What's new

Please fire Snyder and get a real coach in the summer

Stevens' team isn't getting robbed, though. That was my point. You gotta play the refs and the league, a little bit. Especially in this new era of NBA actually publishing analyses of calls. There's a difference between complaining about calls in the olden days and now. Now you can actually point to the league itself admitting calls were wrong.

The Jazz have sent in tapes or talked to the league about the issue. I have actually said in other threads he needs to fight harder for calls but really I don't think it'd make a dramatic difference every night but there are some nights I think it'd help a bit.

U could argue the opposite is true to though... Sometimes refs don't want to help people who are dicks to them. You can't point to that as the reason a guy should be fired I think the rest of the data posted in the thread has proved your other points are garbage.

Here is the other thing... THE PLAYERS LIKE QUIN AND PLAY HARD FOR HIM MOST OF THE TIME! That is part of a coaches job too. Players have developed as well... I just don't see how you watched that game and said this is Quins fault.

He's bad at managing timeouts, I'll give him that.

Rodney Hood said in an interview recently that he's very hands on, like an assistant coach. Which is good with young players I suppose.

Here is the other thing... THE PLAYERS LIKE QUIN AND PLAY HARD FOR HIM MOST OF THE TIME! That is part of a coaches job too. Players have developed as well... I just don't see how you watched that game and said this is Quins fault.

We're NOT winning games. It doesn't matter whether the players like him, whether he gets .01 points per timeout more than other coaches(big ****ing deal!) or whatever other excuse you'll pull out of your *** next. I repeat, we are NOT winning games.

And don't give me that injury ********. Burks missed most of last season, too. Gobert barely played before the All-Star break, Hood missed two months, and every single player had less experience than they do right now. Oh, but we're missing a rookie PG who struggled mightily last year. Sure, and we also didn't have Lyles last year, who you have to admit is contributing much more than Exum was this time last year.

The team looks worse and is playing worse than this time last year. You can deny it all you want, but we all know it's true. Or do you actually think our offense looks better now? More polished? We're getting better looks? It's not just jumpshots and Rudy trying to lay it in from 15 feet out?

We have a young team, but a limited window of time to do something with it before it's broken up. I'd rather not waste more time helping a novice coach learn the ropes.

We also give up double digit leads faster than any team in history. Any way we can pin this on him as well?

The team looks worse and is playing worse than this time last year. You can deny it all you want, but we all know it's true. Or do you actually think our offense looks better now? More polished? We're getting better looks? It's not just jumpshots and Rudy trying to lay it in from 15 feet out?

The Jazz are scoring 103 points per 100 possessions this season. Last year, post all-star break, they scored 101.8 points per 100 possessions.

So despite this year's injury bug, the Jazz have been better on offense overall this year than they were post all-star break last year.

Honestly, if you want to place the blame on anything, blame the defense. It's terrible at the end of games (27th in the NBA in the final 5 minutes of close games, per Locke), and it's baffling why.

We're NOT winning games. It doesn't matter whether the players like him, whether he gets .01 points per timeout more than other coaches(big ****ing deal!) or whatever other excuse you'll pull out of your *** next. I repeat, we are NOT winning games.

And don't give me that injury ********. Burks missed most of last season, too. Gobert barely played before the All-Star break, Hood missed two months, and every single player had less experience than they do right now. Oh, but we're missing a rookie PG who struggled mightily last year. Sure, and we also didn't have Lyles last year, who you have to admit is contributing much more than Exum was this time last year.

We have a young team, but a limited window of time to do something with it before it's broken up. I'd rather not waste more time helping a novice coach learn the ropes.

Exum was pretty damn good defensively and we still have a huge hole there so it's okay to say that position is not much different I guess. Losing Gobert and favors at the same time killed us at a crucial point in the schedule. We were starting withey and Booker... That's not good. Also the difference between what lyles has given us and what Booker gave us last year is significant. Booker has struggled and Trey has had his moments but has also had some serious struggles on defense.

What exactly did you expect our record to be at the start of the year? Are we 5 games better if favs and Gobert are healthy... Would the 6 seed be disappointing? We have had a lot of close games and traditionally young teams don't win those games... The refs have been **** but you can't pin that on Quin... You just can't.

