What's new

Possible changes.. 78 game season & Mid-season tournament?

Dumb as ****.

I’d almost rather see something like a non-starters tourney. If you started more than 10 games, you can’t be in the tourney. Basically a collection of the best 6-10 guys on teams.

Very stupid. It only appeals as a money grab for people who don’t watch games but love to get into the hype of some stupid, meaningless tournament that will be talked about in the office.

Absolutely pointless.

Of course the NBAPA and the owners are the ones with long-term skin in the game and benefit most from long exposure to BRI. It’s not best for the players, and not best for the real fans, but it’s best for those really making the money and for all those assholes wearing Warriors gear the past three years that were totally MIA from last night’s JazzAvenues thread.

The 30 team in season tournament is redic. Seems like a shameless money grab which is bound to backfire by further minimizing the regular season.

I'm ok with the other changes

HERE'S SOME GREAT IDEAS. GET RID OF CONFERENCES AND TAKE THE TOP 16 TEAMS TO THE PLAYOFFS?!

That has been thrown around for a few years now. But how did it go from that to this garbage? I could maybe see some kind of change like re-seeding in the playoffs like they do in the NFL and NHL. If the new format went through, every record past single game performances would have to start over. And whats with 78 games? Did they calculate that superstars were on load management 4 games a years so they thought they would just shrink it?

I hope every small to medium sized market teams vote no on this so it fails.

I still can't believe this load management crap. Malone and John played 377493847392 more minutes than these babies and played A LOT harder than the current players do now. Smh
Played harder? Lmao

Sent from my SM-G973U using JazzFanz mobile app

Played harder? Lmao

Sent from my SM-G973U using JazzFanz mobile app
They had to because it was back in the olden days, when none of the players were athletes and everything was exaggerated because the game was so much easier than today. Heck everyone knows Karl was only 6'4"and Stockton was an actual dwarf with a club foot. They had to play harder because they simply couldn't even survive in today's Superman NBA.

Two conferences - East and West.

Two games against the other 29 teams, with one extra game against the 14 teams in your conference. That’s 72 games total. Seed the teams 1-16.

Keep it simple.
I kind of like it, but I'd put the extra game at a neutral arena - each city gets some of those, randomly chosen. So maybe Utah would get LAL vs SA, or even BOS vs MIA. That could make it fun and even sell some extra gear...

They had to because it was back in the olden days, when none of the players were athletes and everything was exaggerated because the game was so much easier than today. Heck everyone knows Karl was only 6'4"and Stockton was an actual dwarf with a club foot. They had to play harder because they simply couldn't even survive in today's Superman NBA.
When you said olden days, I read that as Olden days.

3hd9ju.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2019-11-23_20-22-44.jpeg
    upload_2019-11-23_20-22-44.jpeg
    57.9 KB · Views: 15
The single elimination midseason tournament is absolutely brilliant. I'm a list guy, so here are my top reasons:

- it gives teams something else to fight for. Before this unpredictable season, there have only been a handful of true contenders every year. We pretty much know who has a chance to win. With this win or go home tourney, one game anything is possible.

- in European soccer, these tournaments allow teams to showcase younger talent as big stars are sometimes rested. So if we really want to see a Brantley, this tourney is the type place where we get to see him in meaningful action.

- teams who know they aren't playoff contenders might go all in on this. Gives their fans something to get excited about. Keeps interest. So imagine Kawhi getting rested while Sacramento playing everybody in a win or go home. I'd watch that.

- I mentioned it before, but this model really works in European soccer where their schedules are actually pretty jam packed for what is a very grueling sport in terms of fitness required. It's popular because it gives every team a shot at exposure and many more teams a shot at a title.

- the pros outweigh the cons. More people will tune in to a tournament than Lakers at Hawks on a random Monday night.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

So two months of watching the stars sit especially after people already complain about teams resting stars?

The NBA schedule has worked fine for decades.. Win/Lose record works just fine, no point system or some other complicated way of determining seeding.

Nah keep the soccer stuff out. There's a reason its not popular in the U.S.

Last edited: