What's new

PKM, you in on this trend yet?

^Yeah.. was kind of thinking the same thing. It's like what's most important to some of these people is to live as simple as possible and look down their noses at people that don't. ********

^Yeah.. was kind of thinking the same thing. It's like what's most important to some of these people is to live as simple as possible and look down their noses at people that don't. ********

I can at least respect them for eating their own cooking. The ones I can't stand are screw ups like Amory Lovins who lives in a $20,000,000.00 house in a bad *** Colorado mountain location, and lectures the rest of us over energy consumption through his foundation, which supports his lifestyle.

I work with a guy who used $2 of water with his partner last January. Showered in cold only. That's a bit on the freak side of things, but he never crams it down my throat.

I can at least respect them for eating their own cooking. The ones I can't stand are screw ups like Amory Lovins who lives in a $20,000,000.00 house in a bad *** Colorado mountain location, and lectures the rest of us over energy consumption through his foundation, which supports his lifestyle.

I work with a guy who used $2 of water with his partner last January. Showered in cold only. That's a bit on the freak side of things, but he never crams it down my throat.

Hahaha.. couldn't stop laughing at this. It is FREAKAYYYY.

Ever been to Tokyo? I have.

This is the norm there. They even have cubby hole hotels. You can literally rent a hole in the wall.

They also have these things called love motels. They are pretty awesome. Themed, pay by the hour(married couples use them), really stylish. Those
that have lived in Japan or visited there know what I'm talking about.

Ever been to Tokyo? I have.

This is the norm there. They even have cubby hole hotels. You can literally rent a hole in the wall.

They also have these things called love motels. They are pretty awesome. Themed, pay by the hour(married couples use them), really stylish. Those
that have lived in Japan or visited there know what I'm talking about.

I haven't been, but even I know what you're talking about.. lol..

Tokyo? Never heard of it. But the question is...is that good? Are those hotels good prices that are going to extend travelers/businessmen's budgets elsewhere , or can you go on Priceline 5 days in advance, book a 4 star for only $20 more/or find something just as cheap that's a lot better? Because the overall assumption that we're making here in this topic is that if it's a good idea, then you're downgrading to benefit in some way. The Economist recently named Tokyo the most expensive place in the world again. If I lived there, that would tell me to swim to Bangkok ASAP and live on $300/month for everything if I wanted to live cheap. Not to go find one of these rat holes so I can take my $10 loaf of bread inside and have a nice cry about how screwed I'm getting by every price in the city:

https://www.treehugger.com/interior...-paying-568-tiny-coffin-sized-apartments.html

Tokyo-small-apartment-shibuya-2.jpg.492x0_q85_crop-smart.jpg

Tokyo-small-apartment-shibuya-1.jpg.492x0_q85_crop-smart.jpg

Tokyo? Never heard of it. But the question is...is that good? Are those hotels good prices that are going to extend travelers/businessmen's budgets elsewhere , or can you go on Priceline 5 days in advance, book a 4 star for only $20 more/or find something just as cheap that's a lot better? Because the overall assumption that we're making here in this topic is that if it's a good idea, then you're downgrading to benefit in some way. The Economist recently named Tokyo the most expensive place in the world again. If I lived there, that would tell me to swim to Bangkok ASAP and live on $300/month for everything if I wanted to live cheap. Not to go find one of these rat holes so I can take my $10 loaf of bread inside and have a nice cry about how screwed I'm getting by every price in the city:

https://www.treehugger.com/interior...-paying-568-tiny-coffin-sized-apartments.html

Tokyo-small-apartment-shibuya-2.jpg.492x0_q85_crop-smart.jpg

Tokyo-small-apartment-shibuya-1.jpg.492x0_q85_crop-smart.jpg

That'll only realistically cover your apartment rent, power, water, internet, but that's about it. Food and shopping will have to be on top of that. Also that'll only be a 2-3 star apartmentsat best. Nice condominium you're looking at approx. $560 per month, 1 bedroom, spacious, 3-4 star.

Cost of living are going up over there.

For me what's important is having enough room for my poker tables, my fermentation chambers, my keggorator and my brewing equipment, as well as a back yard well suited to making beer.

I don't get any of that in a micro apt.

This. As far as living space goes, I could get by on very little, but I absolutely must have a garage. The bigger, the better.

This. As far as living space goes, I could get by on very little, but I absolutely must have a garage. The bigger, the better.

Well these guys have a small house and a cute little workshop next to it where they design and sew baby's gifts and accessories. The workshop is from 8.10min. onwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y15dxUZN3s

Yep.. goes to show, life is what you make it. What are you content with? What is 'real'?

Is it more "stuff"? Or is it more "time" (with each other)?

Nope ... It's knitting. I like knitting baby clothes. But nothing beats knitting baby clothes from my very own home I reclaimed from energy inefficient leprechauns.