What's new

Please fire Snyder and get a real coach in the summer

JimLes

You know, the kind of coach whose resume doesn't say "sat on the bench and watched great coaches." Why the **** would you give a job to someone who's never coached professional players in his life?

You know, the kind of coach whose resume doesn't say "sat on the bench and watched great coaches." Why the **** would you give a job to someone who's never coached professional players in his life?

every coach has to start their career without having coached in the big leagues.

that being said... THIBODEAU

every coach has to start their career without having coached in the big leagues.

that being said... THIBODEAU

I wish we got Thib. But he will coach either Pelicans or Wolves, those teams which have a clear #1 option. We just need a real #1 option, trade Gobert for Ben Simmons.

Yeah, but we don't have to play the role of the kindly old prostitute who teaches the nerdy young man the ways of love.

Yeah, but we don't have to play the role of the kindly old prostitute who teaches the nerdy young man the ways of love.

such is our role in life.

Farm our best players to bigger markets,

and whore ourselves out to virgin coaches.

What makes me laugh is that Quin had been welcomed like a "basketball genius". I'm not convinced he is a good coach. He can't draw an effective play down the stretch. He may be a good communicator or motivator but the Jazz needs a coach with basketball knowledges that gives a watchable offense to this team.

i think its certain that he's going to be on the hot seat next year if this trend continues (which it will probably)

Did he tell Hood to miss the open 3? Did he tell Hayward to go up with a soft fadeaway and get his **** packed by a guy who's 6'2"? If he did then fire him that is a terrible strategy.

Y'all are crazy our players have raved about the guy. This **** is stupid.

I wish we got Thib. But he will coach either Pelicans or Wolves
Uhh, you do realize he was a Knicks assistant coach for nearly a decade and he was born and raised in this area.
He ain't going to New Orleans, Minny, or Utah. New York City is his next coaching gig.

Did he tell Hayward to go up with a soft fadeaway and get his **** packed by a guy who's 6'2"?

No man, Hayward drew the play up à la LeBron while Snyder just sat there, right?

Notice the two Celtics possessions before that one. Celtics down twice. First time, they draw up a play where Thomas drives, defense collapses, and they get Crowder an open three. Next time, they screen for Avery and he comes around it and his a jumper before the defender has a chance to get in his grille. Why couldn't Snyder draw something up to free Hayward instead of isoing him?

Uhh, you do realize he was a Knicks assistant coach for nearly a decade and he was born and raised in this area.
He ain't going to New Orleans, Minny, or Utah. New York City is his next coaching gig.

unless you're predicting that Phil Jackson is leaving, i can't picture Thibs fitting in well with Jackson's philosophies

No man, Hayward drew the play up à la LeBron while Snyder just sat there, right?

Notice the two Celtics possessions before that one. Celtics down twice. First time, they draw up a play where Thomas drives, defense collapses, and they get Crowder an open three. Next time, they screen for Avery and he comes around it and his a jumper before the defender has a chance to get in his grille. Why couldn't Snyder draw something up to free Hayward instead of isoing him?

I agree with a bit of what you're saying, Snyder has a lot of improvement to make, but it's not really fair to compare him to Stevens. Stevens is a top 5, at worst, coach who specializes a in drawing up great plays out of timeouts.

And crowder made the effing three which was contested... Hood missed his. Hayward is 6" taller than Bradley if he pump fakes or goes towards the basket that's a good look but he faded away without knocking the guy back and tha is how you get your **** thrown. Jebus people.. Two good opportunities and we sucked... They took advantage of their opportunities.

I agree with you 100%. This happened almost the entire season in close games. Hayward is not "Iso Joe".

That shot by Hayward should have been a good shot... He went in soft and that is on him.... Not the coach.

unless you're predicting that Phil Jackson is leaving, i can't picture Thibs fitting in well with Jackson's philosophies
You probably are not in New York right now so you would not know that it is very desperate times here in NY. Phil is really hanging by a thread. Media, fans, even players are all turning against him. If Jackson wants to stay he's going to have to yield on his triangle and his philosophies and bring in a fresh voice. The call for Thibs is pretty high here. We all deeply regret that we had him on our coaching staff for ten years and stupidly let him go. No guarantee, but the big off-season move in the NBA will most likely be Thibodeau to coach Knicks.

You Jazz fans can make threads about your coach, but we had Derek friggin' Fisher! I would have killed to have your guy. Our guy, after winning only 17 games last season, skips out on the second day of the new season's practice for a booty call three thousand miles across the country with Matt Barnes' ex-wife! He just put together our worst season in our 70 year history and he is more interested in banging than balling. (I will admit, however, that Branes' ex-wife is something else. I probably would have skipped out on practice, too.)

Matt-Barnes-Derek-Fisher-fight-details-sports-1008-1.jpg

I agree with a bit of what you're saying, Snyder has a lot of improvement to make, but it's not really fair to compare him to Stevens. Stevens is a top 5, at worst, coach who specializes a in drawing up great plays out of timeouts.

I'm not comparing him to Stevens, per se. I'm just pointing out that unless you happen to have a player named Steph Curry on your team, you ought to draw up a play to get a somewhat open shot for someone. Now, I know that there are other coaches in the league who are afraid of their star players who would just let them iso, but the fact that the Knicks would've drawn the exact play we had with Anthony instead of Hayward doesn't make it a smart decision.

And crowder made the effing three which was contested... Hood missed his. Hayward is 6" taller than Bradley if he pump fakes or goes towards the basket that's a good look but he faded away without knocking the guy back and tha is how you get your **** thrown. Jebus people.. Two good opportunities and we sucked... They took advantage of their opportunities.

First of all Crowder shot was half contested, Favors was late to close on him. Hayward shot was of high degree of difficulty, not the type of shot you expect in the last minute of a close game. Hood has been clutch lately, he can't make miracles all the time.

There is nothing bad to admit that Quin is not good enough to draw up plays out of timeouts down the stretch.

First of all Crowder shot was half contested, Favors was late to close on him. Hayward shot was of high degree of difficulty. Hood has been clutch lately, he can't make miracles all the time.

There is nothing bad to admit that Quin is not good at drawing up plays out of timeouts down the stretch.

I think the premise of this thead is we should fire him... Not asking for a miracle out of hood but his look was of the same quality that crowder and I hate to be that guy but... It's a make or miss league.

If crowder misses and hood makes that shot are we freaking out or talking about a great win...write the story with the ball in the air not after the miss. Quin isn't perfect but he's done a good job and both of those looks/setups were fine. I've critized the guy like when he didn't go to Hood with Harden on him and he insisted on going to Hayward when ariza was on him. This thread is stupid.