What's new

Picked up NBA 2K16 last night

Is it still incredibly easy to score in the post?

I didn't do too many post moves last night. I ran a few with Favors and he dominated the Warriors but that was expected.

They moved the button that calls for a pick and roll so it took awhile to adjust to that. So far I have seen improvements on every level of the game.

Free throws I would miss constantly last year even though it was right on. Now it goes in when it should but only misses sometimes to make up for bad percentages.

The Shot meter is still there. You have to time your shot. I love that feature as you get better and better the more you play with the same team.

I didn't do too many post moves last night. I ran a few with Favors and he dominated the Warriors but that was expected.

They moved the button that calls for a pick and roll so it took awhile to adjust to that. So far I have seen improvements on every level of the game.

Free throws I would miss constantly last year even though it was right on. Now it goes in when it should but only misses sometimes to make up for bad percentages.

The Shot meter is still there. You have to time your shot. I love that feature as you get better and better the more you play with the same team.

You expect Favors, who I'm sure isn't rated too highly in post offense on 2K, to dominate the Warriors, who I'm sure are rated pretty highly on defense with Green and Bogut?

You expect Favors, who I'm sure isn't rated too highly in post offense on 2K, to dominate the Warriors, who I'm sure are rated pretty highly on defense with Green and Bogut?

Favors is a 82 overall. I am not sure on his post offense rating.
Green couldn't stop favors at all the 3 or 4 times I went to him.
Bogus never guarded him.

playing mygm. gobert had triple double with 10 points 16 rebound 11 blocks

Sent from the JazzFanz app

I am very impressed with the game play and realism of the game. Last year's game had way too many glitches where you can dunk almost everytime from the sideline or shoot fadeway 3 point shots non stop with people in your face.
This year the outside shot is more realistic in terms of percentage made. Dunking is harder and defense is easier. If you try and dunk on people out of position you will get blocked. Dribbling in traffic you will lose the ball. If you try to throw really long passes you will get it stolen.
They easily focused on defense this year and the game is awesome so far.

Anyone have Xbox One with 2K16 or plan on it?

I like 3 pointer part. People who just jack up 3s all the time won't win any game.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

I saw that you start MyPlayer as a 55 ranked rookie no matter where you are drafted.

2K is such a piece of **** for this. They are just trying to make people who play this game to buy VC to rank up their player faster because playing as a 55 ranked player will take forever to actually rank yourself up to be respectable at anything. They have lowered your entry rating for the past 3 years. Also heard you only play 8 games in the 2015-2016 season for your rookie year, so you don't even get to play with the legit roster for very long.

This is why I hate that NBA Live is such a **** game. 2K can get away with doing these little BS things.

No idea how the 1996/97 Jazz has an overall rating of 82 but the 97/98 Sonics has a rating of 90+ (don't remember exact number from last night).

What's up with that!!!

I saw that you start MyPlayer as a 55 ranked rookie no matter where you are drafted.

2K is such a piece of **** for this. They are just trying to make people who play this game to buy VC to rank up their player faster because playing as a 55 ranked player will take forever to actually rank yourself up to be respectable at anything. They have lowered your entry rating for the past 3 years. Also heard you only play 8 games in the 2015-2016 season for your rookie year, so you don't even get to play with the legit roster for very long.

This is why I hate that NBA Live is such a **** game. 2K can get away with doing these little BS things.

I've never bought anything with real money, and my NBA2K15 player is averaging 39 points, 13 rebounds, and 8 assists a game in my third season. And I play on all star difficulty.

I've never bought anything with real money, and my NBA2K15 player is averaging 39 points, 13 rebounds, and 8 assists a game in my third season. And I play on all star difficulty.

How have you already played that much? Also, you pre-ordered the game, no? You probably got the 20,000 extra VC which made things way faster.

How have you already played that much? Also, you pre-ordered the game, no? You probably got the 20,000 extra VC which made things way faster.

Heh, that's actually right. I totally forgot about that bonus.

Just a fyi, overall team rank is the aggregate ranking of all the players on the roster, so having guys like Cotton/Pleiss/Cooley/Jarrett really lower the overall ranking.

You realize that's the case for all teams . . . ? As in, I think every NBA team has 5 guys that lower the overall ranking...

You realize that's the case for all teams . . . ? As in, I think every NBA team has 5 guys that lower the overall ranking...

No, if it's like last year, they dont do the full teams for some of the classic teams. Like they only do 8 guys, then the last 7 are automatically generated generic players with super low ratings. So some classic teams are ranked much lower because of that. Not sure if it's just them being lazy or not feeling like spending money for the rights to bench guys on teams most fans won't really care about.

Also for current teams, Jazz have more super unknown/minimum contract back-end roster than most teams do.