What's new

Post Count Discrepancy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give me a break. It was an obvious troll in order to attempt to bypass the filter.

But why was he infracted for circumventing the profanity filters and then when the mods found that was not legit it was changed to trolling?

Seems like someone just wanted to punish jazz insider no matter what he posts.

Also, there is alot of trolling that does not get infracted. (Vindication of ty Corbin thread comes to mind)

Ncolorado jazz has never made a post that was not trolling

It was legit. It doesn't matter if that's the guys name or not. It's not even a hard concept to grasp. Hell, his own team won't put his last name on the back of his jersey.

Such an insult for a future NBA prospect that joined Canada's community college basketball league

Colt45, as I alluded to above, this is a losing battle from my end. Literally no matter what I say-- no matter how much logic, reason, and rationale I bring up, you'll deflect and just cut it down with your sword of power rather than address it with understanding and concern. There's an entire attitude of mgmt here speaking TO posters rather than WITH us.

And BTW a record log of infractions (as I have suggested in another thread) may help give you a clue since there is apparently so much "you have no idea" about. You are really telling me the rules are applied evenly across the site, rather than specific posters being targeted? With a straight face, without having consumed about a dozen or so of GameFace's fine craft moonshine? With all due respect--"LMAO."

I have hesitated to post the specific example I mentioned above, because I do NOT want any part of this thread to be edited or the OP to be punished in anyway, but since you're forcing the issue here: https://jazzfanz.com/showthread.php...ep-Climbing-Up-the-Crowded-Western-Conference

Isn't posting ENTIRE articles, word-for-word, clearly against the rules? Of course, I can't prove it, since you guys refuse to give us transparency of past infractions--cuz yall are so busy working awfully damn hard and whatnot, but I'm positive there have been instanced in the past where a post has been edited/deleted, and posters warned/frac'd for this same reason. Yet here we have a thread with no acton taken, and stoked, colton, and jason "liking" it. That's a mod, an admin, and an owner. The trifecta. This is just ONE example of hypocrisy that just so happened to be right next to the thread I created. If I were so inclined, I'm sure I could put on my troll-hunter glasses and find a buncha others that you guys failed to infract.

Really...like where.

You want me to look it up and tell you. What reason do I have to do this work for you? If I prove you wrong, what will happen? You'll make some snide remark, marginalize, and brush it aside. It's not like you'll actually DO anything if proven wrong. Will you get my infraction removed? My thread restored? What? Provide me incentive, and I'll do your work for you.

But why was he infracted for circumventing the profanity filters and then when the mods found that was not legit it was changed to trolling?

I don't understand the question. There was no change in the reason for his infraction.

Isn't posting ENTIRE articles, word-for-word, clearly against the rules? Of course, I can't prove it, since you guys refuse to give us transparency of past infractions--cuz yall are so busy working awfully damn hard and whatnot, but I'm positive there have been instanced in the past where a post has been edited/deleted, and posters warned/frac'd for this same reason. Yet here we have a thread with no acton taken, and stoked, colton, and jason "liking" it. That's a mod, an admin, and an owner. The trifecta.

Life is black and white for you. That's great. My life isn't so I'm jealous of what you have.

As for this post, report it and we'll smoke cigars and discuss it in our secret lair without you. We've been pretty strict on items that are behind a pay wall as it relates to posting content. This, I'm not sure. Report it and we'll NOT let you know how it goes down because we have too much going on and we work "awfully damn hard".

...because posting a full article (with a link to the source) is so similar to posting a thread on a player with a last name that isn't allowed on national television claiming you're discussing a future pick. Makes sense.

And BTW a record log of infractions (as I have suggested in another thread) may help give you a clue since there is apparently so much "you have no idea" about.

We do have a record of infractions. Making that record *public* is what you were suggesting. That's very different.

You are really telling me the rules are applied evenly across the site, rather than specific posters being targeted? With a straight face, without having consumed about a dozen or so of GameFace's fine craft moonshine? With all due respect--"LMAO."

I am telling you exactly that. There is absolutely no targeting of specific posters. Absolutely none. There never has been, there never will be. I am serious enough about that that I would so testify in a court of law. All reported posts are handled in the exact same way, with three mods voting in favor of infraction of warning required before action is taken. The only difference between posters is if someone has been previously warned about an item it's more likely to result in an infraction the second time instead of a warning again.

You can LMAO all you want, but you are entirely incorrect.

I have hesitated to post the specific example I mentioned above, because I do NOT want any part of this thread to be edited or the OP to be punished in anyway, but since you're forcing the issue here: https://jazzfanz.com/showthread.php...ep-Climbing-Up-the-Crowded-Western-Conference

Isn't posting ENTIRE articles, word-for-word, clearly against the rules?

