What's new

Post Count Discrepancy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dropped it after I saw his spamming various threads. Waiting for him to say something.

jason, can you please just make my post count stuck on 0 (or 1, if that's not possible)?
If it's going to be inaccurate, i'd rather it be ironic as well.

Hey JI - did the mods delete your thread in the Jazz forum yesterday? I couldn't find it anywhere.

Yes.

I also received an infraction for circumventing the profanity filter.
I communicated with the admin. that I just correctly spelled the player's actual name--and only used that word in that relevant context.
And also mentioned that his name was put into print on numerous well-respected and mainstream mediums.
One specific medium being SB Nation-- which is relevant because it happens to be a source hand-picked by JazzFanz.com to be featured in the newsfeed forum. When faced with all the evidence, including the fact that I had simply done what JazzFanz had already essentially endorsed, I was then told that I was not infracted for the official reason that was given--but due to "trolling," which was determined for some ultimately biased and presumptuous reason.

There is plenty of irony to note here, but what I find especially hilarious is that there happened to be another thread on the front page which CLEARLY (and i mean black-and-white) broke the rules--yet it was not edited, deleted, or infracted in any way. In fact, it was "liked" by several members of the moderation/admin./ownership team--accurately described as the Triangle of Tyranny. Yet my posts which apparently fall under the vague rule of "trolling" were deleted, infracted, and my post count fudged.

Hilarious. And hypocrisy at it's finest.

For all the standards this place claims to strive for, there is a fundamental flaw in the infrastructure that will always hold it back. I've tried exposing the cracks, but admittedly failed in my own mission to educated the masses. Unfortunately, due to my failures, it'll only be visible once the cracks become craters and the entire building comes crumbling down.
Oh well. At least I can say I tried my best.

Good luck, friends.

Yes.

I also received an infraction for circumventing the profanity filter.
I communicated with the admin. that I just correctly spelled the player's actual name--and only used that word in that relevant context.
And also mentioned that his name was put into print on numerous well-respected and mainstream mediums.
One specific medium being SB Nation-- which is relevant because it happens to be a source hand-picked by JazzFanz.com to be featured in the newsfeed forum. When faced with all the evidence, including the fact that I had simply done what JazzFanz had already essentially endorsed, I was then told that I was not infracted for the official reason that was given--but due to "trolling," which was determined for some ultimately biased and presumptuous reason.

There is plenty of irony to note here, but what I find especially hilarious is that there happened to be another thread on the front page which CLEARLY (and i mean black-and-white) broke the rules--yet it was not edited, deleted, or infracted in any way. In fact, it was "liked" by several members of the moderation/admin./ownership team--accurately described as the Triangle of Tyranny. Yet my posts which apparently fall under the vague rule of "trolling" were deleted, infracted, and my post count fudged.

Hilarious. And hypocrisy at it's finest.

For all the standards this place claims to strive for, there is a fundamental flaw in the infrastructure that will always hold it back. I've tried exposing the cracks, but admittedly failed in my own mission to educated the masses. Unfortunately, due to my failures, it'll only be visible once the cracks become craters and the entire building comes crumbling down.
Oh well. At least I can say I tried my best.

Good luck, friends.

Yeah if the FO was thinking hard about drafting that player then I can see why you'd bring up that guy. But your intention was dubious at best.... it was an obvious troll attempt and the last I check a troll attempt is infraction worthy also.

Yeah if the FO was thinking hard about drafting that player then I can see why you'd bring up that guy. But your intention was dubious at best.... it was an obvious troll attempt and the last I check a troll attempt is infraction worthy also.

That is besides the point but this being your response, as I stated above, is a failure on my part.
Either something is against the rules or it's not. "Intent" is a recipe for corruption and bias.
The mods here have done an excellent job of rallying their message, a much better job than me. They win.
We'll worship like dogs at the shrine of their lies. I'll tell you my infractions and you can sharpen your knife.
Offer me that banless ban, good mod, let me give you my posts. Take us to church.

That is besides the point but this being your response, as I stated above, is a failure on my part.
Either something is against the rules or it's not.

And trolling is against the rules.

So his post was spot on, and not in the least beside the point.

Dubious? No way, the guy plays in the Alberta Colleges Athletic Conference...that place is a gold mine of NBA talent.

I didn't receive an infraction for trolling, i received it for circumventing the profanity filter. After I presented evidence I mentioned above, you changed it to 'trolling' because that's so vague, you can pick and choose whatever you want, and punish anyone for anything carte blanche. Just like my post count was fudged. Hmm, weird, right? What I actually posted is not against the rules, per your own admission, your interpretation and assumption of my intent is what is supposedly 'trolling'.

Yet-- there was another thread created on the front page, which is still there as I type, that CLEARLY breaks the rules point-blank. Without a need for any vague interpretations, and not only has it gone unpunished, you even liked it. I don't want anything done to that thread, or that poster, i'm just mentioning it to highlight the hypocrisy. Doesn't really matter though, I'm sure you'll just brush it off with little actual concern-- as you, moe, and jason have done countless times to countless posters. Then the likes of nate and bigb will come in with their strawman jokes to further marginalize, humiliate and bury. it's like clockwork with you guys. and you try 'awfully damn hard' at it. Keep up the good work.

Dubious? No way, the guy plays in the Alberta Colleges Athletic Conference...that place is a gold mine of NBA talent.

There have been players who have made it to the NBA from lesser known places. You do know this as fact, right? Just making sure, since you may not have had enough time to pay attention to the sport of basketball, being so busy working awfully damn hard moderating and all.

I didn't receive an infraction for trolling, i received it for circumventing the profanity filter.

Moderators can only select one reason from the list of options when issuing an infraction through the infraction system. It doesn't mean there was only one reason.

Yet-- there was another thread created on the front page, which is still there as I type, that CLEARLY breaks the rules point-blank. Without a need for any vague interpretations, and not only has it gone unpunished, you even liked it.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

If you think you're being picked on because of who you are, you're dead wrong. We would have infracted ANYONE who had started a thread like that.

I don't want anything done to that thread, or that poster, i'm just mentioning it to highlight the hypocrisy. Doesn't really matter though, I'm sure you'll just brush it off with little actual concern-- as you, moe, and jason have done countless times to countless posters. Then the likes of nate and bigb will come in with their strawman jokes to further marginalize, humiliate and bury. it's like clockwork with you guys.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

and you try 'awfully damn hard' at it. Keep up the good work.

How about you try not breaking the rules. And not even pushing the boundaries. And then see how your experience improves.

But why was he infracted for circumventing the profanity filters and then when the mods found that was not legit it was changed to trolling?

Seems like someone just wanted to punish jazz insider no matter what he posts.

Also, there is alot of trolling that does not get infracted. (Vindication of ty Corbin thread comes to mind)

Ncolorado jazz has never made a post that was not trolling

Status
Not open for further replies.