What's new

Positions of need.

Whichever position GH doesn't play - we need someone. Not yet sold on Burks. And whoever it is at either position they need to be a good outside shooter. So now you can neg rep since I disagree with you.
I rarely neg and never just because someone disagree's with me.
As to Burks. You are not even sold on him being a backup SG? Because to me he has already proven he is at least worth that.

I see some have put coach. While I believe that's our biggest need by far. It's also not going to happen this off season. So I pretty much ignored it.

Lead guard/wing. Gordon looks like a terrific second ball handler/third scorer, but the Jazz really need someone who can put pressure on the defense with the ball in his hands in the half court.

Lead guard/wing. Gordon looks like a terrific second ball handler/third scorer, but the Jazz really need someone who can put pressure on the defense with the ball in his hands in the half court.

I think a guard like Devin Harris used to be would be great (when he was an all star). He can drive to the hoop, putting pressure on the D, and can shoot ok, and could pass to the open man.

I think we should draft a better plan this year. Thats th position I would like to see an upgrade.

I think a guard like Devin Harris used to be would be great (when he was an all star). He can drive to the hoop, putting pressure on the D, and can shoot ok, and could pass to the open man.
He's not the sort of player you can trust to lead an offense. I'm not sold on Kanter & Hayward as reliable hubs of a good halfcourt offense. I think they can be pretty good as #2/#3 guys, but the Jazz's half court offense could be pretty uglynext season depending on what happens this off season.

GVC has basically outlined my position. I don't really care what position they play, 1-3, they just need to be able to make smart basketball plays and defend. I like McCollum. Schroeder still seems a good risk....

Most important:

Starting PG (Draft Schroeder but not as a starter)
Backup C (Draft Gobert)
Starting (Backup) SF (Draft Adonis Thomas as a bench player)

I'd be okey with Williams starting at SF but would like an other SF to start going forward.

Head coach. Won't matter what talent you assemble if the coaching sucks.

Everyone just has to face it, our management stinks right now too. They are the ones who assembled the roster, hired the coach, and refused to make a move, and I am sure they were in Corbins ear about starting the vets.

What GVCNAOSLOLBBQ said. If I thought there was a wing out there that I believed could be that I'd say go for it. But since I don't, then a PG. Schroeder preferably.

Everyone just has to face it, our management stinks right now too. They are the ones who assembled the roster, hired the coach, and refused to make a move, and I am sure they were in Corbins ear about starting the vets.
I have no problem with any of the players currently under contract. I had little problem with the roster that we had last year. My only problem with last years roster was the way they were used.

I have no problem with any of the players currently under contract. I had little problem with the roster that we had last year. My only problem with last years roster was the way they were used.

^This. Other than at backup point guard, I think the Jazz fielded a pretty solid team -- good enough for a six or maybe a five seed.

Foye gave the Jazz that 3-point shooter we've been looking for since Korver left. Unfortunately his shot would disappear for weeks on end which, when coupled with his inability to defend, left a glaring weakness at the 2 on both ends of the floor. This could have been mitigated if Corbin would have cut even five minutes from Foye's playing time once he went 0-4 or 1-5 shooting -- five minutes that should have gone to Burks or Carroll. We probably lost 3-5 games over the course of the year from this mistake alone. When Foye was hot, we won games; when he wasn't, that hole at 2-guard was a huge obstacle for the rest of the team to overcome.

All of Corbin's other mistakes in distributing minutes and in-game strategy can be debated, but for me, Corbin's refusal to cut Foye's minutes was the surest sign that he wasn't ready to be a head coach.

I'm still expecting the Jazz to re-sign either Al or Millsap, so to me the biggest need is an upgrade at point guard -- either starting or the backup. If we don't re-sign Foye, then another 3-point shooting wing is also needed.

Last edited: