What's new

Positions of need.

gregbroncs

So I'm seeing a lot of people wanting SG's. I wonder why. Now it makes me wonder what do most fans see as our biggest needs this summer. By this I mean what positions do you see as a need and in what order?
Here is mine.
1. PG
2. Backup C
3. Backup PG
4. Backup and future SF
5. Backup and future PF
I personally see no need for another SG on the roster.

Mine's this:

1. PG
2. Future SF
3. Backup PG
4. Backup PF/C

And that's it. I think we sign Tinsley to be our backup PG again and sign a vet PF/C to go with Kanter & Favors (Landry type role).

I really think Hayward is better suited as a SG, Burks off the bench in the James Harden Role. That leaves us a future SF to learn under Marv/Carroll with a view of starting the '15 season. Then backup PG

When I see someone in a position of need I always try to help.
h6041600m.jpg

We need a PG. A SF who could hit threes wouldn't hurt, either.

So I'm seeing a lot of people wanting SG's. I wonder why. Now it makes me wonder what do most fans see as our biggest needs this summer. By this I mean what positions do you see as a need and in what order?
Here is mine.
1. PG
2. Backup C
3. Backup PG
4. Backup and future SF
5. Backup and future PF
I personally see no need for another SG on the roster.
Isn't Kanter the future pf?

Damn, if we'd only picked Kawhi Leonard we'd be on our merry way. He's shooting 37% from 3's this year. He's a really good defender and he's also a decent rebounder.

Got nothing against Burks, but I think talent wise they are neck & neck, so I'd rather have someone who fills our team's needs better.

Damn, if we'd only picked Kawhi Leonard we'd be on our merry way. He's shooting 37% from 3's this year. He's a really good defender and he's also a decent rebounder.

Got nothing against Burks, but I think talent wise they are neck & neck, so I'd rather have someone who fills our team's needs better.

That's the SA version of Kawhi Leonard though. I'm about 99.999999% sure the Utah version wouldn't be nearly as good. That said yes I would take him over Burks and wanted it on draft day.

That's the SA version of Kawhi Leonard though. I'm about 99.999999% sure the Utah version wouldn't be nearly as good. That said yes I would take him over Burks and wanted it on draft day.

Then the problem isn't the pick, it's how we're developing the pick.

Whichever position GH doesn't play - we need someone. Not yet sold on Burks. And whoever it is at either position they need to be a good outside shooter. So now you can neg rep since I disagree with you.

Kawhi is wildly inconsistent. He airballs more threes than he should for being a "good" three point shooter.