What's new

Police shoots another unarmed black man for no reason.

In the Charlotte shooting, the victim's wife released the cell phone video that she took at the time of the encounter. I won't post a link, it has profanity in the video. However, the three photos at this link are very interesting. The first photo is a still shot from her video. It shows her husband on the ground, and officers around him. It shows the area on the ground where, in another still shot, what looks like a gun is visible. Yet, that gun is not visible in her shot of her husband after he has been shot. The same area of the ground, near her husband's feet, seems to be visible in both photos. So, why is there no gun visible in her photo? Did the police plant that gun??

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article103737896.html

Edit: I just noticed they added the cell phone video after I posted the above link. If this is a problem, because the wife of the victim unleashes a few F bombs late in the sequence, then delete the link by all means. I'd appreciate not being slapped with another infraction. I purposely looked for a link describing this development that did not include the actual cell phone video.

Interesting. I sure hope police did not plant the gun trying to cover themselves. What is most interesting for me is that both wife and daughter keep yelling in the videos that he has/had no gun. Usually if guy has legal gun members of the family would know it right? So did he have the gun and family had no clue about it or he really did not have any gun?
On a side note, I feel very sorry for the wife... can't imagine what she felt seeing her husband getting killed in the middle of the day just few yards from her.

I had the same thought, when searching for innocent reasons. I thought they bagged evidence, there are fingerprints and DNA involved, and in fact the police claim both fingerprints and DNA were found on the gun. I guess they could have just put it to one side like that. I just assumed they'd be less "casual" with evidence like that.

I dont think they handle a murder outside of their doing the same as they do inside. I dont think they start collecting DNA and fingerprints, and tip toeing around trying to not contaminate things.

Do outside agencies come in and do an investigation? I dont think they do. Maybe there lies the problem. Might need to start bringing in a independent investigation every time someone dies. But that probabaly means they would have to not enter the crime scene once it happens. Which complicates things.

So back to my point. I dont think they handle evidence the same.

Interesting. I sure hope police did not plant the gun trying to cover themselves. What is most interesting for me is that both wife and daughter keep yelling in the videos that he has/had no gun. Usually if guy has legal gun members of the family would know it right? So did he have the gun and family had no clue about it or he really did not have any gun?
On a side note, I feel very sorry for the wife... can't imagine what she felt seeing her husband getting killed in the middle of the day just few yards from her.
If the guh is a plant it would be very, very bad. It means that cops are driving around with illegal weapons in order to drop them at crime scenes, just in case they accidentally shoot an unarmed person. It means that every cop on that scene, and probably the entire department, would have to be in on the plan to utilize these sorts of cover-ups. I have no doubt that this sort of thing has happened in the past, but I believe that we now live in an era where it would be exponentially more difficult.

I can believe that there are bad cops. I could even be convinced that in some terrible police department somewhere there could be a large percentage of bad cops, but all it would take is for one guy with a conscience to become aware of this sort of planning for a massive scandal to erupt. Ask yourself, if you were a cop and you became aware that some of your fellow officers are carrying around illegal weapons to plant, would you just stand by and say nothing? Would your paycheck be worth enough to you that you could live with knowing that your coworkers, who had sworn to serve and protect the citizens of their community, are going out on patrol every day with illegal tools in order to do the exact opposite of their duty?

It seems highly likely that eventually we will see a video that shows us how that weapon got there. IMO, it's much, much more likely that it was in the possession of the deceased than that it got there in any other way.

I also heard that there is a photo where Scott is wearing an ankle holster. Do people believe the cops planted that on him too, knowing that there may have been dozens of cameras pointed on them at the time? Then again, maybe the ankle holster info I heard is completely incorrect.

I dont think they handle a murder outside of their doing the same as they do inside. I dont think they start collecting DNA and fingerprints, and tip toeing around trying to not contaminate things.

Do outside agencies come in and do an investigation? I dont think they do. Maybe there lies the problem. Might need to start bringing in a independent investigation every time someone dies. But that probabaly means they would have to not enter the crime scene once it happens. Which complicates things.

So back to my point. I dont think they handle evidence the same.

If anything, at least in Utah, it's an even more intensive investigation because they know how under the microscope it will be. And again, don't know how Charlotte does it, but in Utah an outside jurisdiction handles the officer-involved shooting, and in-house an internal affairs investigation is conducted. Again, outside of moving the gun out of arms reach of the offender, evidence collection is handled intently.

