What's new

Paul Reed signs 3 yr 24mil offer sheet with Jazz

Well at this point I can't really think of any other guys that I would want to sign. Out of all the free agents with some upside I think Darius Bazley would be worth a look for the minimum. He hasn't developed the I was expecting but he has shown some flashes and is still only 23. Oubre's name has been mentioned here but it seems like he should go for more than the room exception.

Well at this point I can't really think of any other guys that I would want to sign. Out of all the free agents with some upside I think Darius Bazley would be worth a look for the minimum. He hasn't developed the I was expecting but he has shown some flashes and is still only 23. Oubre's name has been mentioned here but it seems like he should go for more than the room exception.
Do we really need another body in camp at the moment? I doubt Mr. Reed was the missing piece.

I predict this is part of Danny’s 3D chess related to the Dane trade (not saying we’re getting Dame).

Huge bummer. Was really looking forward to see if this kid could come to Utah and take the next step with more playing time and an HC who’s actually invested in developing young talent.

The contract language was an absolute master stroke by Danny and I have to think that the long, and not very nice history between DA and the 76ers led Philly to cut off their nose to spite their face. In a vacuum, keeping a young talent like Paul in-house is always a smart move but now he’s the 3rd back-up big on that roster and they went from not paying the tax to owing $14 mil in tax for a player that now has a no trade clause for the first year of his deal.

This reeks of Philly choosing to take one in the *** because they didn’t want to deal with the media & fan fallout that would come with losing one of your most promising young talents at the hands of one of the most hated Celtics in Philly history. I mean, disappointment aside, it’s actually funny as hell.

I just saw this on the Twitter Machine: "The 76ers will not be matching the Jazz's three-year, $23M offer sheet for restricted free agent F Paul Reed, per sources. The former G League MVP emerged as the primary backup to reigning NBA MVP Joel Embiid last season, but now heads west to join an up-and-coming Jazz team."
I think your Twitter machine is broken. Needs to go in the shop or something.

We aint touching Wood. The reclamation projects we have taken are not headcases.

Furthermore basically every single vet we got are high-charracter hard worker types. Thats damn good atmosphere for the rookies to grow in.

Lets not f that up.