What's new

Poker nights?

unluckyseventeen

I have been out of the loop for a while, but long story short, I was wondering if you guys still did poker nights regularly and wondered if you had space for another.

Any information is appreciated. :)

Whattup, people jonesing fo da poker doh?

NAOS guest of honor?

My apologies to unluckyseventeen. Nothing against you, just wasn't feeling this a the time you originally posted it. You're more than welcome if we get something going.

My apologies to unluckyseventeen. Nothing against you, just wasn't feeling this a the time you originally posted it. You're more than welcome WHEN we get something going pretty damn soon.

Much better.

As far as message boards go, this is right up there with the most awkward no response threads I've seen, just because at least 1 of the main poker players is usually posting on the board at any given time and nobody ever piped up.

As far as message boards go, this is right up there with the most awkward no response threads I've seen, just because at least 1 of the main poker players is usually posting on the board at any given time and nobody ever piped up.

Basically cuz Poker Nights happen when, and only when GameFace da GodFather of poker says so.

All any of us coulda said to unlucky is "ask GameFace" tbh.

Basically cuz Poker Nights happen when, and only when GameFace da GodFather of poker says so.

All any of us coulda said to unlucky is "ask GameFace" tbh.

FWIW, even though I felt super, super, SUPER awkward, I had a decent time. I'm not necessarily asking for another go, but I do want to say the environment was a calm, relaxed one.

Thank you again, Gameface, for fostering such an environment and inviting so many buttholes into your home.

FWIW, even though I felt super, super, SUPER awkward, I had a decent time. I'm not necessarily asking for another go, but I do want to say the environment was a calm, relaxed one.

Thank you again, Gameface, for fostering such an environment and inviting so many buttholes into your home.

Why you feel awkward doe?

(night is slightly fuzzy for me)

If el roacho don't go to the next poker night, then I don't go.

#2birdswithonestonetbh

Yeah...the poker sharks let me feel like i ran the place. Next time...:mad:

again, i had a much better time than expected. Thanks for that.

I really appreciate the appreciation. I'm super socially awkward and have played in a number of different home games, sometimes knowing no one. I really do try to set things up so that if I was coming into the game as a complete stranger I would be reasonably comfortable.

I've said it before but hosting poker games is honestly like a social anxiety self-help thing for me. I love poker, so that gives me the motivation to open up in a way I never normally would. Like never at all in 1 million years. Got to get out of my comfort zone every once in a while.

Anyway, I do hope you will give it another shot.

So we got ideas for dates? This is a tough time of year for a lot of reasons. Friday or Saturday are working for me right now if that works for most of you.

If it's less than 11 we'll go with another cash game. More and we'll go tournament. Figure $25 buy-in as per usual. Will take suggestions re: rebuys, bigger/smaller buy-in, side action, etc.