Joe is right also, it would take a conspiracy of massive proportions that would have to take place on epic scale, to include the Department of Justice and FBI on a federal level

In this report, a former FBI agent points out that there is an officer guarding the gun on the ground immediately after the shooting, and that the body has been moved in the photo showing the gun, so we are seeing it at a different angle then. But, in the cell phone video, the gun is in fact seen, according to the agent, as he points it out in a still shot. I find it hard to actually see without a better closeup, but this may explain the difference in what we see in the photos.

https://www.wcnc.com/news/local/kei...phone-video-of-keith-scott-shooting/324882723

Here's the dash cam and body cam videos released by the Charlotte police.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livew...lease-video-keith-lamont-scott-fatal-shooting

Its hard to tell for sure if he had a gun. You can see what looks like a gun holster on his ankle though.

We do know for that he did not exit the vehicle with his hands up. Thats a fact the video proves. Even though a witness on the news lied and said he had his hands up.

If the cops are yelling drop the gun and this guy keeps his arms to his side, what does common sense tell you? That he probably has a gun. If you dont have a gun and they are yelling drop the gun, wouldnt you put your hands in the air to show surrender and that you dont have anything? Wouldnt you be trying to show you didnt have a gun? Instead he gets out and starts walking backwards with his arms to his side like he is about to raise up and start shooting.

Im calling bs on the idea he didnt have a gun. I seriously doubt a bunch of cops would be in on some conspiracy to shoot and kill a black man for no reason. They would have all had to be in on it.

Last edited:
This article shows how brainwashed by the media this country has became an how rash you all are. Pictures prove he has reaching for something, had pcp, an long history of resisting arrest an abuse of cops. The officers were likely familiar with his criminal activity an heals shorter leash when he reached down to waste band.

https://conservativetribune.com/truth-crutcher-bad-for-media/

Trying to switch attention from cop panicking and shooting for no reason to victims previous criminal records and warrants is very weak move and won't work in court. Plus as we all saw from video's and stil shots window of the car was closed, so the argument of him reaching inside the car will be dismissed by court immediatelly. If she is an expert in drug use why it is so hard to understand that person may not be reacting to commands as a any clean or sober person would? So his arm may have dropped down once or he may have stumbled while leaning on the car - is it a reason to shoot him right away? I am sure glad she won't be patrolling streets after S.Patricks day - she may get scared and shoot every other happy drunk based on her logic...
She was absolutely wrong in that situation and I hope she gets deserved jail time.

Im calling bs on the idea he didnt have a gun. I seriously doubt a bunch of cops would be in on some conspiracy to shoot and kill a black man for no reason. They would have all had to be in on it.

I haven't heard anyone mentioning conspiracy on the scene itself. Only one cop fired his weapon, 4 quick shots. Need to know what he was seeing and thinking more then anyone else. But, as The Daily Show piece just posted pointed out, it is just astonishingly easy to be killed by cops in the United States. I think most folks are fair in understanding the dangers a cop can, and at times, does face on any given day. That said, I think what many have such trouble with is how easy it is to be killed by cops in this country.

Well, it turns out that the man shot in Charlotte Kieth Lamont Scott had a restraining order placed against him by his own wife, the woman in the video screaming dont you do it Kieth, over and over. She cited in the report he carries a gun and is dangerous. But yet, she goes on the news and lies to everyone and said he only had a book and not a gun. Which is what caused the riots.

Congrats to the left. You fell for it again, and caused more bad race relations with biased shotty reporting.

People who have restraining orders are to be put down in the street on sight.

--Hack

Well, it turns out that the man shot in Charlotte Kieth Lamont Scott had a restraining order placed against him by his own wife, the woman in the video screaming dont you do it Kieth, over and over. She cited in the report he carries a gun and is dangerous. But yet, she goes on the news and lies to everyone and said he only had a book and not a gun. Which is what caused the riots.

Congrats to the left. You fell for it again, and caused more bad race relations with biased shotty reporting.

*shoddy

People who have restraining orders are to be put down in the street on sight.

--Hack

Is the restraining order the only thing in the story and why he got shot? Why would you think thats my argumen? I never said anything close to what you just said.

Whats the point of telling made up statements by you? If I know I didnt say it, and you know I didnt. Who is it for then? Why do you need outaide approval? Why cant you just speak to me directly?