Last fake trade... then I have to do actual work...

We send Favs to Sac, Sac sends WCS to Denver with AA unguaranteed deal, We take Wilson Chandler and Darrell Arthur.

Chandler plays small ball 4 and Arthur backs up PF/C (he can shoot too) if Gordon leaves Chandler is our starting SF.

Would have to happen today... because of AA contract. If Gordon re-sign we re-sign Hill too... if not we roll forward with Exum/Mitchell/Neto.

Last fake trade... then I have to do actual work...

We send Favs to Sac, Sac sends WCS to Denver with AA unguaranteed deal, We take Wilson Chandler and Darrell Arthur.

Chandler plays small ball 4 and Arthur backs up PF/C (he can shoot too) if Gordon leaves Chandler is our starting SF.

Would have to happen today... because of AA contract. If Gordon re-sign we re-sign Hill too... if not we roll forward with Exum/Mitchell/Neto.

Wilson Chandler is a great fit. I've been advocating.....

Sign and Trade Favors for Millsap. Favors gets to go home to the ATL on a reasonable contract for their rebuild. Utah gets Millsap who could play alongside Gobert. I would only give Millsap a three year deal at most though

Sign and Trade Favors for Millsap. Favors gets to go home to the ATL on a reasonable contract for their rebuild. Utah gets Millsap who could play alongside Gobert. I would only give Millsap a three year deal at most though

This is farm team mentality .......trading 25 yr old for 32 yr old.If and it looks like he's healthy again,you play Favors who can easily put up Milsap #'s.He shows the Jazz and league he's healthy and then when his value is up again then decisions can be made.

Who wants to see a healthy dominant Favors to blow up for another team while Jazz sell out their future for short term gains.

Darrell Arthur has 1 more year left on his deal with a player option for 18/19. 7.5 million for reach remaining year.

I guess depending on what Denver does with Plumlee he could be had? It feels like the Nuggets have 5 PFs now.

Diaw for Arthur frees up cap-space for them to sign close to 2 max contracts this off-season.

Darrell Arthur has 1 more year left on his deal with a player option for 18/19. 7.5 million for reach remaining year.

I guess depending on what Denver does with Plumlee he could be had? It feels like the Nuggets have 5 PFs now.

Diaw for Arthur frees up cap-space for them to sign close to 2 max contracts this off-season.

I like him a lot, but would try to get Chandler too if possible... gives us a ton of flexibility. Arthur does some of what we love from Favors and can shoot.

a couple of thoughts....

I don't think the Denver PR office would allow the Nuggets to do another deal that involves the Jazz. They took serious heat over the trade that got the Jazz Rudy, and they are taking heat for the Donovan Mitchell trade.

I know Favors trade stock is low, but I'm not sure it going any higher. If he plays and gets hurt again the list of potential buyers and the asking price both get smaller. Personally I'm not convinced he will ever regain his form. As another poster once said, "Favors is the oldest 25-year old I have ever seen."

I like him a lot, but would try to get Chandler too if possible... gives us a ton of flexibility. Arthur does some of what we love from Favors and can shoot.

Ehh. I'd rather have Ingles and Hill. I dont see the Jazz trading for Chandler and being able to sign Hill/Ingles (or maybe even Ingles). If Chandler had multiple years on his deal it would be different, but I definitely prefer the long-term stability of just signing Ingles to a deal.

Jazz need to consolidate, not diversify. Favors for Arthur and Chandler is the latter.

As of right now, the Jazz have between 0 and 2 PFs on the roster (one is more of a center at this point and the other more of a SF). So while I would normally agree, I can't in this context.

Millsap would be amazing. Think Atlanta has any interest in Burks? They only get Favors if they take Burks...

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

As of right now, the Jazz have between 0 and 2 PFs on the roster (one is more of a center at this point and the other more of a SF). So while I would normally agree, I can't in this context.

This... Arthur is a traditional PF, but can be a stretch 5. Chandler is our starting PF.

We can still fit Hill and Ingles in depending on where they land salary wise (say 19 and 9). But would need to dump Burks.

This assumes we send Favs to Denver in the deal... they consolidate. I don't feel like the value is far off and think Favs gives them something they don't have in their front court.

I count three. Did you forget Bolomboy? Grabbed he is also part center, but should at least also be mentioned.