No. Posting *paid* articles, like ESPN Insider, is against the rules. But posting free articles isn't against the rules. And it never has been.

Of course, I can't prove it, since you guys refuse to give us transparency of past infractions--cuz yall are so busy working awfully damn hard and whatnot, but I'm positive there have been instanced in the past where a post has been edited/deleted, and posters warned/frac'd for this same reason.

And yet your memory is incorrect.

Yet here we have a thread with no acton taken, and stoked, colton, and jason "liking" it. That's a mod, an admin, and an owner. The trifecta. This is just ONE example of hypocrisy that just so happened to be right next to the thread I created. If I were so inclined, I'm sure I could put on my troll-hunter glasses and find a buncha others that you guys failed to infract.

So maybe you should give us the benefit of the doubt instead of automatically jumping to the "mods are horrible, inconsistent, and have a personal vendetta against me" scenario. If nothing else, it would help you avoid looking stupid when you complain that three mods have liked a post that you thought was against the rules, but that really wasn't.

Is this type of thing fun for you, hh? This looks like an awful lot of work to be going through to have some fun. I thought you would be busy being a plant sales associate of whatever it is you do?

You want me to look it up and tell you. What reason do I have to do this work for you?
I'm honestly curious. The lowest level of ball that I can think of someone jumping from the NBA was Exum playing in the Australian high school leagues...yet even him played in far more prestigious leagues/tournaments. Can't say the same about this guy...was he ever even on the Brazillian U19 team?

Is this type of thing fun for you, hh? This looks like an awful lot of work to be going through to have some fun. I thought you would be busy being a plant sales associate of whatever it is you do?

i always have enough time to absorb your insults, friend.

colt-- you're telling me it's perfectly acceptable (and in some cases even encouraged, per the "likes" mentioned above) to post entire articles in threads, word-for-word from start to finish, robbing the creator of that content of their rightful clicks? Correct? Just confirming.

...because posting a full article (with a link to the source) is so similar to posting a thread on a player with a last name that isn't allowed on national television claiming you're discussing a future pick. Makes sense.

His name is allowed on national TV as far as I know. do you have any evidence to back-up your claim?

colt-- you're telling me it's perfectly acceptable (and in some cases even encouraged, per the "likes" mentioned above) to post entire articles in threads, word-for-word from start to finish, robbing the creator of that content of their rightful clicks? Correct? Just confirming.

Bro, I think you're reaching here, like, big time. The OP posted the link to the actual article, and to make extra clear that it wasn't his writing, he put the whole article in quotation. He could have just posted the link but he made it easier for all of us by quoting the article.

I don't think the OP could have handled that any better to be honest.

Bro, I think you're reaching here, like, big time. The OP posted the link to the actual article, and to make extra clear that it wasn't his writing, he put the whole article in quotation. He could have just posted the link but he made it easier for all of us by quoting the article.

I don't think the OP could have handled that any better to be honest.

*tbh

1luv bro-- dont have any problem with that thread or what the OP did, like i said in my post. just clarifying what jazzfanz says about the issue, straight from #Colt45, so i know for future purposes.

HH posted a thread following a draftee that had a last-name that needed to be censored?

LMAO. The G.O.A.T, ladies & gentlemen. There will never be another like him.

HH posted a thread following a draftee that had a last-name that needed to be censored?

LMAO. The G.O.A.T, ladies & gentlemen. There will never be another like him.
Calling that guy a draftee is being kind, unless Brazil has conscription.

Patience is a virtue with which I've never been blessed. I'm genuinely amazed at the restraint of the people that run and oversee JazzFanz. I would be ghost banning or hellbanning posters without a worry or a second thought. I would run this place into the ground inside of a week.

DJ Mbenga started being scouted from pretty obscure origins. Just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are others. Why does it matter if ESPN or draftexpress isn't projecting them as the top 60 players in 2016 or whatever? this guy plays for a canadian college and has appeared on a buncha sports sites like SB Nation. it's obviously some imaginary, arbitrary line. this post will not make a difference anyway. guaransheed. mods arent lookin to prevent fires, they just want to put out the ones they pick and choose, and let others burn to the ground while even helping light some in which they have something to gain from. sad.

funny how my post count was fudged and i was also sent a warning for sexual innuendo.
even tho no one else's post count has been fudged with, and sexual innuendos are rampant on here--even by mods. heck, we even have approved usernames built around sexual references. yet im the one who gets the token warning. LMAO at mgmt here NOT selectively targeting specific posters.
LMFAO. Hypocrisy and I know it. Sorry for justice rocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.