As far as young novices... Which good big name would come that we'd be willing to pay... Which of the retreads you want... Byron Scott, George Karl, Sam Mitchell... I mean all those guys know the ropes.

The players liking Quin matters and will help development which leads to wins. DL is much more to blame for not meeting expectations in my mind but I still like him too... Neither guy is perfect but calling for their heads is really short sighted and honestly pretty ridiculous. If we fired him he'd have another job in a second.

The Jazz are scoring 103 points per 100 possessions this season. Last year, post all-star break, they scored 101.8 points per 100 possessions.

So despite this year's injury bug, the Jazz have been better on offense overall this year than they were post all-star break last year. And as per the usual, you're wrong.

I'm not inclined to put much stock in stats when they appear to differ based on the source.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/UTA/2016.html
https://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats

So, is it 103 or 106? Both websites say they're talking about points scored per 100 possessions.

I think every fan base complains of this.

This is absolutely correct. But after those stats from last week about how we actually do tend to get bad calls from the ref, I'm just gonna turn up my generic complaining and feel completely justified. What a time to be alive.

I'm not inclined to put much stock in stats when they appear to differ based on the source.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/UTA/2016.html
https://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats

So, is it 103 or 106? Both websites say they're talking about points scored per 100 possessions.

The formulas are calculating the number of possessions per game are different. Hollinger's is a lot more simplified as it's an estimate. Basketball-Reference is exact.

It doesn't matter what method you use though - either one will show that Utah's offense this season is better than last year.

Uhh, you do realize he was a Knicks assistant coach for nearly a decade and he was born and raised in this area.
He ain't going to New Orleans, Minny, or Utah. New York City is his next coaching gig.

He sure has that badass Italian mafia enforcer impression, so I guess NYC would be fitting.

Did he tell Hood to miss the open 3? Did he tell Hayward to go up with a soft fadeaway and get his **** packed by a guy who's 6'2"? If he did then fire him that is a terrible strategy.

Y'all are crazy our players have raved about the guy. This **** is stupid.

Oh my God, so ****ing ^^ this ^^, I can't even tell where to begin.

And even in this case, stuff happens in the games and you know know what's gonna happen in clutch time so boo-hoo that you are the one that lost. Just learn from your mistakes and learn to close the games. Experience and hard work beats everything sweetie.

I'm not comparing him to Stevens, per se. I'm just pointing out that unless you happen to have a player named Steph Curry on your team, you ought to draw up a play to get a somewhat open shot for someone. Now, I know that there are other coaches in the league who are afraid of their star players who would just let them iso, but the fact that the Knicks would've drawn the exact play we had with Anthony instead of Hayward doesn't make it a smart decision.

You do realize that drawn end-game plays do not always get executed, right? How can you tell that this is not the case here?

Burke and Booker should have been traded at the deadline. That's on DL. Can't get anything of value for either of them by the end of the year and it's better to give their minutes to Mack and Lyles. These past few games have sucked, but I'm not ready to write the team off yet. They got back into the mix with a 7 game win streak. After the finish from last season, I wouldn't put it past them. Can't wait to get Burks and Exum back healthy.

Exum is not going to make much of a difference offensively, He couldn't shoot straight last season. He's not going to turn into Steph Curry.

Instead of fire Quin Snyder, how about fire Dennis Lindsey - or replace the Jazz board? Utah is 28th in team payroll. Instead of Ingles taking the three, that could have been Hinrich (or another 3PT shooter). Jazz have had a **** load of cash the last two years and DL has given Utah a ****ty bench, using the "can't skip steps" mantra to justify the Jazz just being a cheap *** organization. But continue to shell out money; the Millers enjoy collecting their cash and are far removed from the team. There is NO passion to the ownership group. They don't care a rat's *** about basketball and winnin. In contrast, look at Lacob or Cuban (who have won championships). They CARE.

Also, in defense of Snyder, Hayward is perhaps the most overrated "star" in the NBA. He needs to be traded. I'm going to take my fanship elsewhere if DL signs Gordon to a 5yr/$150M contract, That will mean the end of any hope to contend as the Jazz will need to shed other players down the road and continue on with a watered down bench.

snyder has taken this team a long way.

were currently a top 15 offensive and top 13 defensive team. chill out.

give the guy 2-3 more years.