What's new

PoS fan who harassed Westbrook

Status
Not open for further replies.
His master. Like if I said to you 'kneel to me', you'd think it's about dominance, no?
Yes but I wouldn't think you were being racist to me. just being a dick. But good point about the master part.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Being on your knees at the feet of someone who gives that command is not only a form of submission but implies a "master and servant" type of relationship. Bondage and slavery implications. When said to a black man, it's easy to see how they would see it more as racially based than sexual based.
Good post. Makes sense.

Because your ancestors have a different history from his. Were you black, you'd understand it differently.
Certainly.
I can see how it could be racist.
Do you see how it could mean something unrelated to race?

One way I believe you get seats to a game is by buying them. Could be how he got them.

What I meant though is that a lot of times the seats that close are used for business(maybe he's a business owner) or given to a client (which puts him in the business world). In either of those cases he could feel financial repercussions for his actions. Or maybe he lives off investments or a trust fund and doesn't sweat outing himself as a racist.

What I meant though is that a lot of times the seats that close are used for business(maybe he's a business owner) or given to a client (which puts him in the business world). In either of those cases he could feel financial repercussions for his actions. Or maybe he lives off investments or a trust fund and doesn't sweat outing himself as a racist.
The more I hear about the guy (people at work are talking about this too) the more he seems like a big ol' douche.

I'm not usually one to judge a book by its cover, but from the limited clip I saw of him, the dude portrays himself as a big ol' douche.
His social media stuff is really bad

My problem with all of this and politics in general, the Left or the Right is that no one wants to take responsibility for their actions, and instead point out the actions of others. This thread is making me see mine and made me realize I need to start taking responsibility for my actions in life and on jazzfanz. I love the jazz, but I need to take a step back and not take it so seriously. I’ve done my share so attacking others, people like @LoPo @Maneesh @Batman and plenty more. I’m talking less jazz because of it and it pisses me off. I recognize I need to do better and treat others here and outside jazzfanz better. It’s ok for me to disagree with someone’s opinions and share mine, but all I do is attack those other opinions different from mine and that’s wrong.

I need a break from jazzfanz for a while. Maybe I’ll be back, hopefully I’ll be back in the future, bye.

Go jazz!!

Possibly, but that doesn't mean the accusations have no merit to them. Indiana has a predominantly white fan base and I haven't heard anything levied against their fan base.

The Indiana and Utah fanbases are both white, yes... and I can't think of any other difference that might exist between them. LOL

I'm trying to see both sides of this conversation. If the entire statement was - "Russ get on your knees like you are used to": it is not a reasonable person's reaction to call that racist. Not in the least bit really. At the end of the day however, a person can choose to interpret a statement how they choose to interpret it.

Everyone knows that Russ is a very emotionally raw nerve type of individual. Regardless, even if he perceived that statement to be racist, there is no justification for his actions. There is a major difference between a disparaging comment and a threat.

I'm looking forward to swift action by our organization in terms of the investigation of this incident. If that fan said more stuff that substantiates Russ' racist interpretation, then the fan needs to be banned from our arena for a long, long time if not forever. We should have a zero tolerance policy for anything related to stuff like that.

One of my co workers was at the game last night and was in the same section where this all happened. He said that right after the incident happened the fans went after Westbrook even harder. Partly due to the threat by Westbrook and partly due to it being right after the play where Ingles got George in the face and then was trying to apologize to George and I guess Westbrook and the thunder bench were freaking out about jingles.
My co worker said that security removed the fan (I'm unsure if he was removed from the game permanently or just temporarily to get a warning card or something) and then started handing out warning cards to a bunch of other fans.

I had never heard of the warning cards but apparently they have like a list of stuff you can't say or do written on them and if you do any of that stuff you can get kicked out or banned.

One thing that I didn't know was against the rules is calling out an individual player. Apparently you can't use their name or number to identify them at all. So you can't say "Westbrook you suck" or "harden you are a flopper" or "draymond you look like the donkey from Shrek" (that might also be racist I'm guessing) etc etc.

I had no idea about that rule

I'm looking forward to swift action by our organization in terms of the investigation of this incident. If that fan said more stuff that substantiates Russ' racist interpretation, then the fan needs to be banned from our arena for a long, long time if not forever. We should have a zero tolerance policy for anything related to stuff like that.

He did say more stuff that substantiates Russ racist interpretation on his social media accounts.

Whether he meant what he said at the game in a racist way or just a homophobic way (just as bad) he is pretty certainly racist. More racist than most of us are no doubt.

I don’t view Utah as racist as much as I view it closed off. People mean well but some of them are absolute IDIOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.