What's new

PC Gamers Unite!

I feel really good that in the next 10 days I'm getting an RTX 3080.

Positive vibes (along with reports that stock levels will be better than ever during that period).

Any reason you're not waiting to see what AMD's 6000 series looks like?
I think they are released this month.

I just don't want to wait. They announce at the end of October and probably won't release them for a few weeks after that. If I don't have one by then I'll consider it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using JazzFanz mobile app

With the tease during the Ryzen 5000 series announcement I might just be happy enough if I don't score an RTX 3080 before I can get a "Big Navi" I'll probably be okay and might end up preferring the AMD card.

I have an X570 MB right now and will def be upgrading to the Ryzen 5000 series ASAP.

With the tease during the Ryzen 5000 series announcement I might just be happy enough if I don't score an RTX 3080 before I can get a "Big Navi" I'll probably be okay and might end up preferring the AMD card.

I have an X570 MB right now and will def be upgrading to the Ryzen 5000 series ASAP.

As an X570 guy myself, I'm tempted but I think I'll wait for a price drop. My 3600X gives me all I need right now.
But I also have a Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT and I'm a bit tempted to upgrade that soon. When I'm ready I think NVIDIA's cards will be widely available, but I'm happy to wait and see what AMD and their Big Navi lineup comes out with.

I played Civilization VI for a week or so but I must say I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought. I remember spending countless nights playing Civ 3.

Crusader Kings III on the other hand is a freaking black hole.

I played Civilization VI for a week or so but I must say I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought. I remember spending countless nights playing Civ 3.

Crusader Kings III on the other hand is a freaking black hole.
For me it was Civ II that ruined my 20/20 vision ha.

For me it was Civ II that ruined my 20/20 vision ha.
Civ 3 was my entry, probably changed my life. I learned about government systems at the tender age of 12. It was nice running a communist Ghandi, lol.

Welp...

I caved in a way.

No, I didn't pay off a scalper, but I did do the next worst thing. I bought a full system. It has all name brand parts. I'd almost run it as my own PC, but I'm on a different path and more excited about where my current build is going. Meanwhile, my daughter is rocking a 4+ year old build and my loss will be her gain as most of the system minus the RTX 3080 will become her new gaming rig. It has an Intel i9 10850k (in almost every way this is a 10900k), a Z490 Gigabyte Aorus MB, 32G of G.Skill Trident RGB 3200MHz RAM. I'll be harvesting a couple parts for my system since I just made a few upgrades to my daughter's system before buying this. When I get the RTX 3080 she'll also get my GTX 1070, but I'll most likely upgrade her GPU once supply normalizes, but that'll be an RTX 3070 at best.

I'm also queued up to buy a Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 5900x when they launch on Nov. 5th. With that I'll have a pretty awesome system.

Downloading Watch Dogs: LEGION, about 6 more min to go. I have my shiney new RTX 3080 and I'm ready to break it in.

The RTX 3080 is legit. It pumps out the pixels like... well, like a pixel pump. Soooo many pixels. I've got pixels I haven't even used yet.

The RTX 3080 is legit. It pumps out the pixels like... well, like a pixel pump. Soooo many pixels. I've got pixels I haven't even used yet.
I bought my 2080 6 months ago. I don't think it's worth upgrading yet. It would probably be smarter to buy another 2080 in 6 months or so and pair them.

I saw these cool desks here in China that hold the computer components. Basically making it your case. I kinda want one now.

I bought my 2080 6 months ago. I don't think it's worth upgrading yet. It would probably be smarter to buy another 2080 in 6 months or so and pair them.

I saw these cool desks here in China that hold the computer components. Basically making it your case. I kinda want one now.
Truth be told, a single 3080 is at least as good as a dual 2080 setup. These things are fire! But if I did have a 2080 I'd probably be cool with that alone for a year or two. If a second 2080 was in the right price range it would be a no brainer, I'd do that and be happy for a couple more years.

AMD Zen 3 launched today. I was able to "pre-order" a Ryzen 5900X from B&H that is now backordered. I did that around midnight MST. After launch I was able to get a 5600X from newegg, it'll be here tomorrow. My VR system is AMD and my PC is AMD (both have X570 MBs) so I'll put the 5600X in my system for now and when the 5900X gets here I'll shift the 5600X to the VR system and put the 5900X in my PC.

I've been going a little nuts on PC stuff recently. I plan to sell the mounting pile of PC parts I'm accumulating and will start getting stuff listed this weekend.

I've got a 6600k, a 7600k, a Z170 MB, a Z270 MB, a few sets of RAM all 16gb or greater, a few different coolers, an 850W semi-modular PSU and a 750W non-modular PSU and soon to be a ryzen 3600X and 3600XT that I'm not using.

