What's new

Place your bets - Hayward stays or Hayward goes. Public poll.

The Clash - Should I stay or Should I Go Now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've been going back and forth on this, and can't really decide. Truly a 50/50 scenario for me, although I feel better than I did a week ago. I'm going to wait and see if Utah and/or Boston makes any moves in the next few days before voting.

Heart says stays.
Brains says there is a way better situation for him in all ways if he stays.

Every single NBA person I hear says they think he's gone.
The winds of change are blowing in the NBA right now. And Hayward would just be another domino.

Here's how I think it shakes out---

** Paul George has no motivation to forego his options in free agency next year or to sacrifice any money to sign an extension with Boston.

** Hayward won't take the risk that Paul George won't stay in Boston.

** Without another star player joining Hayward in Boston, it's not worth leaving his situation in Utah, especially if DL has a deal or two on the table to strengthen the team. Isaiah Thomas, Al Horford and two 20 year-olds don't move the needle.

90% hayward stays

Hayward will sign a 5 year deal with player options to opt out. George Hill will possibly sign first. 4 years team option on 4th year. If Utah was going to trade for a point guard it would have already happened.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hayward will sign a 5 year deal with player options to opt out. George Hill will possibly sign first. 4 years team option on 4th year. If Utah was going to trade for a point guard it would have already happened.

There's still two days to trade for a PG, don't you worry quite yet.

And he stays. I'd be shocked if he leaves.

Yep. I think that's a likely scenario. Jazz compromise with a 5 yr deal that has an opt out in 3 so he can be paid as a 10-yr vet. Jazz willing to go 4/$80M for Hill. Or if he prefers, up to 3/$75. It allows Utah to make some moves to avoid the repeater tax penalty.

I predict Ingles agrees to a deal on July 1st for 4/$35M.

I feel a LOT more positive by Hayward setting up a meeting on July 3rd. I'm likely reading too much into things, but I think it just gives Dennis more time to make other moves (sign Ingles, use MLE on Teo, come to terms with Hill). If all of those are in place, and Gordon STILL goes elsewhere, I'll shake my head and say good riddance.

Paul George remains noncommittal to Boston in an extension upon trade scenario because he wants to be in LA and doesn't want a pay cut. Because of this Boston has to pitch Hayward on gimpy IT, aging Al and two youngsters who play the same position he does. He's not blown away.

Pat Riley tries to work his recruiting magic but without any big names on the roster to help pitch Gordo on signing in Miami his act falls flat.

DL makes a calculated move before free agency begins to use that cap space in a trade. This leaves an impression on Hayward going into free agency. After the others fail to impress in their pitches DL swoops in on the 3rd and quickly gets a deal done before the moritorium is up.

Hayward stays. #STAYWARD

Yep. I think that's a likely scenario. Jazz compromise with a 5 yr deal that has an opt out in 3 so he can be paid as a 10-yr vet. Jazz willing to go 4/$80M for Hill. Or if he prefers, up to 3/$75. It allows Utah to make some moves to avoid the repeater tax penalty.

I feel a LOT more positive by Hayward setting up a meeting on July 3rd. I'm likely reading too much into things, but I think it just gives Dennis more time to make other moves (sign Ingles, use MLE on Teo, come to terms with Hill). If all of those are in place, and Gordon STILL goes elsewhere, I'll shake my head and say good riddance.
People talk about walking if Hayward leaves. If we give Hill $25 and Hayward $35, go ahead and walk. We cannot contend with those 2 making that much.

I think it's ******** Hayward is holding us hostage like this. Until last year, he hasn't been a star. And I still have questions on how elite he actually is. We are so desperate to keep him that we might sign 2 contracts that will act like an anchor on title hopes.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

People talk about walking if Hayward leaves. If we give Hill $25 and Hayward $35, go ahead and walk. We cannot contend with those 2 making that much.

I think it's ******** Hayward is holding us hostage like this. Until last year, he hasn't been a star. And I still have questions on how elite he actually is. We are so desperate to keep him that we might sign 2 contracts that will act like an anchor on title hopes.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

So your idea is to let the team implode because you don't like the contract numbers? And this gets us closer to a title? Alright.

Please tell me your master plan then.

Reminds me of the Ak47 contract.
If he stays it's going to be costly so I hope that he continues to improve.
He is still a second tier talent. Lotta eggs in that basket.

Jingles stays for 35 million? You can't even buy a two bedroom dogs box in Melbourne or Sydney for that sort of chump change.