What's new

Phoenix Suns watch

I mean c'mon, we're playing for the best record in the league and the #1 seed throughout the playoffs. We can't ***** foot our way into the top seed.

This gives us something to play for and to go into the POs with a bit of swagger.
Yeah I'm not torn up about Phoenix winning tonight.

Honestly I'm getting tired of cheering for outside help, and we've already had plenty of it. It's time for the Jazz to finish it themselves.

I watched the end of the Kings v. Grizzlies game tonight. The Kings basically tanked the game in the final minute 2012 Warriors style. First Chimeze Metu shoots a contested 3pt shot for almost no reason. Next offensive possession the Kings get a shot-clock violation. Then on the next defensive possession, they give up a silly and unnecessary foul with the Grizzlies in the bonus. They turned a 2pt deficit into a 6pt deficit in 35 seconds. They made no effort to close that game.

I'm not convinced that the Kings really want to win. I think they want draft position.

Now that said, they might be a bit pissed at us for beating them by 50 pts last time.
I'd be more concerned with the fact that they took a talented Memphis team to the wire.

Honestly I'm getting tired of cheering for outside help, and we've already had plenty of it. It's time for the Jazz to finish it themselves.

The Jazz have a 1-game lead with 2 games to play. That's all you can ask for given the circumstances. The fact that the Jazz have held the #1 seed with Mitchell being out an entire month is pretty remarkable.

Why is anyone getting mad about Phoenix winning tonight? Jokic has already made it clear that he wants to play against the Blazers on Sunday. If the Nuggets can pull it off, Lakers-Clippers becomes round 1 3 vs 6 (assuming the Lakers don't "stealth" tank).

If Utah can't beat the worst OKC team I can remember or Sacramento who hasn't been to the playoffs in a million years, they don't deserve the 1 seed.

Jokic has already made it clear that he wants to play against the Blazers on Sunday.
He has? Do you have a link?

It's so hard for me to imagine Mike Malone going all out in a game where a win gives the Nuggets a chance of playing the Lakers in Round 1.

Why is anyone getting mad about Phoenix winning tonight? Jokic has already made it clear that he wants to play against the Blazers on Sunday. If the Nuggets can pull it off, Lakers-Clippers becomes round 1 3 vs 6 (assuming the Lakers don't "stealth" tank).

If Utah can't beat the worst OKC team I can remember or Sacramento who hasn't been to the playoffs in a million years, they don't deserve the 1 seed.
Yeah, particularly so if the Jazz Brass are playing "cute" with load management and giving scrubs some last minute real game exposure, when able bodies should be in the trenches.

I'd be more concerned with the fact that they took a talented Memphis team to the wire.

Okay, but you can't be the #1 seed if you're afraid of the Sacramento Kings playing without two of their best players.

FWIW, they're competing for draft position against the Pels and the Bulls in a strong draft.

Okay, but you can't be the #1 seed if you're afraid of the Sacramento Kings playing without two of their best players.

FWIW, they're competing for draft position against the Pels and the Bulls in a strong draft.
Yeah, perhaps I worry too much. But we've been beat by worse in the not so distant past. Walton seems like just the kind of guy that would sabotage a draft position if he knew he was being ousted.

Yeah, perhaps I worry too much. But we've been beat by worse in the not so distant past. Walton seems like just the kind of guy that would sabotage a draft position if he knew he was being ousted.

I don't think his roster has the talent to beat the Jazz. This is the team the Jazz just beat by 50 pts.

And if I'm the Kings, I'm not missing out on a lottery prospect I want over a meaningless regular-season game when my team has already been eliminated from the playoffs.

If the players are listed as Out, there's nothing Walton can do about it.

I don't think his roster has the talent to beat the Jazz. This is the team the Jazz just beat by 50 pts.

And if I'm the Kings, I'm not missing out on a lottery prospect I want over a meaningless regular-season game when my team has already been eliminated from the playoffs.
But in all seriousness, we all know it's not lack of talent on the Sac Roster, it's lack of competent coaching.

I do, and losing to the thunder or the kings in their current state would be 100x more embarrassing than those losses were.
Yep and there's going to be a lot of red faced Jazz fans if their best opportunity to finish first in the league and make a Championship run is ripped away from them at the last possible minute when they see Conley and Mitchell in street clothes at the games with zero physical distress. Conley has already stated that his injury is nothing and Mitchell's ankle sprain recovery time has to be some kind of record. If you watched the Phoenix/Portland game on TNT you heard Shaq perfectly straight faced, predict that the Kings beat the Jazz in the last game of the season and the Suns win two against the Spurs.

Yep and there's going to be a lot of red faced Jazz fans if their best opportunity to finish first in the league and make a Championship run is ripped away from them at the last possible minute when they see Conley and Mitchell in street clothes at the games with zero physical distress. Conley has already stated that his injury is nothing and Mitchell's ankle sprain recovery time has to be some kind of record. If you watched the Phoenix/Portland game on TNT you heard Shaq perfectly straight faced, predict that the Kings beat the Jazz in the last game of the season and the Suns win two against the Spurs.
Shaq predicting that we'll lose makes me feel a lot better honestly