I'm going to list it on KSL and Ebay. Anyone on jazzfanz who is interested PM me, you'll get the special jazzfanz discount.

Serious question.
Has anyone played ARK: Survival Evolved?
If so... have you played it on both console and PC?
And further, if so... what are the advantages/disadvantages to each environment?

For the record, Mrs. Leftyjace and I are thoroughly addicted to this game.

Serious question.
Has anyone played ARK: Survival Evolved?
If so... have you played it on both console and PC?
And further, if so... what are the advantages/disadvantages to each environment?

For the record, Mrs. Leftyjace and I are thoroughly addicted to this game.
I have not, but I am looking for some games to play.

I got a free copy of Watch Dogs: Legion and I'm kind of intent on playing it though, but it's essentially a GTA game without some of the nastier bits. I've also drifted away from World of Warships for the moment after that being my main game for about 3 years now. I'm playing CS:GO Arms Race ATM (I almost never finish out of the top 3 in that game mode and I'd say I win about 40% of the time).

I have my eye on Total War: 3 Kingdoms. I have been a HUGE fan on the Romance of the Three Kingdoms series from KOEI, ROTK III being probably my most played game in my entire life. I hope the Total War take on that historical epoch is satisfying. KOEI has version XIV of the game out now. Not sure which one I should buy.

I've also been a huge fan of the Civilization series but haven't played the latest installment much even though I bought it on launch day. I will probably pick that back up at some point.

I have not, but I am looking for some games to play.

I got a free copy of Watch Dogs: Legion and I'm kind of intent on playing it though, but it's essentially a GTA game without some of the nastier bits. I've also drifted away from World of Warships for the moment after that being my main game for about 3 years now. I'm playing CS:GO Arms Race ATM (I almost never finish out of the top 3 in that game mode and I'd say I win about 40% of the time).

I have my eye on Total War: 3 Kingdoms. I have been a HUGE fan on the Romance of the Three Kingdoms series from KOEI, ROTK III being probably my most played game in my entire life. I hope the Total War take on that historical epoch is satisfying. KOEI has version XIV of the game out now. Not sure which one I should buy.

I've also been a huge fan of the Civilization series but haven't played the latest installment much even though I bought it on launch day. I will probably pick that back up at some point.
I must say I never expected to find a Romance of the Three Kingdoms fan on Jazzfanz. ROTK 11 is my most played one and entry which should tell you how ****ing big a franchise it is.

I will definitely get back to the franchise after some more Crusader Kings 3. Though, I will play Total War version, I can't shake the feeling that it won't feel the same as KOEI games.

Last edited:
I must say I never expected to find a Romance of the Three Kingdoms fan on Jazzfanz. ROTK 11 is my most played one and entry which should tell you how ****ing big a franchise it is.

I will definitely get back to the franchise after some more Crusader Kings 3. Though, I will play Total War version, I can't shake the feeling that it won't feel the same as KOEI games.
I was a teen when I was playing ROTK III and I wasn't a very fast typer. I used to either start as Cao Cao or Liu Bei (eventually I started playing as Liu Bei almost exclusively) and one time when I was on the verge of victory I got out a notebook and wrote down the stats of every general in my command. I asked my sister (who was an extremely fast and accurate typist, she was working for the post office in their remote encoding center where she typed in addresses that popped up on a screen that could not be read by the automated system) to make a database for me so that I could reference it in future games when deciding which generals to recruit or use espionage on.

I was ridiculously into that game. I think I've played it through at least 30 times.

I was a teen when I was playing ROTK III and I wasn't a very fast typer. I used to either start as Cao Cao or Liu Bei (eventually I started playing as Liu Bei almost exclusively) and one time when I was on the verge of victory I got out a notebook and wrote down the stats of every general in my command. I asked my sister (who was an extremely fast and accurate typist, she was working for the post office in their remote encoding center where she typed in addresses that popped up on a screen that could not be read by the automated system) to make a database for me so that I could reference it in future games when deciding which generals to recruit or use espionage on.

I was ridiculously into that game. I think I've played it through at least 30 times.
I got into Romance of the Three Kingdoms through Dynasty Warriors and devoured the wiki on characters as a teen and then read the book so I was familiar with the characters and ROTK 11 was so much more user friendly.

I almost always started as Sun. They don't start big or have too many officers but almost all of them are quality. And I liked the what if version since both Sun Quan and Sun Ce died young.

For non ROTK players, there are hundreds of generals. Hundreds. There's no "procedural" BS in this game. The characters are the same from one playthrough to the next and they are based on historical figures.

ROTK all the way!

Also that kind of note-taking is how I learned English. I played Civ 3 and Diablo 2 with a dictionary in my hand.