What's new

Potential Trade Targets

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
2024 Award Winner
Who are some trade targets you’d be interested in where we would be making moves towards winning more.

Some of the rumored available players who fit this criteria:

Dejounte Murray
Zach LaVine
DeMar DeRozan
Pascal Siakam

DeRozan would be awesome but he is an expiring contract same with Siakam. LaVine would be interesting at a super low cost.

Dejounte is my favorite potential trade I think. He’s locked in for 3+1 years plus he has a great relationship with Hardy due to their time in San Antonio together.

Also, what kind of package would you be willing to trade for any of these guys?

Clarkson + a first + a swap for Dejounte?

Of those I pretty much only want Murray. He is a good fit if the price is reasonable. My interest in Siakam has dropped the last couple years. Partly I dont like his play as much and the price is likely too steep.

Of those I pretty much only want Murray. He is a good fit if the price is reasonable. My interest in Siakam has dropped the last couple years. Partly I dont like his play as much and the price is likely too steep.

I like DeRozan’s fit more than Siakam but it’s tricky with the expiring contract aspect of it.m

I really like Dejounte’s fit and think Hardy could get the most out of him.

I would be pretty disappointed if we bought on any of those but Dejounte would obviously be the top choice. Personally I would prefer to buy low on Andrew Wiggins who definitely fills a need for us as a long athletic wing that can play multiple positions. I feel pretty confident that he can get back to the player he was the last couple years and we could probably get him with a straight Clarkson swap.

Who are some trade targets you’d be interested in where we would be making moves towards winning more.

Some of the rumored available players who fit this criteria:

Dejounte Murray
Zach LaVine
DeMar DeRozan
Pascal Siakam

DeRozan would be awesome but he is an expiring contract same with Siakam. LaVine would be interesting at a super low cost.

Dejounte is my favorite potential trade I think. He’s locked in for 3+1 years plus he has a great relationship with Hardy due to their time in San Antonio together.

Also, what kind of package would you be willing to trade for any of these guys?

Clarkson + a first + a swap for Dejounte?
Out of those guys I like Dejounte. I think his fit with both Sexton (now) and George (in the future) seems good, as he brings defense and additional playmaking with decent shooting and scoring threat. He has AS upside but at the very least is a solid 2-way player who could do much of what Kris Dunn does defensively with an exponentially better offensive bag.

Other candidates you listed I'm not that interested on for various reasons. Siakam adds to our problem of mid level shooting paint penetrating dribblers and he is one of those guys who automatically puts the ball on the ground once he gets it. Would also think he is the unquestioned #1 guy here and likely struggle to play with Kessler. Demar is a non-spacer who has the most useless elite skill in modern NBA in midrange shotmaking, and Zach is just a loser (exaggarating these two to keep this short).

I would also want to look at Tyus and Tre Jones. They could both be had for various reasons, and while they would have trouble pairing with Sexton due to being seriously undersized as a pair, they could work well with JC and George (if we dont trade out JC).

Only really interested in Murray. Hypothetically Siakam, but that would be predicated on us not really giving up much, which wouldn't be the case. The Murray situation was one of the unexplored gripes I had about the Collins deal because getting Murray would have actually made a lot of sense and reaching for Collins, who didn't make sense, eliminated that as being any kind of potential option.

If we're in the hunt of "the next Lauri" (which isn't the most realistic strategy globally), it's going to be Murray.

Out of those guys I like Dejounte. I think his fit with both Sexton (now) and George (in the future) seems good, as he brings defense and additional playmaking with decent shooting and scoring threat. He has AS upside but at the very least is a solid 2-way player who could do much of what Kris Dunn does defensively with an exponentially better offensive bag.

Other candidates you listed I'm not that interested on for various reasons. Siakam adds to our problem of mid level shooting paint penetrating dribblers and he is one of those guys who automatically puts the ball on the ground once he gets it. Would also think he is the unquestioned #1 guy here and likely struggle to play with Kessler. Demar is a non-spacer who has the most useless elite skill in modern NBA in midrange shotmaking, and Zach is just a loser (exaggarating these two to keep this short).

I would also want to look at Tyus and Tre Jones. They could both be had for various reasons, and while they would have trouble pairing with Sexton due to being seriously undersized as a pair, they could work well with JC and George (if we dont trade out JC).
You're going to have to explain to me how Zach LaVine is a loser but Dejounte Murray isnt.

Both players have only made the playoffs once as main pieces on a team. Dejounte got traded to a team and that team got worse (not saying it's his fault either way, but it happened).

You're going to have to explain to me how Zach LaVine is a loser but Dejounte Murray isnt.

Both players have only made the playoffs once as main pieces on a team. Dejounte got traded to a team and that team got worse (not saying it's his fault either way, but it happened).

Dejounte plays best as a PG. In SA the season before he got traded he was averaging 9.2 APG. He works best with the ball in his hands.