What's new

Playoff Don

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
2024 Award Winner
In the last two playoffs Donovan has averaged 33.9 PPG, 5.2 APG and 4.5 RPG while shooting 48% from the field including 46.4% from 3 on 10.5 attempts per game.

To be quite frank he’s been the best player in the entire playoffs. With him we will always have a fighting chance. We just need a few balls and luck to bounce our way and we end up in the WCF and hell even the Finals.

Look what he did last year with a bad ankle. He’s going to absolutely explode and wreck the everyone in his path.

Get on the train or get ran the **** over. LET’S ****ING GO IT’S PLAYOFF TIME BABY!!!

Let's get some playoff energy going on!

This is a reset.

If you're a jazzfan then lets just take these playoffs as they come and hope for the best.

My expectations are not as high as I expected, but there's one thing I know for sure, there is only one team I want to win a championship in the NBA and that's the Jazz. The playoffs is how they can get there and they're in the playoffs right now, so I'm rooting for Jazz wins!

Let's get some playoff energy going on!

This is a reset.

If you're a jazzfan then lets just take these playoffs as they come and hope for the best.

My expectations are not as high as I expected, but there's one thing I know for sure, there is only one team I want to win a championship in the NBA and that's the Jazz. The playoffs is how they can get there and they're in the playoffs right now, so I'm rooting for Jazz wins!
Nothing to lose for sure

You’re not wrong. Playoff donovan has been as good as anyone in the entire nba. This season sees some new parts that could make a big difference in the playoffs (house, whiteside, gay/paschall, even juancho).
Im all in.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

I've kind of been a bit harsh towards him the last half but he really is the deciding factor here. All he needs to do is make some plays when the game is on the line.

hell be alright. these past few games with blown leads will just make the team better. turnaround coming soon

Lopoo has guaranteed us that DM is the playoff GOAT. DM feels about the regular season like Allen Iverson felt about practice.
DM also feels the same way about getting his teammates involved when the game matters. I am afraid for what we have seen from him this season and his comments about not believing he does anything wrong and that taking ****** shots is always the best idea as long as he is the one taking the shot. He will shoot us out of the playoffs if he continues the way he was this season, especially at the end. I do not have a lot of faith he will be able to turn that corner, as he has so strongly bought into his own hype. I doubt many players that are dead dead dead last in clutch efficiency suddenly becomes hyper-efficient just because the playoffs are here. I am sure he will up his efficiency overall, but we have seen numerous times already games where he garnered 30+ points but literally shot us out of the game at the end, so it was all for naught. So he will average 35 ppg, 5 assts, 4 boards, maybe even 2 steals....and we go down in 4 games? Hopefully he gets out of this mentality or we might as well wrap it all up now.

He has certainly done well on the offensive side of the ball the past two years (17 games). I have reservations, though.

The first seven games were played without Bojan Bogdanovic and two of those games were also without Mike. The following year, 6 of those 10 games were without Mike, and 2 more were effectively without Mike.

Currently, those two guys are healthy. I hope they can be utilized because the mandate for "Playoff Don" isn't as high as it has been in the past. On the flip side, this year teams found out they could blitz him and he often couldn't make anything happen out of that, and a whole season of clutch numbers don't look that great. If he comes back down to earth even a bit then it could look pretty bad, especially if he's playing as if Mike and Bojan don't exist.

He has certainly done well on the offensive side of the ball the past two years (17 games). I have reservations, though.

The first seven games were played without Bojan Bogdanovic and two of those games were also without Mike. The following year, 6 of those 10 games were without Mike, and 2 more were effectively without Mike.

Currently, those two guys are healthy. I hope they can be utilized because the mandate for "Playoff Don" isn't as high as it has been in the past. On the flip side, this year teams found out they could blitz him and he often couldn't make anything happen out of that, and a whole season of clutch numbers don't look that great. If he comes back down to earth even a bit then it could look pretty bad, especially if he's playing as if Mike and Bojan don't exist.
Yeah my concern is that now we have a decent sample size of clutch games and frankly it looks terrible. Hopefully this is not indicative of what we are getting in the playoffs where lots of games tend to be close. Especially with a much more clutch-efficient Conley and Bogey available if all we see is Mr. 0.162 it will not bode well for a deep run.

SUre, but Playoff Don also blew two games in the 4th quarter like the 8 second violation and losing the ball to Garry Harris in a final possession.

I dont think Mitchell has any secret playoff sauce. Him being awful in the clutch this year (which is like the playoff moment of a regular season game) makes me think that. I dont think Don is some playoff super-star who can repeat these kinds of performances series after series, year after year.

Hopefully he can make the winning plays when winning plays need to be made and get the whole team involved.

I dont think Mitchell has any secret playoff sauce. Him being awful in the clutch this year (which is like the playoff moment of a regular season game) makes me think that. I dont think Don is some playoff super-star who can repeat these kinds of performances series after series, year after year.

Hopefully he can make the winning plays when winning plays need to be made and get the whole team involved.

How many players ever have averaged 30+ PPG in two consecutive playoffs while playing a minimum of 15 games total?

I'm kind of reminded of the 2010 series against Denver. Adrian Dantley talked about the need to pressure Deron and tilt the defense towards him, and when Deron was asked about it, he said something to the effect of "Good, I hope they do that. It'll make it easier to set up other guys."

I think Donovan has the skillset to expose that type of gameplan against him. Just needs the same mindset.