What's new

Phoenix Suns watch

Portland is fighting for their playoff lives, gotta think that they will not let fatigue be a factor tonight.

They are more than capable of beating the Suns just like GS did a few days ago.

Portland is fighting for their playoff lives, gotta think that they will not let fatigue be a factor tonight.

They are more than capable of beating the Suns just like GS did a few days ago.
No doubt. Just think about the importance of Blazers-Suns tonight though...

The outcome impacts the Jazz, Suns, Clippers, Mavs, Lakers, and Blazers. A Suns win gives them life for the 1 seed, while giving Lakers life for the 6. A Blazers win ensures Portland of the 5-6 seed, and likely ensures the Lakers of the 7th spot, assuming Dallas doesn't fall apart against Toronto and Minnesota... which is a possibility because the Mavs don't play a lot of defense, and Toronto plays tough in every game and the TWolves of all teams have been playing amazing lately.

The funny thing out of all of this is that if the Suns win, and the Blazers lose again to Denver over the weekend, we are very likely to see a 3-6 matchup of the Clippers vs. Lakers, which would be absolutely hilarious.

Jazz will beat the Thunder tomorrow. Then if they need to, they'll beat the Kings on Sunday.

The Thunder are literally 1-22 in their last 23 games.
The Kings are the same team that the Jazz blew out by 50 points a week ago.

Suns will have played all 3 of their remaining games before the Jazz play the Kings on the west coast. So the Jazz will know if the Suns have picked up an extra loss.

That Kings game might be Udoka's first official start.

Last edited:
Jazz will beat the Thunder tomorrow. Then if they need to, they'll beat the Kings on Sunday.

Suns will have played all 3 of their remaining games before the Jazz play the Kings on the west coast. So the Jazz will know if the Suns have picked up an extra loss.

It would be unbelievable to drop any of our remaining games. But stranger things have happened.

Solid post

It looks like Ayton is questionable for tonight. If Phoenix throws their last three, they could give the Clippers the 2 seed. or even 2 of three if the Clips win 2 of 3. Clips have the tie break. If Clips lose on purpose, they could fall to 4. They have CHA, Houston, and OKC left, so they would need to blatantly tank to not win out.

It looks like Ayton is questionable for tonight. If Phoenix throws their last three, they could give the Clippers the 2 seed. or even 2 of three if the Clips win 2 of 3. Clips have the tie break. If Clips lose on purpose, they could fall to 4. They have CHA, Houston, and OKC left, so they would need to blatantly tank to not win out.

The Suns may rest players simply because some of them need the rest. The Suns may also put themselves in a position to drop to the 3rd seed if the Lakers are locked into the play-in.

I think the Nuggets will maneuver to stay in the 4th seed if they see the Lakers heading for the 6th or 7th seed.

I had a dream last night that my band from high school was going to perform a show. We weren't practicing or anything, and I don't even really remember our songs, but we were apparently just going to go out there in front of everyone and give it a go. The more I've reflected on this today, I'm thinking this is the Jazz scenario playing out in my mind and reflects what my anxiety is if we're really trying to be extra cautious with guys in hopes of a long playoff run, but we could be looking beyond the mark. We need to have a rhythm, and that's important. If the argument is that if we can't beat the Lakers in the first round then we can't beat them in the WCF, well I don't know that's true. Being able to get going, get in motion, and build confidence is huge. Meeting someone in the WCF allows you to get into a groove, knock off a couple teams, and feel that, to some degree, you're proving yourself. You meet the defending champs in the first round and it's still in the back of your head of what everyone is saying that we are a hot regular season team and haven't proved anything. We can pretend that's not an issue, but everyone struggles with doubt. Everyone struggles with imposter syndrome. You get off to a rocky start in the first two games due to any number of variables, not the least among them re-integrating two starters after prolong absences, and those doubts will magnify in your mind. When they magnify, it changes the way you play. You start playing stupid. Yes, we have the first seed. Yes, we've won some big games. But that does not put us beyond having these have the potential to be a real achilles heels for us. We'll see how it plays out, but I think if we continue to sit Mike the last two games if it's really "not a big deal" and we're focused too much on 6 weeks from now, it may create a problem. The same kind of strategy of not using your last bottle of water in the desert when you're starting to become delirious. You can certainly save it for later, and maybe you'll need it later and it will be smart in hindsight, but if there's a possibility of there not being a later, then dying with a full water bottle ends up not being that great.
I agree with this TL;DR wall of text.

Burks had a double double tonight with 30 points and 10 rebounds

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

San Antonio is locked into the ten spot so I can’t imagine they will play anyone their next two games with PHX.
They also have no reason to throw the game either. If Suns sat out Ayton, Booker, and Paul, then put the ball in Crowder's hands, it could be interesting.

We should bring Conley back for the last two games.

No more being cute. The team sans Conley/Mitchell has worked too hard to keep the 1 seed the past couple weeks - we need to close it out.