What's new

Pick a Side: Rudy or Don

Which Player Do You Side With?

• Rudy

• Donovan

• Sick of Both

Results are only viewable after voting.
If I had to decide who has to be traded I would chose Donovan because he is less impactfull and he can get us more return. I would also love to see Rudy surrounded by true athletic two way wings who can play perimeter defense. But I am not getting too excited by all this drama about the personalities, it's just pity that they can't get it together. But who really knows what really happened in the locker room that caused it and how they really reacted? I actually think both Rudy and Don are immature and none has the quality of a leader this team needs.
I think it's possible to completely retool a great team around Gobert, but it would take genius level gm'ing and luck.

I think an trade around Gobert you are lucky to make this team a 6th seed next year.

I don’t give a **** who is down there if Rudy has Poole sealed into the shadow realm you ****ing pass him the ball. It’s the smart basketball play. **** out of here with the he won’t catch it bs. This wasn’t a lob in traffic it was a ****ing seal and he literally could have dunked it backwards if he got the ball.
Agreed. And if he ****s up catching the pass or doesn't convert, it's on Rudy. It's still by far the smart basketball play. It's stunning to consider any other option there.

I wouldn't count on that right now.
They’re going to host the AS game, the NBA isn’t moving it over that bill despite the desire of some of you. The bill is significantly different from the one that got it moved out of NC.

In terms of choosing sides, i'd say i'd be with Rudy, but in terms of team management, i'd say that if forced to choose between one of them - and it really looks likely it at the moment - the right decision for me is to trade both (and all others) and rebuild from the scratch

Keep Mitchell and you take a step or two back, and, even if Rudy return allows you to a not very long road towards being back to the same level we are right now, till then, he already asked out

Keep Gobert and maybe winning percentage overall you could take a smaller hit, but at bare minimum you lose a closer (hardly receiving even a potential one back, even more if he goes on "i wanna be traded to here, here or here, and won't re-sign out of these places) and top playoff performer, taking you further from being an actual contender, and a package around him would come around young players and picks that even if they pan out to be a home run, most likely, the time to them get good enough to lead us, it's Rudy that will have peaked and starting his downfall

They’re going to host the AS game, the NBA isn’t moving it over that bill despite the desire of some of you. The bill is significantly different from the one that got it moved out of NC.
Who is the "you" in that sentence? Why would I care?

Yeah, it's a completely different form of making people feel less than human.

I think Quin and most of the rotation are the ones that need to go, but between the two, I'll say the amount the franchise is being built around of the whims of Mitchell is not commensurate to how good he is, and that greatly concerns me.
I'm also not sure how much better he will become, either. For him to get to the next level, he needs to become a top tier distributor or far more efficient especially in the clutch, I'm becoming skeptical of either happening.
For Mitchell to be untouchable, and to be catered to like he is, he needs to be at an All-NBA level, and he's not. He's a lower level All-Star.

For debate's sake, I'll flip the question: who is more likely to ask for a trade at some point? I'd guess Mitchell.

DM should be the one to go… I wouldn’t be surprised if the Jazz and Ainge were the ones starting the Quinn to LA and SA rumors so it doesn’t seem so strange to fire him. DM won’t be elite if he continues to suck at defense and refusing to be a primary PG.

I think the Jazz ****ed up big time the last few years especially with trading for Conley, I’m not sure they have many options. At least if you trade DM now you have a few years to see if you can pull something off with Gobert, but if not they need to have the balls to pull the trigger on trading him as well. I doubt the Jazz will do either though, they are too ****ing stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I have to side with one it's Rudy, especially after his freeze out yesterday.

That said I wish they could get their acts together, but the relationship is probably too toxic. And I also agree that Quin is largely to blame for the mess the Jazz are in
That freeze out caused me to lose a lot of respect for DM at that moment. Simple pass, easy score, wave him away, then kick it out of bounds. Indicative of the toxic nature of their relationship. Time for DM to go.

Frankly the scoring is easier to replace than the mountain of intangibles Gobert brings, not just the defense and rebounding. You can move Mitchell for a lower-level borderline all-star and fill in with 3&D perimeter guys and we are suddenly a much more dangerous team. if we can finagle this into a Jalen Brown-type along with a cheaper Jerami Grant-type and filler, we win in a big way.

And QS needs to go to. His deer in the headlights approach to getting punched in the mouth on the court has worn threadbare. He needs to go.

In order to win your best player has to be clutch and close out games. Not only are we not great in close games we have been worse holding leads and and awful collapses mean no leadership. I blame both DM and Rudy (and Quin more) but DM is running the team down the stretch and not making the plays a true leader makes. Can he improve? Maybe. Hopefully something changes in the playoffs.

Agreed. And if he ****s up catching the pass or doesn't convert, it's on Rudy. It's still by far the smart basketball play. It's stunning to consider any other option there.
What's more; what happened after he didn't pass it? Danced around and bungled it out of bounds. A spectacular display of stupid basketball, selfish basketball, or more likely both.

Of course it's technically different. If the argument you're making is that it is less damaging or mean-spirited then I'm not sure what you're basing that on.

I choose no side. it's like chess. Rudy and donovan are just pieces in a chess game and the hand that moves them is our FO. you need to surround them with the correct pieces, put them in a position to succeed and anticipate future moves to win. sadly our FO failed Rudy and dm.

Also hilarious that Lopo use to say people DM him about being scared to post because I might argue with them when Lopo is out here arguing with the entire board over a very popular opinion held by the board
Quit lying. I never said that.

Yall don't speak for everybody. Damn your arrogance.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

I choose no side. it's like chess. Rudy and donovan are just pieces in a chess game and the hand that moves them is our FO. you need to surround them with the correct pieces, put them in a position to succeed and anticipate future moves to win. sadly our FO failed Rudy and dm.
It is chess. Quin put himself in a situation to easily advance toward domination and then started playing tic tac toe ever since.