What's new

Players You Enjoy Watching. Players You Hate Watching.

checkbookdoc

My favorite players to watch currently are:
1) Ochai - I want him to get more. More starts. More playing time. More looks from teammates. More shots up. I don’t understand why he doesn’t play more. He is athletic and engaged on defense. He moves the ball, cuts, runs hard in transition, and spreads the floor.

2) Taylor Hendricks - I like watching him grow as a player and learn what he can do and how to fit in the NBA.

I hate watching:
1) THT - even when he plays well I hate it. Kind of like how I felt with prime Harden (except THT usually sucks and doesn’t pass well).
2) Luka S. - he is so annoying. Only ever shoots.
3) Sexton - this one hurts. I loved how hard he played last year. Now, the magic is gone (most of the time).

Everyone else is just kind of meh on the team. Even Lauri has is mostly a disappointment. Please Danny, make a move to pull all the pieces together or focus on young guys.

Am I alone? I basically skip the starting line up because it is so dull until Ochai and/or THT comes out.

I don’t hate anybody. I like them all
That must be nice.

I don't hate any of them. I just hate watching some of them.

I want us to have a plan and be moving toward competing. If that means we focus on youth or culture development then, GREAT. if it means building a competitive team through trades, fine. But doing neither is a real bummer to me. I also hope the next great Jazz team does not play like THT.

1) Ochai - I want him to get more. More starts. More playing time. More looks from teammates. More shots up. I don’t understand why he doesn’t play more. He is athletic and engaged on defense. He moves the ball, cuts, runs hard in transition, and spreads the floor.

2) Taylor Hendricks - I like watching him grow as a player and learn what he can do and how to fit in the NBA.

I hate watching:
1) THT - even when he plays well I hate it. Kind of like how I felt with prime Harden (except THT usually sucks and doesn’t pass well).
3) Sexton - this one hurts. I loved how hard he played last year. Now, the magic is gone (most of the time).

Everyone else is just kind of meh on the team. Even Lauri has is mostly a disappointment. Please Danny, make a move to pull all the pieces together or focus on young guys.

Am I alone? I basically skip the starting line up because it is so dull until Ochai and/or THT comes out.

yeah you're alone

Clarkson outside of the rare times in his career where he is super hot he's rough to watch. He plays no defense and literally acts like he's the only player on the court offensively. He does get really creative at scoring and gets red hot shooting for awhile before going back to normal bad shooting.

Sexton to a lesser degree. He's playing well but his in court personality rubs me wrong.

THT has some unbelievably stupid plays but it's usually entertaining at least, and every now and then he strings together some great plays.

I don't hate watching any of the players though. Some just frustrate me more than others.

Love watching: ochia, hendrix, kessler, lauri, keyonte, sexton, simone.

Hate watching: KO, collins, luka, clarkson.

Meh with the rest. Collins is on the fence between meh and hate. Only goes on the hate list because he takes minutes from Hendrix.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

I don't really love or hate Jazz players, but there are things I love and hate about each one. For example I love watching KO pass and be a connector in our offense, but I hate watching him flop and play defense in general.

I dont generally like watching Clarkson. He coasts too often on both ends if he isnt on the ball and doesnt make plays on defense. Offensively he is too predictable to be exciting. Sexton is on par with Clarkson in terms of being quite predictable but that dude has fire in his belly so it makes him much more fun to watch.

THT is a whole different story. When he is bad he is REALLY bad, but you cannot blame him for being predictable. He makes more early passes and just explodes with a direct line drive when you least expect it. Also THT is wild around the rim, with some amazing tough finishes in traffic to go with the occasional airball layups.

I love watching the young guys (all 1st and 2nd year players really) more than the vets in general, but thats probably because I havent been saturated by them yet.

I dont generally like watching Clarkson. He coasts too often on both ends if he isnt on the ball and doesnt make plays on defense. Offensively he is too predictable to be exciting. Sexton is on par with Clarkson in terms of being quite predictable but that dude has fire in his belly so it makes him much more fun to watch.

THT is a whole different story. When he is bad he is REALLY bad, but you cannot blame him for being predictable. He makes more early passes and just explodes with a direct line drive when you least expect it. Also THT is wild around the rim, with some amazing tough finishes in traffic to go with the occasional airball layups.

I love watching the young guys (all 1st and 2nd year players really) more than the vets in general, but thats probably because I havent been saturated by them yet.

That up and under finish from THT last night would have made prime Alec Burks proud.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

If we arent picking players but situational stuff, then KO in the restricted area has to be my least favorite. Doesnt matter if its defense or rebounding or whatever he does there, its just bad.

However he did have a great moment last game in transition defense when he anticipated the lob pass. Nets were dumb to not go for the direct layup though, as that was either gonna be a free layup or an and-1.

If we arent picking players but situational stuff, then KO in the restricted area has to be my least favorite. Doesnt matter if its defense or rebounding or whatever he does there, its just bad.

However he did have a great moment last game in transition defense when he anticipated the lob pass. Nets were dumb to not go for the direct layup though, as that was either gonna be a free layup or an and-1.
Wasn't that Simone? Or did it happen twice?

Clarkson, THT and Ochai for me. To explain that last one, I had higher expectations for him this year. He puts together a good game about every 4 games, but those other three games are rough.

The first two are self explanatory.

I enjoy watching Lauri and hate not seeing him involved enough. THT, Clarkson and Sexton flip a sort of love/hate switch which make them hate one game, love another.

THT is probably the most interesting Jazz player to watch since AK-47.

He's extremely hard to figure out. At times I think he's super high IQ, high vision, then the next play I will question if he's blind or selfish. He regularly bust out brand new moves. Sometimes they look beautiful and other times they look like the most tragic thing you've seen on a court. The entertainment factor is a 10/10. He also legitimately makes the team better *most* of the time.

Sexton really coming around has helped take the pressure off THT to create as much and he has gotten more efficient because of it. I still believe in THT, but you have to players around him that won't allow him to indulge in his worst tendencies, and the start of the year the Jazz just had no one creating any offense. Simone has also helped since he has gotten going and started creating a few more shots per game with his driving.

Reactions: hgb

I hate watching:

Also, how can anyone like watching Ochai?

I get it in transition. He's amazing in transition. Watching him in the half-court is like watching paint dry.

Also, how can anyone like watching Ochai?

I get it in transition. He's amazing in transition. Watching him in the half-court is like watching paint dry.
I’m just now watching the Nets game and Ochai had a nice little drive into a pull up 2. I certainly didn’t expect that so it was a pleasant surprise to see he can apparently do that.

#1 player I enjoy watching is Sexton. He is a endless ball of energy it’s insane.

THT when he’s cooking is also extremely fun to watch. He actually has a lot of moves in his bag.