• Playstation 4

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • Don't know yet

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Don't care. Not a gamer.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Batman

I am trying to decide which console to Preorder. Though I have been an Xbox man since it was released about 10 years ago, I am starting to lean toward Play Station 4. From what I understand, The PS4 will have 40% better graphics and the X box 1 seems quite unimpressive. It seems they could have improved the brand a lot more than it sounds like they did. Which system will you end up buying and why?

Need a "Don't Care, PC Gamer" option. Because I don't care, but I have won more than $1000 "gaming", just not on a console.

I say it's a coin flip now that Microsoft pretty much addressed everything that people were pooh poohing. Just give ole 25¢ Georgy a big kiss for luck and let him rip.

Last edited:
P mother ****ing C

Put your $500 bucks towards a pc. Buy the xbox controller for windows. Download steam client and get your games MUCH cheaper. Plus you will have an entertainment system that is upgradable and that you are able to personalize.

I say it's a coin flip now that Microsoft pretty much addressed everything that people were pooh poohing. Just give ole 25¢ Georgy a big kiss for luck and let him rip.

This. It was Sony by a mile before Microsoft pulled their heads out of their butts, but now we once again have a situation where there will probably be little real difference between these two consoles. I would just go with whichever system has the exclusive game(s) you want.

FWIW I will be getting a PS4, but not at launch. I just haven't seen any games I'm dying to have yet. When I do I'll buy one.

P mother ****ing C

Put your $500 bucks towards a pc. Buy the xbox controller for windows. Download steam client and get your games MUCH cheaper. Plus you will have an entertainment system that is upgradable and that you are able to personalize.

At least for current gen there are enough console exclusives to justify buying one console or the other. I'm guessing that will continue next gen. Heck, easy example, GTAV isn't on anything except consoles right now... and there are plenty more games that just aren't on PC.

I am getting PS4 with Battlefield 4 at launch. Also the best extended warranty possible in case there are future launch gen issues. I will also probably be getting Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag. I have both the PS3 and the 360 currently. I don't really play the 360 unless it is Halo. So that pretty much makes the decision for me easy. I am sure there are people who are the exact opposite in terms of their 360 and PS3 usage.

P mother ****ing C

My video cards were more than $500.

So I hadn't read anything about the games yet really, but Kingdom Hearts 3 is going to be multi-platform? That one was a huge plus on Sony's side for me when I was going over exclusive series in my mind. Sega just bought Atlus the other day too so I imagine some of those lesser known games they make that I like are probably more likely to go multi-platform too now. That's two notches that I wasn't counting on side XBOX for me.

Not that it really matters. I'll probably buy them both eventually either way.

Last edited:
IF you love Halo Xbox one, otherwise PS4. I am a Halo fan.

The difference between Xbox 1 and ps4 will be smaller than the difference between ps 3 and xbox 360 in terms of hardware relatively speaking. I really didn't notice very much of a difference between games this current gen. When you play a game on a console you are usually sitting on a couch a couple of feet away. You can sometimes tell when comparing screenshots on a computer since your face is so close to the screen but graphically you would have a really hard time if any telling the difference between graphics.

So I hadn't read anything about the games yet really, but Kingdom Hearts 3 is going to be multi-platform? That one was a huge plus on Sony's side for me when I was going over exclusive series in my mind. Sega just bought Atlus the other day too so I imagine some of those lesser known games they make that I like are probably more likely to go multi-platform too now. That's two notches that I wasn't counting on side XBOX for me.

Not that it really matters. I'll probably buy them both eventually either way.

Yep. I am a huge gamer, so I imagine that I will eventually end up owning both as well. It all depends on these platforms getting those one or two games that I just have to have. For the 360 it was Elder Scrolls IV, for the PS3 it was Demon's Souls, for the Nintendo 3DS it was Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. And while the launch lineups for both systems look solid, there just hasn't been that one game yet that really made me think, "wow, I MUST have that game..."

One game that has a possibility of being such a one for me is Deep Down, which I only heard about recently and is currently a PS4 exclusive. Unfortunately, it has a Japan-only release for the moment. I am hoping they will announce it for the US soon. It looks roughly like a Demon's Souls/Dark Souls clone, except made by Capcom. Considering that Capcom is the developer behind Monster Hunter and Dragon's Dogma, this sounds like a very good idea to me. There's very little gameplay footage to look at right now, but I think this game has the potential to be amazing (then again, it could suck, it's much too early to be able to say anything for sure about it). FWIW, it's also going to be free-to-play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbFBEjlKtpY

Nba 2k14 is always best on wii. Most games oook better on the wii including pokeman.

I'm not worried how it oooks, I want to know how it plays.

Can somebody tell me which console is gonna be better for NBA 2k14?

With current-gen games, some ran better on PS3 and others ran better on 360; I expect the same will be the case next gen. But I don't think anyone knows anything right now about the performance of different individual games cross-platform. We'll just have to wait for the consoles and the games to come out.