What's new

Phoenix Suns watch

The Lakers are not losing to the Warriors. The Lakers will be the 7 seed.

I also hope the Suns lose today or tomorrow so we can just play the young uns against the Kings.

The Lakers are not losing to the Warriors. The Lakers will be the 7 seed.

I also hope the Suns lose today or tomorrow so we can just play the young uns against the Kings.

The Lakers are not losing to the Warriors, but they could lose to the Grizzlies. I hope the Lakers play the Warriors in the first play-in.

Phoenix should rest everyone tomorrow. That would be nice. Let Chris Paul rest up for LeBron.

Spurs are right to rest everyone.

Imagine how many people in PHX would implode if CP or Booker went down with an injury.

OK, I decided that the only thing from here that matters is that we win tomorrow and Memphis beats the Warriors. I actually think that the Lakers would go all out against Memphis in order to avoid an elimination game with the Warriors, and if they DID lose, the Warriors could beat them. After what the Clippers pulled yesterday, I am not sure I fear them as much. Gaming the standings is not what a confident ball club does.

OK, I decided that the only thing from here that matters is that we win tomorrow and Memphis beats the Warriors. I actually think that the Lakers would go all out against Memphis in order to avoid an elimination game with the Warriors, and if they DID lose, the Warriors could beat them. After what the Clippers pulled yesterday, I am not sure I fear them as much. Gaming the standings is not what a confident ball club does.
And yet almost every team does it.

This is going to be the new norm. Teams resting stars large amounts throughout the regular season and tanking to manipulate the seedings at the end of the season.

The play-in helped the bottom half of the bracket teams not do this: Notice how the Mavs/Blazers/Lakers/Hawks/Heat/Knicks are all fighting like hell right now. If the top 2 seeds each got to choose their 1st round opponent, it'd REALLY help solve this problem.

The Clippers sure as hell wouldn't have thrown last night if being the 4 seed meant having the last pick of which of the teams ranked 5-8 they played in Round 1. Denver would've also been incentivized to actually try tomorrow.

This is going to be the new norm. Teams resting stars large amounts throughout the regular season and tanking to manipulate the seedings at the end of the season.

The play-in helped the bottom half of the bracket teams not do this: Notice how the Mavs/Blazers/Lakers/Hawks/Heat/Knicks are all fighting like hell right now. If the top 2 seeds each got to choose their 1st round opponent, it'd REALLY help solve this problem.

The Clippers sure as hell wouldn't have thrown last night if being the 4 seed meant having the last pick of which of the teams ranked 5-8 they played in Round 1. Denver would've also been incentivized to actually try tomorrow.
This has been the norm for a long time.

The Clips v. Thunder game is going to be a real turtle race if the Clippers honestly try to out-tank OKC. I'm looking at the box score from their game with the Rockets yesterday. They started Zubac and pulled him after 3 mins. He never played another minute. Total head-fake. OKC is battling with two other teams for lottery position. They're not going to go down (or up) easily in a tank war.

Jazz want to win and take the #1 seed.
Denver will almost certainly lose to Portland to avoid a 3/6 matchup with the Lakers.

Memphis has a real chance to beat the Lakers in a one-off game. I'd actually prefer it if the Lakers played Golden State in the 1st play-in game.